Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm home from what was described as one of the top 3 coldest games tom brady has ever played. i sure did feel bad for the poor motherfuckers that showed up without any gloves. what the gently caress were ya thinkin, pal? and one hardo fuckin teenage kid took his shirt off just so his equally stupid buddy could film a snapchat video with his phone, prompting a security guy to come over and say "if you don't put that shirt on right god drat now, you are getting ejected"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
now that we're in a bit of a vacuum waiting for first round of the ole playoffs, here's some thoughts from a first time NFL attendee

1) I really wasn't all that shocked by the TV time outs. In fact, they actually went by QUICKER inside the stadium. There's always some wild fucker dancing around while the music plays and it's easy to sort of lose yourself in the crowd waiting for the game to get back on. Way better than having to sit through commercials, and honestly less intrusive than TV timeouts at similar sports (such as hockey). Unfortunately, it was really easy to get absorbed in people watching, which leads me to my next point...

2) It's surprisingly easy to miss a play. There were a couple times where I swear I looked down during what I thought was a pause in play to adjust my boots, only to look up and watch the very tail end of a play. Without the audio cues that you get in the TV broadcast like the quarterback actually hiking the ball, there's really no good way to tell what's going on unless you're looking at the field. I realize that the whole point of going to the game is looking at the field, yes. I just couldn't help but laugh when I realized I'd just missed a whole play because I got distracted by a teenage kid taking his shirt off in the sub-zero wind chill.

3) As long as you prepare appropriately, the cold really isn't that bad. If that was the second coldest game ever played in New England, I'd be loving fine and dandy at basically every other game. My toes were getting a little numb towards the end of the 4th, but that's about it.

and

4) There's nothing like experiencing your team score a safety, at home, in person. That poo poo was electric.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

OxySnake posted:

The worst part was setting my drink down for a minute and it had started to freeze.

dude next to me had a bud light where the liquid was actually freezing to the sides of the cup as he was drinking it. it was totally loving bizarre to watch happen

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think there is also nothing wrong with not following sports teams while they are actively trying to be not good. This isn't really a problem in the NFL, where actively tanking is pretty rare, but it's fine to ignore your favorite NBA/MLB team that is in some dreadful rebuild period.

agreed, also because when you have a season that's 82+ games in other sports, you can afford to miss more poo poo than in the NFL, where you get one game a week for 16 weeks and that's it, unless you make it to the postseason

• Locked thread