Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

This is AGC and I hope the social commentary on it helps you to appreciate the types of messages Zelda tries to convey politically, young reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Erenthal posted:

Okay and still no posting Day By Day, fine, but I love the keywords that come up when googling for it.

I had to google that comic. What's especially wrong with that comic besides 90% of them involving naked women for no story related reason?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

what

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Hello! If you think this thread is too fast-moving, or want to limit your exposure to terrible American cartoonists, then come to the British Political Cartoon thread! Slower! Fewer cartoons! Bonus cartoons about British football and Australian A-League (football)!

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May's year ahead – The prime minister has lost her majority and rebellion is simmering in her party. Will she survive another 12 months?"

Telegraph:

More protesters die in Iran as Rouhani's plea fails to dampen unrest

Independent:

Times:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Katt posted:

I had to google that comic. What's especially wrong with that comic besides 90% of them involving naked women for no story related reason?

Mostly the naked women took the place of actual political commentary. I think the final straw though was a page where the main character raped one of the women to punish her for being liberal, or something like that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The best part of Electronic Tigers was how hard he tried to scam his readers.

...Why do I have memory space devoted to the "hater" person. In that I remember they were somebody with the name 'Trucker Tom', and the fact that that bottom left panel is just racist caricature dude's original caricature of said commenter. But just reversed? Hence 'MOTR' being on the cap, and backwards?

Why do you do this to me Politigoons.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CampingCarl posted:

Dees seemed to have stopped making new stuff roughly halfway through last year but his site has changed so the Illuminati didn't get him. Maybe the whiplash from "Trump will save America" to "Trump is a zionist agent" got to him. I think this is the only new art from him since then.

Scrolling the new thread with the Fiance and she had a solid expression of "wtf" when this came up and I lingered over it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

CampingCarl posted:

Dees seemed to have stopped making new stuff roughly halfway through last year but his site has changed so the Illuminati didn't get him. Maybe the whiplash from "Trump will save America" to "Trump is a zionist agent" got to him. I think this is the only new art from him since then.

"Ah poo poo, how did this get here? This isn't even a card in any deck, there's no way I'm winning this hand"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GoutPatrol posted:

Need more chopped vegetables.

I honestly never got why people compared DbD to Zelda. The only similarities I can think of is that they're both political and features nudity (although a lot of the nudity in Zelda is intentionally unsexy).

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Katt posted:

It's a mix of that, the terrible conservative opinions, racism that the author justifies by having a black conservative main character agreeing with him, and the gobbledygook writing style where ever single line of dialogue is some attempt at a witty bon mot. Like for real it's the worst dialogue I have ever seen in anything ever.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Erenthal posted:

Man, those were some golden years in the thread. Electronic Tigers/RLC, Lefty Loonz, Diversity Lane, Brett "Spanky" Noel...

Man, diversity lane was fuuuuucked up. Miss that one.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Whatever happened to Hope & Change guy anyway?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Alhazred posted:

I honestly never got why people compared DbD to Zelda. The only similarities I can think of is that they're both political and features nudity (although a lot of the nudity in Zelda is intentionally unsexy).

I think it boils down to goons having a Tvtropes level of media analysis. They're both newspaper style slice-of-life comics with a lot of nudity, sex, and characters talking politics. Same thing, right?

Never mind that the characters in Zelda talk like human beings, have motivations (sometimes more than one!), have meaningful flaws, and generally interact with a world that resembles our own rather than an adolescent male power fantasy.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Tenebrais posted:

Mostly the naked women took the place of actual political commentary. I think the final straw though was a page where the main character raped one of the women to punish her for being liberal, or something like that.

MY ROOSEVELTS

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

MelvinBison posted:

Whatever happened to Hope & Change guy anyway?

Stopped posting. Most likely blew his load over his stock photo gal he sticks in comics and died

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

MY ROOSEVELTS

Not even the glorious edits from that comic stream can save dbds presence in the thread

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The best part of Electronic Tigers was how hard he tried to scam his readers.

The only other one I remember is when he called out Something Awful by name.

Spiffster posted:

Happy new year Thread! Was a bit silent last year due to new baby but hopefully can do some more this year.

This is a great post/avatar combo.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
We are stuck in the house due to weather and I’m still a bit tired. This is the soundtrack of my mind right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPa5AC1a8Ns

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

Ramirez is, depressingly, the face of American political cartooning. Part of this is because his career has effectively been astroturfed by Fox News and other right wing outlets, who invite him on to tell him how genius his scrawlings are. The other part is how hilariously bad he is at his job: he cannot draw to the point where even people he likes look like flesh monsters. He also is terrible at visual metaphor, using crosshatching excessively as a crutch. He has a fondness for DEBT cartoons, and largely parrots the establishment Republican talking points. Ramirez is particularly known for his god-awful caricatures, turning people both friend and foe into grotesque horrors better suited for some cheap Lovecraft knockoff comic. His Obama was so bad it was given the nickname "Wormbama" since he turned Obama's head in a weird tube. Somehow he has won the Pulitzer Prize twice, rendering the award meaningless for all winners both past, present, and future.

