Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I never really got into Gotham Central, I read it until Half-Life because I thought it was going to be another Two-Face story(Which I can't even remember right now) and then dropped it. I guess I was still pretty new to comics at the time, I probably should give it another go one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Are you thinking about pictures for sad children's John Campbell or is that a recurring thing with webcomic artists

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Escobarbarian posted:

Jack Kirby at least never got old enough to make a YouTube video about how pole dancing should be an Olympic event

Which is too bad, because it should be.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Never been angrier at my local comics publisher for being in goddamn 2018 and not having published Tom King's Vision here yet. I've been dodging spoilers for almost three years, this is loving bullshit.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Blood doesn't mess you up and, in fact, I have it in good authority that you need it to live

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Put out a cigarette on your wrist every time you buy a comic, I heard that helps you quit.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

quote:

There was also a new take on Shang Chi. Here is McDuffie’s hook for that series:

There are fifteen of them and they attack as one but Shang Chi has faced more and better men countless times before. Each uses a different style, but Shang Chi responds in kind, meeting each assailant on his own ground. Fist for fist; weapon for weapon. In less than a minute, fourteen men have fallen, buying the fifteenth enough time to draw a Czech M52 – a sleek 7.62mm automatic pistol with a muzzle velocity of 1600 feet per second.

Shang Chi is faster. Before the deadly 7.62mm slug grazes him, he has drawn his own Makarov and put four neat holes into his opponent.

The Master of Kung Fu has changed his ways…

Pfffft, this is loving fantastic, I can't believe we got robbed of this alternative reality.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I just hear about comics years after they've been published and canceled.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The only comic that I had genuine issues with was Chris Ware's Jimmy Corrigan but confusing layouts are pretty much Ware's thing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I think "issues" might've been me overstating it, but it's paneled in such a way that you want to read it out of order, it's hard to explain.

I should re-read that someday, it's been quite a while.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm not gonna buy it immediatelly, but just in case it appears in a good Amazon sale: How's Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther for someone who never* read about the character?

*Technically, because I did read Hickman's New Avengers where he's a member but that was a bit confusing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ArfJason posted:

Hello, i just read what i think is my first comic book, watchmen. It seemed good to me.

You're infected now, I'm sorry.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Sandman and Shade The Changing Man are interesting picks for some craziness.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
"writing the words" is creating the world, plot, setting, and all that :confused:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
If you're going to kill some elephants might as well make some dough of it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
They used a crane.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
And they never forgive.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Gotta get'em before it's too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is that series any good?

I've read half of it or so, it's great but it's the kind of series you gotta binge. Lots of characters and plot points.

• Locked thread