Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
To the person who said gently caress northern comics I'll have you know that we have Lemire and Byrne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Actually now might be a good time to ask (or bad I guess depending on spoilers) but I recently reread my Gotham Central trades and I finished reading the Dead Robin arc and it seemed like there was either a page missing or some panels because the reveal seemed to come out of nowhere. Did anyone else feel this way, or notice it?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Major Eff Alan Moore DC spoiler dropped.

ABC characters will appear in DC books

I thought we knew this with the first arc of the Terrifics.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Did we?

Promethea is joining the JLoA

I think the first arc of Terrifics deals with the search for Tom Strong.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Wasn't ABC published under Wildstorm? Curious how publishing rights work with that because I thought the whole point of ABC was that it was owned by Moore, and Wildstorm was independent before DC bought them out with Lee.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

good day for a bris posted:

I want them to put Smax in Red Hood and the Outlaws, feature his wife/twin sister and absolutely no retcons. They can frame it like Janet yelling at Cap for not being down with incest, like they did back in Ultimates 3.

edit: Found it! This but with Jason and Artemis

First he didn't get twitter and Nascar, and now he doesn't get incest. Get with the times, Steve.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

This always breaks my brain. Like, does Jeff Loeb think liberals are okay with incest? Is Jeff Loeb pro-incest? Why the gently caress did the editor approve this?

WHY THE gently caress IS INCEST BEING LAUDED AS A MODERN VALUE!?

DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

*shutting down*

Well you see, when a brother car loves a sister car....

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow was his best DC work that wasn't Watchmen.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea I am going to need a better source than Nancy Grace on this one.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer posted:

They have but you can't do the "take all accusations seriously " and do this poo poo.

You just can't.

Recently a bunch of alt-right shitheads tried to bring out accusations of sexual abuser against Schumar that were disproven immediately. Yes accusations should be treated seriously but they should also pass a smell test. That's why I would wait for a more reputable news source to break the story over a source that constantly lies about stuff.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

site posted:

I bet you're fun at parties

Britney makes for great karaoke songs. So yes, I am fun at parties.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Who here wants some "Divorce Anystyle"

In the first panel Dolton looks interested at least.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

Al Hartley became a born-again Christian in the late 60s, when he was drawing nudie comics for Martin Goodman. He wrote and drew a lot of Archie comics without any overtly Christian themes in the 70s and had a good enough relationship with them that he was permitted to use the characters in some Christian comics he wrote and drew for Spire later in the decade.

From nudie comics to full blown Christian propaganda runs a large spectrum. The fact that he used Archie style characters for both is hilarious.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I like reading books about comics books. I have read about the secret history of marvel, about 10-cent plagues, and the journey of wonderboys and such. Now I have come across Slugfest Inside the epic 50 year battle of between DC and Marvel and I am wondering if it is worth the read. Has anyone else read this one?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am down to about 10 titles a month. Sadly some of those titles are bi-weekly so I am still spending the same amount of money.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

I'm aware that it's still quite a bit, but I think it's way more manageable now compared to what I was doing before.

Just tell us if you need an intervention* buddy.

*I know this isn't how interventions work

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
May I introduce you into the world of.....CRAFT BEER!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I just ate all you can eat sushi

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

Did you eat all you could?

And more!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I read the Ellis Moon Knight series recently and that had some great one and done stories. Recommend checking that out

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I picked up the Flintstone trades from the library and man I got to say that the comics are filled with a lot of heart and biting satire. Really worth the read (plus they make me sad that Prez never got another trade).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Now I know why Doom cried.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I'm not one to usually bitch about how comics draw women, but jesus christ, don't do that on a book about 9/11.

You know, there have been tasteful comics told about 9/11 but I am getting a feeling that this one won't be one of them.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ArfJason posted:

Hello, i just read what i think is my first comic book, watchmen. It seemed good to me.

Now let me tell you why it is the worst thing ever.....

In all honesty there are plenty of great comics out there for people who don't usually read comics and if you ever want any recommendations just ask this forum!

Also congratulations on your first foray into geekdom

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's pronounced gay-min so whatever. Also read Daytripper. And Onslaught Reborn

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
From my understanding of Marvel early days, everyone did everything and credit was thrown around so it is hard to say who gets more credit or not.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

That's why they drink.

(Elephants will intentionally eat spoiled fruit that has partially converted to alcohol)

Not really true. The amount that it would take for one elephant to get drunk would be a huger amount than is available. Baboons on the other hand get hosed up on rotten marula berries like no-ones business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

Stop ruining my fun facts with actual facts.

But you can tell people about how baboons get drunk and fall out of trees. Hell there are probably YouTube videos of such things to share and laugh at.

• Locked thread