Does anyone have the copypasta somebody in one of the past threads did about Ramirez having Lovecraftian dreams about a universe that was created... without enough. A universe... owing. (It was a joke about his obsession with debt.)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HootTheOwl posted:

Scrolling the new thread with the Fiance and she had a solid expression of "wtf" when this came up and I lingered over it.

I don’t even know what point it’s trying to make since there’s pretty liberal gun laws already in all the states where those shootings took place except maybe Sandy Hook.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I miss Animal Nuz. We need leftish cheerleaders now more than ever :(

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DiggityDoink posted:

I used to think of Zelda as lefty DbD but I've slowly come to accept it. May 2018 bring more goodness to the thread.

It was always closer to lefty LICD than lefty DbD

I too like the most-recently-posted one though :tipshat:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Last I heard, Electronic Tigers/RLC got a job with Marvel, but got fired when they found out how much of a homophobic racist he was.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jurgan posted:

The only other one I remember is when he called out Something Awful by name.

This is a great post/avatar combo.

He also had the dumb "evolution is disproven by Yu-Gi-oh cards comic.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
New thread does call for honoring old heroes from threads gone by.

In memoriam, duke Neo Sanders.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

loquacius posted:

I just googled this out of curiosity and..it's really not.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ratbert90 posted:

He also had the dumb "evolution is disproven by Yu-Gi-oh cards comic.

The fossil record is like posts in this thread. There's a finite number of variations and the more you get the more duplicates you end up with.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not So Fast posted:

Last I heard, Electronic Tigers/RLC got a job with Marvel, but got fired when they found out how much of a homophobic racist he was.

IIRC that all happened before he started making webcomics. He claimed he was being "pinkballed" from the industry or something stupid like that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

loquacius posted:

I too like the most-recently-posted one though :tipshat:

Nnnot really, considering how super-hypocritical Sohmer got for pretending to be a champion for women when one of his very first storylines was Rayne getting off a statutory rape charge because the judge was a slut-shamer.

Plus DeSouza seems physically incapable of drawing them in any perspective other than 3/4ths.

...Plus there was that storyline where Rayne has a vision of the future where it’s at least heavily implied (if not outright stated, I can’t remember) that he finally had a lasting intimate relationship... with his niece.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

Nnnot really, considering how super-hypocritical Sohmer got for pretending to be a champion for women when one of his very first storylines was Rayne getting off a statutory rape charge because the judge was a slut-shamer.

Plus DeSouza seems physically incapable of drawing them in any perspective other than 3/4ths.

...Plus there was that storyline where Rayne has a vision of the future where it’s at least heavily implied (if not outright stated, I can’t remember) that he finally had a lasting intimate relationship... with his niece.

Sohmer is awful, but also aggressively boring 90% of the time. He's even seldom posted even in the Bad Webcomics thread, due to that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Erenthal posted:

Sohmer is awful, but also aggressively boring 90% of the time. He's even seldom posted even in the Bad Webcomics thread, due to that.

I should know, considering I used to post LFG in the last incarnation of the thread... before giving it up for the same reason.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm pretty sure I've read every version of this thread since it started. God help me.

Here's to another year. :getin:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh and I guess Yogi Love is also still around.

And an old classic just to really remind you what a fine human being Love is.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm pretty sure I've read every version of this thread since it started. God help me.

Here's to another year. :getin:

Are you still all Non, je ne regrette rien about it?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
At what point does the new year baby need to be protected from Roy Moore.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Multicultiism?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ague Proof posted:

At what point does the new year baby need to be protected from Roy Moore.

Assuming that halfway through the year would be middle age, I would assume sometime during the Spring, though they'd age out of Moore's range by Summer.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Also, seemingly out of nowhere, an abortion joke.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Regalingualius posted:

Super happy that I don't know what any of this means.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Erenthal posted:

Oh and I guess Yogi Love is also still around.

Good to see that Yogi Love still full-throatedly supports fascism. Need that Strong Daddy In Charge!

davebo posted:

Multicultiism?

also good to see that I still lol at "Hey my man OBL has a pretty good point"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

That poor military. How is it supposed to do anything if we're only going to give it pocket change? Look at that, they had to buy their warplanes second-hand! And even then that mean ol' government wanted to take what little they had for something as frivolous as healthcare for American citizens!