Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I need some additional motivation, so I'm in for Feb with 4k words. :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Not as productive a month as I would have hoped, but met my goal.

Total of 5,432 words.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Gonna jump back in with a :toxx: for 5K.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Knew I was forgetting something last night.

I'm at 7,976 total words

Two thunderdome entries totaling 2,349

And one short story for 5,627

:toxx: for another 5k in September

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I have no doubt that I will hit my 5k goal. The question is whether I will hit the extra 20k I'm closing in on.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
So, I hit the extra 20k words for the month. Yay! I'm still only going to go for 10k this month, though, because this is the first month I've hit more than 8k in years and I'm not sure it's not a fluke yet. :toxx:

Total words for last month: 25,527. Total words that are actually part of the manuscript: 3,464 (for my own reference when calculating this month's total).

I'm trying out something new with this novel, since the first one was a scattershot approach that left me realizing that I'd written the wrong main character, which is awesome after a draft and a half. Instead, I wrote out short stories/vignettes for each of the main characters at various points in their lives prior to the start of the story, to really get a sense of who they are and develop a voice for each. It's been fun, and now I'm going into drafting the manuscript with a strong idea for where things are going, how these people relate to each other, how they'd react to things, so on. Plus I'm starting work on a project I've had kicking around in my head for a yearish, so that's awesome, too.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I'm gonna make sure I remember to do this before my brains get et.

My goal of 10k might have been too unambitious.

A total of 30,706 words towards my novel, plus

another 285 towards a short story idea that I couldn't ignore.

Total for the month - 30,991. Which kinda makes me want to go write 9 more words.

Instead, I'm gonna :toxx: for 50k for next month since I'm doing my first NaNo, and my god have mercy on my fingers.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Started off the month with 34,170 words in my manuscript. One NaNoWriMo later:

Total of 52,189 words for the month. Now it's nap time.

Going to :toxx: for 10k next month, since I'm pretty sure I'm going to finish this draft and start up some short stories.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I totally didn't forget all about this with new years, nope.

Finished the manuscript, which gave me 9,665 words.

Also wrote 2,294 words in a new short story.

Total for the month: 11,959

:toxx: 5k words in January, because I always tend to hibernate this month.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
So, I completely forgot about this. And, for a moment, I was terrified I'd be short of even my very limited goal. I finished a short story that I started in December, but that was about 1k words. I've been outlining a second draft of my novel, since I'm putting in some pretty heavy structural changes (ripping out filler and adding in new POVs). I had no idea how many words I wrote.

Turns out, I was okay.

A net addition of 1,025 words on the short story.

6,220 words on the outline. Grand total of 7,245.

Going to :toxx: 4k for February. I'm a little over halfway on the outline, but I don't want to wind up short. Hoping to start revising the bits of the first draft I'm keeping and writing the new parts before the end of the month, but it's Feb and I suck at winter motivation.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Checking in:

On my outline from last month, growth of 4,330 words.

Additional 720 words of actual drafting, cause I suck in the winter. Total of 5,050 words.

:toxx:ing for another 4K in March, so I can make sure I stay motivated.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
So, I deleted everything I drafted and restarted, then got lazy over my kid's spring break, so I didn't get as much done as I could have, but I still hit my goal.

Another 4K :toxx: for April.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Well, this whole month felt kinda off. Saw this thread bumped and went, "Oh, poo poo." Then I checked my word count.

Using the selection count, since there's some prev. draft text copy pasted in for reference, I grew the manuscript by 12,574 words. So, I think I'm good on my goal. Going to :toxx: another 8k for May.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Oh, to be forgotten.

Still using selection wordcount since I still haven't hit the chapter with the copy/pasted reference material. Draft has grown 8,742 words since last month.

:toxx: for 10k in June, since I want to force myself to push a bit harder.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Oh, poo poo. Forgot about this. Will have pictures up asap. (Not home atm)

Edit:

6,646 new words on the novel, plus almost 5k in a short story.

:toxx: for 5k. Busy month ahead.

Guiness13 fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 2, 2019

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I somehow have managed to force myself to keep getting up and writing at 6 am despite being on vacation. Not getting as much done as I would have at home, but still hitting my Minimum-Acceptable wordcount goal for every day. So, yay for that, I guess.

Anyway, on to business.

I still have some copy-pasted text in the full manuscript, although the number of total words should have gone up by the same amount either way. Still, I'm including the selection word-count so I can be more accurate next month since I didn't bother at the end of June.

Total words: 7,626

:toxx: for August: another 5K

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Work on the novel stall stall stalled. I banged my head against the wall wall wall.

Shrot story.

Novel progress (selection number counts)

Total words on novel since last month: 3,809

Total words this month: 8447.

:toxx: 5k

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

5,046 words.

:toxx: 5k for October

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Squeaking in at 5,071 words for the month. Not sure what's been with me, lately. I need to get back into my routine.

Going to :toxx: for 6k this month. A bit of a drop of from last year, but I'm in the middle of rewriting what I wrote for NANO last year, so yeah. I'll be happy if I can get back into writing daily and push myself a bit further than I've been.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Going to be away from the computer most of the day. Should have my numbers up tomorrow.

edit: it's tomorrow now.

Total of 6,186 words.

This month, I really want to get cracking on my novel's rewrite, so I'm going to :toxx: another 6k, all on that. No more distractions.

Guiness13 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 2, 2019

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Uhhhhh, words are done, and were done before the new year, I just haven't had a chance to sit down and screenshot them yet. Will do tomorrow.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Aaaand by "tomorrow," I apparently mean, "a few days later."

6,129 words, all on The Great Novel Rewrite (That Is Consuming All).

:toxx: for 5K, also all on the novel, unless I finish the drat thing, although that's unlikely to happen in 5k words.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I knew I was going to forget about this thread eventually.

I don't have any pictures, or even a real strong guess, of where exactly my word count was at the end of January.

As of right now I'm at 70,611.

That's 6,698 more than where I was at the start of Jan. I couldn't say how much of those were written in January, though.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Yeah, put me down for 5k. :toxx:

Now, to add a calendar reminder...

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Getting this in now so I don't forget again.

Hit 77,713 this month. Gain of 7,102.

:toxx: for another 5k in April.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
New total wordcount is 86,768. Growth of 9,055. This thing's going to need some editing.

Gonna :toxx: another 5k for May.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

Just barely squeaked by this month.

5,019 total words. Just hit a huge stretch of not feeling able to write, then forced the last 3,500 or so in the last few days.

Only :toxx:ing for 4k this month.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Welp, plague writing continues to go....uh...less than great? Came up a little under 1,000 words short.

Posting this just for thread tracking purposes.

Hoping the offer of donations and probes instead of bans is open, since I already donated.

Going to :toxx: for another 4k for July.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
For reasons completely unrelated to me moving and struggling with anxiety/depression this month, are donations and probes still the order of the day for toxxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Donation is made. Will post a screen shot once I get to a computer.

Edit: Computered

Guiness13 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 1, 2020