Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

galenanorth posted:

If this argument made any sense at all, it would apply to living organisms, which also have many instances per species, therefore plant and animal life must not exist, and if being able to confuse the person you're debating counts as "winning", I'll say that creationism is like Pokemon and how could Noah have caught them all in seven days

I only ever saw it in this thread, but it was a strip with continuity. I always wondered if there was more after that, or if it was just a one off.

I probably can guess the answer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

itskage posted:

I only ever saw it in this thread, but it was a strip with continuity. I always wondered if there was more after that, or if it was just a one off.

I probably can guess the answer though.

The "main strip" was about videogames and used to get posted in YCS.

Sure there was a spinoff by the author that had that "ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET 9/11" strip too that I can only find an edit of in decent quality (obviously last two panels are not from the original)

and it inspired this classic

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I think Branco should have a headliner profile because he's easily as or more hateful than Lester and noteworthy for how undisguised his attempts to make people he dislikes look evil are.

And Garrison should also have a profile for being a complete maniac who loves nazis and Daddy Trump.

Also there's a bunch of grammatical errors in the second post and I really want to fix them.
If I add every request I will end up with the old index which is what I wanted to avoid. i have done a quick sweep of the second post for errors; and awkward phrasing, and it looks allright. I'm sure theirs problems with splicing and other crimes against comas but it doesn't effect readability so whom cares.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 1, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Garrison is probably the most egregious omission from the list; as sad as it is, he's probably the most-read political cartoonist out there

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Welp. RIP my profiles, I guess.

What a shame.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 1, 2018

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

World Famous W posted:

At least we ain't all dead

Yet

My friend lost his battle with leukemia today. :smith:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ratbert90 posted:

My friend lost his battle with leukemia today. :smith:

I know it won't really help much, but condolences. Go find stuff to distract yourself, or sleep if you can, that helps a bit. :smith:

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Happy New Year, ya weirdos.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Welp. There go my profiles, I guess.

What a shame.
I meant to add them to the links section. Will fix it later.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

After nearly two years of Garrison's hard-bodied Trump, I can now really appreciate the oiled, chiseled physique of Smartephant.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MissEchelon posted:

I've never seen this, thank you.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I've never seen this, thank you.

Man, those were some golden years in the thread. Electronic Tigers/RLC, Lefty Loonz, Diversity Lane, Brett "Spanky" Noel...

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
new years resolution: try hard to not get viscerally ill at Brit Toons

everything is toilet poop or a butthole cat or a melting face or a sex thing

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maybe we can keep a running tally of StantisAllie's hand-wringing vs. actual cartooning.

We should set up a betting pool on how many comics Stantallie shits out that actually mention any specific issue/policy. My best guess would be like five tops.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
In mental self defense I checked out of the entire 2017 cartoon thread, but that OP has sufficiently warmed my heart that I think I'm ready to return. Bumping with the video I made way back in the day in memoriam of a great cartoonist gone by.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Soho Joe posted:

new years resolution: try hard to not get viscerally ill at Brit Toons

everything is toilet poop or a butthole cat or a melting face or a sex thing

We prefer accuracy in our cartoons.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Karl Rove posted:

In mental self defense I checked out of the entire 2017 cartoon thread, but that OP has sufficiently warmed my heart that I think I'm ready to return. Bumping with the video I made way back in the day in memoriam of a great cartoonist gone by.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.wikihow.com/Analyze-Political-Cartoons

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Zelda continues to own

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Those loving drunk-as-poo poo faces in the last panel, I love this comic

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Post poste posted:

One of the first google image search results, fwiw.

I just love how cartoonist like him, rob smith and Assay have so hosed up opinions that when you first see them, you think they are satirical. We are supposed to think to think the one who makes card games analogies to be the sensible one while the others who are flabbergasted by a lunatic are the ones being owned. Its like his other one with Obama being shot on inauguration, you look at it and think it's the character's fear, but then someone explains, no, it's what he wants.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Zelda always has great reaction shots.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Rincewinds posted:

I just love how cartoonist like him, rob smith and Assay have so hosed up opinions that when you first see them, you think they are satirical. We are supposed to think to think the one who makes card games analogies to be the sensible one while the others who are flabbergasted by a lunatic are the ones being owned. Its like his other one with Obama being shot on inauguration, you look at it and think it's the character's fear, but then someone explains, no, it's what he wants.

gently caress I forgot about that one lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I, erm, find it extremely notable how the author made that the black character's opinion.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
How the gently caress did that guy not get a visit from the secret service over that one

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trazz posted:

How the gently caress did that guy not get a visit from the secret service over that one

Because the only ones that are even aware that the comic exists are goons?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That's just kinda a weird comic because something about the art style and jokes makes me feel like it was made in the early 2000's but here we are with Obama being President.

Yea I don't get why it just screams early 00's like at the time Penny Arcade or Buckley.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Ularg posted:

That's just kinda a weird comic because something about the art style and jokes makes me feel like it was made in the early 2000's but here we are with Obama being President.

Yea I don't get why it just screams early 00's like at the time Penny Arcade or Buckley.

Probably the extensive use of cut, copy and paste?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
his style kind of makes me think of those comics that were in Electronic Gaming Monthly when I was a kid. Wish I had better google fu to pull up an example.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The best part of Electronic Tigers was how hard he tried to scam his readers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MissEchelon posted:

The "main strip" was about videogames and used to get posted in YCS.

Sure there was a spinoff by the author that had that "ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET 9/11" strip too that I can only find an edit of in decent quality (obviously last two panels are not from the original)

The one made after the 2012 election was pretty funny too, but that one is harder for me to find.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The best part of Electronic Tigers was how hard he tried to scam his readers.

1: What the gently caress is with that racist caricature
2: Why did he just photoshop in a water bottle instead of just... you know, drawing it? (And why is it in color in a B&W comic?)
3: That tshirt pun makes me groan
4: Why can I see her abs through the tshirt?
5: How old is this one? Cause wowza casual homophobic slur as part of a joke

Did we ever have a mock thread similar to the B^U and Mookie threads?

Ularg fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 1, 2018

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

1: What the gently caress is with that racist caricature
2: Why did he just photoshop in a water bottle instead of just... you know, drawing it? (And why is it in color in a B&W comic?
3: That tshirt pun makes me groan
4: Why can I see her abs through the tshirt?
5: How old is this one? Cause wowza casual homophobic slur as part of a joke

Did we ever have a mock thread similar to the B^U and Mookie threads?

1. He is iirc asian himself, and used that as a deflection ("see, i'm drawing myself as a racist stereotype!") when anyone called him out on his massive racism and homophobia.
2. Because he was shilling for the magic water and a product you try to sell has to be recognizable.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Happy new year Thread! Was a bit silent last year due to new baby but hopefully can do some more this year.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I used to think of Zelda as lefty DbD but I've slowly come to accept it. May 2018 bring more goodness to the thread.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Okay and still no posting Day By Day, fine, but I love the keywords that come up when googling for it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

I used to think of Zelda as lefty DbD but I've slowly come to accept it. May 2018 bring more goodness to the thread.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Here thread, have one good cartoon to hold you over for the year.

https://twitter.com/IranWireEnglish/status/947824762126045184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Need more chopped vegetables.