Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

I never said I was a role model.

I can't pledge words because the novel is done, but I need accountability help with editing. This thing is 42 chapters long, and I need to edit at least five chapters by the end of May. :toxx:

Current wordcount for proof I guess:

These are the five chapters I need to revise. The dots beside them need to switch from yellow (in-progress) or blue (not started) to purple (revision complete/review needed):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

Beezus posted:

I can't pledge words because the novel is done, but I need accountability help with editing. This thing is 42 chapters long, and I need to edit at least five chapters by the end of May. :toxx:

Current wordcount for proof I guess:

These are the five chapters I need to revise. The dots beside them need to switch from yellow (in-progress) or blue (not started) to purple (revision complete/review needed):

Did it, and there's still some May left. New stats post-edits:

The blue chapters are now purple, which is significant according to my weird tracking system:

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

I'm going all in.

:toxx: Finish revising the rest of my novel by June 30. These are the chapters in progress and chapters I have left to edit. All of these dots need to be purple by the end of the month.

Word count for no reason. Ideally, the number of words should go down, but that's clearly not happening.

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

Beezus posted:

I'm going all in.

:toxx: Finish revising the rest of my novel by June 30. These are the chapters in progress and chapters I have left to edit. All of these dots need to be purple by the end of the month.

Word count for no reason. Ideally, the number of words should go down, but that's clearly not happening.

Did this and moved onto polishing prose. There was no way I was going to finish a polish pass along with revisions this month, so did not count that toward my goal. But polished chapters are green, while revised are purple. Here's a random page with markup or whatever, chapter tracking on the left.

Beezus fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 27, 2023