Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad the Ravens lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Woooooooooooooooo!!!! Woooooo!!

gently caress you pees. gently caress you harbaugh

THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BO

For real get a decent D coordinator to replace Pees, get everyone healthy (lol) and get after it next year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Morninwheg is trash too. But we'll have to wait to play the redskins before we can hope to be rid of him.

yeah but they won't replace both coordinators in the same season...I don't think.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

seiferguy posted:

On one hand, I'm sad the Seahawks aren't in, but everything else went in a good way:

- Browns went 0-16
- Bills in, Ravens out
- GB isn't in (this was settled a couple weeks before but still)
- Dallas isn't in

I just really hope the AFC isn't a Patriots / Steelers finale.

I mean, you know what's going to happen here. Everyone in the AFC will just be a speedbump for the Pats. What happened to the Jags today? I was counting on them to at least give the Pats a game if they got that far.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Pees is officially gonna leave today. Thank the lord. Pees is the worst defensive coordinator we have ever seen on the Ravens, except maybe Mattison. His defenses are known for failing late in games. Its no coincidence that the one year we we went 4-0 against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, was the year with Pagano as DC. John Harbaugh probably wont get fired but he is the worst of the "big 3" coaches in this division, assuming Marvin Lewis decides to stay.

This team ought to be embarrassed by the product it fields. It is boring to watch and increasingly obsolete. Newsome needs an advisor for drafting at skill positions.

Wink Martindale!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah, I made the edit to clarify, though it wasn't a pristine pass or anything.

I don't care how many Ravens fans agree with your warped view of the world--the offense is what killed the Ravens this year. Over and over, almost across the board, with the exception of Collins. Bad line, bad receivers, poor QB play.

Pees can't close out games. It's been a constant his entire time here. Hell randomly googling, this was written in July of this year:

quote:

The Baltimore Ravens defense was solid last year. They ranked inside of the top 10 in points, rushing yards, passing yards, and total yards allowed. It was a major step above an injury ridden 2015 season. However, even with this solid performance, there was still one major problem. The defense blew leads at the end of games.

The Ravens blew 3 major leads last season. All which were in the 4th quarter. Week 4 against the Raiders, week 6 against the Giants and week 16 against the Steelers. If it weren’t for an Eagles missed 2-point conversion, it would have happened a 4th time.

If the Ravens win one of these games they would have made the playoffs. At 9-7 they would have owned the tiebreaker over the Dolphins for the #6 seed. But that wasn’t the case. The Ravens were forced to watch the playoffs from home.

Sound familiar?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Some message board guy whipped this up

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Inability to close down games is usually down to the offense having short drives and leaving the defense out there to get tired.

quote:

Mattison: 12 losses, 7 Blown fourth quarter leads (Two years)
Pees: 41 losses, 17 Blown fourth quarter leads (Five Years)
Every other DC from 2000 on: 71 losses, 13 Blown fourth quarter leads (10 years)

I added in last nights loss to his research. 24 losses in 53 games. That's nearly half our losses in a 7 year span (including Mattison).

To be fair I have no idea what the league average in blown 4th quarter leads is.

If you can show me that's league average or below league average I'll concede but until then I'm dying on this hill.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

There's more research to be done, and those aren't particularly compelling stats to me because:
- A "loss" stat for a DC is, at best, laughably worthless
- Not all fourth-quarter leads are equal. 21 points is a lot easier to hold than 1 point
- Does the blown 4th quarter lead stat account for saves?
- Blowing a 4th quarter lead requires having the lead in the first place, and so the stat may perversely make Kyle Boller's Ravens look better than they are
- It doesn't account for opponent strength. Holding a lead against the Steelers and Bengals has been more difficult over the past few years than it was in the pre-Brown/Green era

e: My point is also not that Pees is some amazing coordinator--I think he's OK--but moreso that the Ravens have such a massive problem on the offensive side of the ball that it's laughable to me to even begin to blame the defense. It'd be like Saints fans calling for Pete Carmichael's head after another bad season with Rob Ryan as DC

Yeah it doesn't account for turnovers by the offense in our own red zone either which is something I thought of when I posted it. The dirty secret is to look at that record under "all other defensive coordinators 2000 on" and guess why a bunch of people are mad at Pees :ssh: Also at least 2 of those losses are "win and in" games (last night, Steelers last year) which fuels the narrative.

I never thought he was terrible but I still think he schemes poorly at the end of games.

e: Guess I didn't die on that hill after all

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bet y'all thought there'd be less Ravens and Seahawks chat since they didn't make the playoffs :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm watching the Spurs on my television right now :tinfoil:

• Locked thread