Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Squirrel Girl knows her art history puns.
https://twitter.com/unbeatablesg/status/948279023150489602
(If you don't follow Squirrel Girl on twitter, most of her posts are people tweeting photos of squirrels and asking their name, but it's usually just cell phone photos).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Covok posted:

This always breaks my brain. Like, does Jeff Loeb think liberals are okay with incest? Is Jeff Loeb pro-incest? Why the gently caress did the editor approve this?

WHY THE gently caress IS INCEST BEING LAUDED AS A MODERN VALUE!?

DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

*shutting down*
Just let it go.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

The New Fantastic Four Terrifics are gonna by Slutty Dorothy Gale, Miracleman, Captain Britain, and Jesse Custer. That'll totally own both DC AND Alan Moore.

What does Alan Moore have to do with Jesse Custer?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

We must take all accusations seriously!

Unless we like the guy, then we do the thing we make fun of conservatives for.

Previous accusations had actual names attached to them and were reported in papers with a modicum of journalistic standards. The Daily Mail has been successfully sued by celebrities for printing false stories many, many times.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

They have but you can't do the "take all accusations seriously " and do this poo poo.

You just can't.

I don't recall ever saying that either. If a news source that doesn't have a known reputation for publishing unverified rumours that were later shown to be false reports on Stan Lee, then I'll take it seriously and feel a bit sad about another person I admire turning out to be a poo poo heel. If, say, Breitbart had been the only place to cover the accusations against Al Franken and only used anonymous sources I wouldn't have believed those either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/unbeatablesg/status/951049472829808640

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/951148805289897984

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

So, in conclusion: Don't read manga. Got it.

I like the ones with mirrored art so I can read them left to right.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They also usually have the text left to right, but that's actually way loving easier for me to follow. It's not a criticism of Manga, it's just that I personally have an easier time with sequential art that doesn't go against every other bit of reading of done in more than 3 decades.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Always interested in a John Cameron Mitchell movie.
If you don't know him, watch a movie called Shortbus without looking up anything about it :)

Don't do this at work though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

I think there's lots of people with feelings about 9/11 that aren't alt-right.

I'd be laughing at it because of that goddawful art.

Yeah, I'm not one to usually bitch about how comics draw women, but jesus christ, don't do that on a book about 9/11.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/alexisthenedd/status/956651864698818560

I'd watch it, if only to infuriate all the people bitching about a black woman playing Batman.

Seriously though, if The Santa Clause had starred Oprah instead of Tim Allen there would have been protests, though there's nothing in that film that precludes it happening to Oprah, it's just a coincidence that it happened to a white dude.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

Were the Monkees comics ever collected since they came out in the 60s? I'm sure they aren't great, but my wife loves the Monkees and comics and it seems like she'd enjoy reading them.

No idea, but I want to use this opportunity to mention that the Monkees movie was titled Head simply because if they ever made a sequel they could print "From the People Who Gave You Head" on the posters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/noesunverbo/status/957823181619900417

I'm with Zdarsky on this one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Elephants never forget.

That's why they drink.

(Elephants will intentionally eat spoiled fruit that has partially converted to alcohol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Not really true. The amount that it would take for one elephant to get drunk would be a huger amount than is available. Baboons on the other hand get hosed up on rotten marula berries like no-ones business.

Stop ruining my fun facts with actual facts.

• Locked thread