Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Oh boy I'm normally out of my element when critting stories, I might as well be in outerspace critting words + pictures. But let's give it a shot.

First off, having pictures is like sweet rear end CHEAT MODE for stories. Heck yeah , now you can use adverbs since you have the picture there. He looked around ,scared. BOOM you can display what scared looks like in the picture.

Reading through your second image you have a weird tense issue. Decide if you are past tense or present tense, you flip flop between the two making the piece hard to read. You need to rewirte the second sentence of your second image. Way too many commas, way too many tense issues. Your prose is good, Im getting a sense of loneliness and enduring something from this image. Also seems we are getting a segue into weirdtown.

Third image now. Again with the tense issues. Nothing came out of him, it should of come out of him because it's present tense. PICK YOUR TENSE. In fact I would go over this third image with an editor. Donkeysish insistence? Neither the elevator, neither the radior(Should be neither the elevator or the radio). The third image I dislike. You try for prose, you don't really succeed and the story gets wooo psychodelic/Silent hill. You seem to be going for some surreal thing here. Also did the elevator move? Im confused at the end of the third image.

Fourth Image. Ouch, we got some major ESL stuff that I pointed out to you in IRC. Lot of badly translated sentences. So I think you are going for wonder and exploration in this image. You pull it off, but we trip over a couple bad sentences. The one Im pointing out here make sense, but are odd enough to make me pause.

You threw, the rock flew upwards the light, devoured by it but not coming back. (could be rewritten to be more concise)

The short suspense left you hushed. (replace suspense with moment?)

There was a chink in the marble here so to speak, something was amiss here. (You repeat yourself, so choose one or the other and get rid of the other part).

Im gonna pause there, but man these images are GREAT. The images look really well and serve your atmosphere and tone. Im getting what you are laying down, creepy elevator leading to some weird light in some apocalyptic thing. Your story though, is riddled with some tense issues.

Overall Im getting a sense of loneliness, exploration and ascension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread