Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Is there any subset of posters on this forum more sensitive than Pats fans? Is that even possible?

me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Same

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

MrLogan posted:

Agreed. Tom Brady is around the 30th best QB all time, so he should be a lot lower for overall NFL players.

He's only managed to build up such gaudy stats through extreme longevity, and thus should not be in the hall of fame imo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Is there any subset of posters on this forum more sensitive than Pats fans? Is that even possible?

Do you count as a subset? :v:

e: The one guy who cared about the ranking was a guy other Pats fans here poo poo on for being a Nazi.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I keep hearing of this Nazi pats fan but who were they?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Speaking of Pats posters, I see that fnordcircle is still a forums superstar over at PatsFans.com.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Speaking of Pats posters, I see that fnordcircle is still a forums superstar over at PatsFans.com.

how does that place still exist

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

how does that place still exist

Turn off ur monitor

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

OxySnake posted:

Hitler started ww2 because Stalin called Brady a system QB

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

OxySnake posted:

Guassian has some interesting views on refugees

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Amy Pole Her posted:

Really, aren't we all Hitlers when you think about it?

No, it's the German who thinks refugees are subhuman and should just die. :hitler:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Really, aren't we all Hitlers when you think about it?

No, it's the German who thinks refugees are subhuman and should just die. :hitler:

If 500 people i don’t know or see die to protect the lives of 1 innocent i KNOW, then it’s okay!!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

Turn off ur monitor

Nice

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The look on the refs face as Stafford launches the ball is one of quiet resignation. "Welp, that won't be coming back"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Amy Pole Her posted:

Really? Because I haven’t seen him post in ages.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CannonFodder posted:

Really? Because I haven’t seen him post in ages.
He is posting all time in most of the NFL related threads. Unless you have him on ignore and I am getting whooshed. The problem is that people quote him all the time and I have to see his posts anyway.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

If 500 people i don’t know or see die to protect the lives of 1 innocent i KNOW, then it’s okay!!!!

it's not even that base

he's worried that immigrants coming to germany will make his taxes go up

so he'd prefer their boats just sank and they all drown

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He is posting all time in most of the NFL related threads. Unless you have him on ignore and I am getting whooshed. The problem is that people quote him all the time and I have to see his posts anyway.

GuassianCoupula is different than Guassian. I got wooshed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Alaois posted:

it's not even that base

he's worried that immigrants coming to germany will make his taxes go up

so he'd prefer their boats just sank and they all drown

Oh wow that’s what he said in discord, i didn’t know he was mad Bc of taxes too lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

What

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Same

Real confused when I saw it

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Joey Freshwater posted:

Same

Real confused when I saw it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MzFhsQ_OD0

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I suspected they were trolling the Seahawks but that's a weird way to do it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I figured it was something along those lines but I don't remember Bettis doing poo poo in that game. 14 carries for 43 yards and no TDs looking up the stats. Long run of 12.

Also Jesus, Ben was just awful: 9/21, 123 yards 0 TD 2 INT.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I figured it was something along those lines but I don't remember Bettis doing poo poo in that game. 14 carries for 43 yards and no TDs looking up the stats. Long run of 12.

It was the shittiest superbowl of my lifetime as far as actual on-field production went.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Grittybeard posted:

It was terrible. The only legacy thing to come from that game was 12's whining about reffing until they got good again

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
That year Bettis had the best stat lines and was a fantasy god. He would have like 4 rush, -1 yards, 2 TDs stat lines.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Aren't amazing athletes usually bad coaches? The only exception i can think of is Sadaharu Oh.

Bird was a decent coach.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

swickles posted:

That year Bettis had the best stat lines and was a fantasy god. He would have like 4 rush, -1 yards, 2 TDs stat lines.

To be precise, Bettis's legendary fantasy game was 5 carries, 1 yard, 3 touchdowns.

They should have engraved that on his HOF bust

e: Like a lot of RBs, Bettis liked to dance around in the backfield playing pretend he was Barry Sanders. He could really truckstick people and he would have been a lot better if he'd used the Emmitt Smith/Terrell Davis style of pick your hole, make one cut and go straight forward as far as you can get. There were a lot of plays where Bettis danced around in the backfield and lost 2-3 yards when he could have gained 2 yards instead if he'd just lowered his head and plowed forward. That would have added up a lot over his long career.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 5, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

seiferguy posted:

Aren't amazing athletes usually bad coaches? The only exception i can think of is Sadaharu Oh.

Kidd isn't doing too bad in Milwaukee, also Steve Kerr.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

a patagonian cavy posted:

He's only managed to build up such gaudy stats through extreme longevity, and thus should not be in the hall of fame imo

I want someone to write an extremely long and detailed medium post that explains exactly why Brady shouldn't be in the hall of fame. please someone, i woudl do it but i can't really write well

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

iospace posted:

Kidd isn't doing too bad in Milwaukee, also Steve Kerr.
I don't know if I'd necessarily call Kerr an "amazing athlete" :v:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Eric the Mauve posted:

To be precise, Bettis's legendary fantasy game was 5 carries, 1 yard, 3 touchdowns.

They should have engraved that on his HOF bust

e: Like a lot of RBs, Bettis liked to dance around in the backfield playing pretend he was Barry Sanders. He could really truckstick people and he would have been a lot better if he'd used the Emmitt Smith/Terrell Davis style of pick your hole, make one cut and go straight forward as far as you can get. There were a lot of plays where Bettis danced around in the backfield and lost 2-3 yards when he could have gained 2 yards instead if he'd just lowered his head and plowed forward. That would have added up a lot over his long career.

I thought lowering dome and plowing forward was what he was known for though? Like, that's why he was called The Bus?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

I don't know if I'd necessarily call Kerr an "amazing athlete" :v:

He could sink dem 3’s

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I thought lowering dome and plowing forward was what he was known for though? Like, that's why he was called The Bus?

Yes because he would do hilarious and awesome things like flatten Brian Urlacher once or twice a game and they would be on all the highlights. The 5 times a game he tried to bounce a run outside, juked and spun and lost 2 yards were never on Sportscenter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I want someone to write an extremely long and detailed medium post that explains exactly why Brady shouldn't be in the hall of fame. please someone, i woudl do it but i can't really write well

The explanation is pretty easy, you'd also have to induct seven other guys at the same time

• Locked thread