Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Big Beef City posted:

Being a Packers fan and being critical of this team means you're literally kawalimus, however, so it's hard to talk about, because apparently you can't be good and discuss having problems.

Nobody thinks this because you can never approach that level. You guys played actual games before complaining about the defense after winning a Super Bowl for one instance out of 8 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

hey everyone meet my new best friend pat

/lots of gifs

He is like the polar opposite of Alex Smith as far as how he approaches the game.

This will get ugly at times. This will be ridiculous at times. This will be...very different.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

I like the Chiefs, so if they beat the Titans, I won't feel too salty.

Everything's turning up Probably Magic!

I'm worried about playing a team that actually wants to run the ball as much as possible, KC's run defense is utter poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

Still reminds me a lot of Kap, only younger and with Andy to learn from.

I don't really see a Kaep comparison. Mahomes seems like he sees the field a little better than Kaepernick did early on, although obviously he's got a long way to go and trusts his arm too much at times. Also Mahomes is quite obviously nowhere near the runner Colin was/is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, the only other insane training I've heard that matches Rice's is Kurt Angle's when he was training for the '96 Olympics.

Herschel Walker did (and still does apparently) some really insane poo poo.

It might have messed up his career since he wouldn't let himself heal after injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I figured it was something along those lines but I don't remember Bettis doing poo poo in that game. 14 carries for 43 yards and no TDs looking up the stats. Long run of 12.

Also Jesus, Ben was just awful: 9/21, 123 yards 0 TD 2 INT.

• Locked thread