Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
gently caress it. have to crawl out of this rut somehow. let's start with a softball that i'll surely beat and get to feel good about.

:toxx: 5k fiction words, any project, done by the end of the month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
like :kingsley:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Goal was 5K words

2400 words in Thunders Dome (one brawl, one entry; not gonna count the entry I submitted in the first week of the month because I can't remember if I'd toxxed by then).

3500 words on novel stuff. I have a whole other chapter I'm finishing up today, but I'm still working at it and I'm already over my goal.

Next month I will :toxx: for 7k, dunno if it's easier if I make another post about it at the start of the month

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

crusty posted:

What the heck is TD/Thunders Dome?

it's one of the 10000 stickied threads in this subforum, you probly saw it on your way to this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845416

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

apophenium posted:

Do words we write for writing exercises count?

sebmojo posted:

Up to you, it's a little weak i guess?

I think it depends on the exercise. I have a book of ones that could easily generate a 1000 word story, so NUTS TO YOU, mod.

I'm having a good month so far, looking forward to having this short story done so goons can tell me how poo it is

:itwaspoo:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I'll post my stuff sometime tomorrow (3/1 in the US) because I'm trying to finish a TD brawl that's due tomorrow night. Hoping sebmojo will be flexible since it was a short month ;)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
This month was messy but it happened

big-ish thing i've been drafting up:

4566 words

Two Thunderdome things for 1835

I'm gonna go ahead and count my first draft of one of those TD things toward my word count because uuuh this month sucked and i need to count every word I can get.

total: 7192 words.

I :toxx: for 5K words in march because everything is dumb

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

sebmojo posted:

how we all doing, fellas/fellarinas

I'm pretty sure I'm over my goal, i'll post my results this weekend. Finished a 9K (about 5K of those are new as of this month) word short story, did a brawl, and am working on a TD story for this week, to be submitted by sunday.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:toxx: 5k for april

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
hit 5K without really noticing it this month, which is good because I was swamped with moving house and such. Mostly I did thunderdome words but I've also been puttering away at a disgustingly self indulgent thing while procrastinating editing a short story.

1800 words:

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?week=296

1400 words:

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=6517&title=Apparitional+Experience

2700 words on selfindulgia

total: 5900 words give or take.

:toxx: for 5000 again next month and 1000 of those must be the next draft of my short story

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Oh, I did the thing, will post proof in a bit

:toxx: for another 5K for June

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
okay

about 4500 words on draft 2 of my short story

https://thunderdome.cc/?story=6578&title=Stewardsong

About 1000 words on a TD story

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand 14,000 words of crits, which has nothing to do with my writing goals but took up lots of my writing time :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DYwGUUHt83IU80AoDLhtBuJRT1GJMBvql7u0alohnOw/edit?usp=sharing

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i did the thing, will post proof in a bit when im free

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
1500 words in TD

https://thunderdome.cc/?story=6598&title=Messiah+and+the+Devout

rewrote an old story, no idea how much is still the same from the first draft but it's nearly twice as long now and I did a lot of editing (and need to do a lot more...). Gonna count that as 2k words.

working on draft 3 of another short story, got about 3200 words into that

all in all, well over 5K words

:toxx: for 5k in july

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
oh i am way over my for last month, let's go :toxx: 7k for this month

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
uuuh i dunno what i was at the start of the month but it was less than 10K because i hit 10K on august 2

now i'm at 21K

e: :toxx: for 10K in sept

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
over 10K and climbing!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

uuuh i dunno what i was at the start of the month but it was less than 10K because i hit 10K on august 2

now i'm at 21K

e: :toxx: for 10K in sept

and now I'm at 33K!

:toxx: for 10k in October

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

dreadmojo posted:

ms here, how you going

Fine thx how bout you

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

:unsynth:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

dreadmojo posted:

:toxx: 5000 word story to submit for publication

lmao

I'm trying for 50K this month but I think I will :toxx: for 30K

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
first NaNo accomplished! I now have a more or less complete first draft, which is sitting at a meager 80K words or so. Will be spending the next couple months researching and outlining, so I'll have to come up with appropriate toxx goals.

boom

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

dreadmojo posted:

, I'll have it done in an hour or so.

lol you put me all to shame, good work you ache-fingered lunatics

thx for the update, i'm on the edge of my seat waiting for those last 853 words

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

Is "New Zealand" English like normal English, but with all the nouns replaced with "kiwi"

"It is a kiwi universally acknowledged, that a kiwi in possession of a good kiwi, must be in want of a kiwi"

it's actually an extremely round-about form of english, the spellchecker checks for overly-direct phrasing

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:toxx: for January

A short story draft between 5K and 10K words, to target BCS

Create a detailed outline for novel draft two

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

:toxx: for January

A short story draft between 5K and 10K words, to target BCS

Create a detailed outline for novel draft two

hmmm so i got this far on my short story

and then my brain decided to only create output for an old novel project instead:

plus a couple TD entries and a brawl but idgaf about TD for the purposes of monthly goals.

So sheriff it's up to you whether the hammer comes down or not.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:toxx: that i'll write at least 10K by the end of the month

not going to specify on what but i HOPE it's all on my dreamboats novel. Fingers crossed.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i'm cruising past 27K (I was at like 9 or 12K or something when i toxxed) so doing good. I'll post the screengrab with my final total on the 28th, since I think i got a lot more words in me!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Previous novel word count:

Current novel word count:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm I think I shall :toxx: to hit 45K on this novel by the end of March, but I'm secretly hoping to hit 50K (2scared2toxx for that though)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

hmmm I think I shall :toxx: to hit 45K on this novel by the end of March, but I'm secretly hoping to hit 50K (2scared2toxx for that though)

dnf

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:toxx: that i'll write at least three flash fic pieces before the end of the month, no length requirement

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

:toxx: that i'll write at least three flash fic pieces before the end of the month, no length requirement

I did three thunderdomes this month (I can track down links if i absolutely have to), which technically puts me at my goal, but more excitingly, I started a project that's going to consist of a bunch of interconnected vignettes surrounding an inexplicable phenomenon in an ordinary town.

This will be a "living" document that I update with my monthly progress. For future reference, at the time of posting, this doc is 3885 words long.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

And finally, I decided to take a crack at writing a short erotica this month! You'll have to take my word for it that there are words here, as well as a beginning, middle, and erm ending. It was an interesting challenge to be sure.

:toxx: that in August I will add at least 5K to the project. Additionally, I will write at least two flash fiction stories.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

Just quoting to say this is extremely my poo poo and I'm very excited to see where you go with it

Thank you, that is really encouraging :unsmith: I appreciate that you took the time to take a look

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
some stuff came up so either gimme til tomorrow night or ban me idgaf

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

This will be a "living" document that I update with my monthly progress. For future reference, at the time of posting, this doc is 3885 words long.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

:toxx: that in August I will add at least 5K to the project. Additionally, I will write at least two flash fiction stories.

I wrote a couple thunderdomes.

Also, the above link is now updated with my current wordcount, which is 8889.

I barely did 5K words this month so clearly i need to flex harder. :toxx: for 10K more words in the month of september.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
stuff got me behind, i'll post tomorrow night

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

I wrote a couple thunderdomes.

Also, the above link is now updated with my current wordcount, which is 8889.

I barely did 5K words this month so clearly i need to flex harder. :toxx: for 10K more words in the month of september.

I opened this doc every goddamned day this month and spent the better part of my days off working on it. My wordcount for that project currently sits at 16079. Additionally, I wrote a Thunderdome brawl this month, which had a word count of 1015 or so words. You have have noticed that totals out to 17094 words, which is fewer than the 18889 words I need to be at to fulfill my toxx.

I'm gonna write those last words tomorrow whether im banned or not. I guess if i'm not banned i'll update my links, and if I am banned i will at some point unban and toxx for more words like a dumb idiot. I'm just too tired to poo poo out a bunch of useless, un-editable trash words for no reason except to avoid a toxx.

long project link:

brawl link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18s4U_upOdcvdGEoOA7tWsdDAS5z0Q_LN_E_14w3j_t8/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Okay, new count in that doc is presently 17926 words, which puts me slightly over my goal.

:toxx: for 7K words in October.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 3, 2019

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i will be screaming in at the last conceivable minute with my wordcount, as is my SOP

remember writers, normies don't give a gently caress about your process or output and are offended by the very concept of a "focused writer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

EDIT: Okay, new count in that doc is presently 17926 words, which puts me slightly over my goal.

:toxx: for 7K words in October.

The above link is updated. The dock is now 22051 words long, which is an increase of 4125 words.

I did a TD story at about 1300 words for Voidmart week.

The rest of my words are on a personal project that I'm not going to link here.

:toxx: for 7K words in November