Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy new year goons! It's 2018 and poo poo can't be worse right? Let's find out and chat about stupid bullshit in the meantime!

Also go submit to the 2018 BSS Sheep Game! You could win a forums upgrade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

To the person who said gently caress northern comics I'll have you know that we have Lemire and Byrne.
You're not helping your case.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Why doesnt byrne like Iggy Azalea?

He doesn't. He just think she looks like a hooker. And you can't make me believe John Byrne hasn't used the services of hookers in his lifetime.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Dark Horse fuckin' sucks. They just stopped releasing new volumes of Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, they let Battle Angle Alita stay out of print for a decade until the movie was announced, and they stopped releasing Blood Blockade Battlefront until the anime came out and was a hit.

I'm sure whatever pirate site you post your scans from has it all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Senior Woodchuck posted:

^^^^^^Also this.

When he said that, I was like, "Well, now we know his fetish."
That may be another, but his main one clearly involves choking women.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

UCF are the Real National Champions, anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

So my favorite comics podcast has a list where they infomally rank every single comic story ever, and I've been making my way trying to read through all of at least the top 100 comics on the list in some order. Right now I'm finally gonna read Nextwave and Gotham Central in their entireties, alongside The Devil in Cell Block D Daredevil arc.

I mostly mention this because that list is actually a pretty fun way to informally figure out what new comics to read, especially considering the first 450 entries are all, you know, Actually Good Comics.

To be fair, it's more "top comics to the tastes of Chris Sims and Matt D. Wilson" but that is fairly close to my tastes, too, so that works out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The really bad part is that it's clear what things were placed fairly early on, because I can't imagine even they would put an issue of GI in the top 25 today.

Also I sent a list two years ago and it still hasn't been read because of the linesteppers (though one: World's Funnest, got ranked). I should really support their Patreon until they read it.

Also, not related, but please vote in the Sheep Game! There's still a couple days left, and only 9 of you fuckers have entered! I'll extend it a week if I don't at least get to 10 by Sunday.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No, the work Lost Girls is copyrighted to Alan Moore, Melinda Gebbie, and Todd Klein (or some combination of the three depending on specific contracts between them). The characters it uses are public domain.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if Stan hadn't done this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

Is there a history of Stan Lee saying this or are you basing this on how he wrote Reed Richards five or six decades ago?

This forum seems to have a belief that if you write a character who does lovely things that you, yourself, believe in those things.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sounds like Tribute were the ones that hosed up here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nauck is okay. I wouldn't say he's one of Marvel's best artists, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RevKrule posted:

Didn't Archie comics have some fuckup with Sonic this year or something? Like I think they were being distributed or something with help from Sonic and Sonic straight up dropped them like first day of San Diego. It was some cold blooded poo poo but it sounds like Archie really needs some serious help and could honestly stand to be bought out by someone else (Oni? Dark Horse?)

They were publishing Sonic comics, which were a big part of their revenue. Sega didn't renew their license. That's it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

62 is crazy. I have half that on Comixology and it feels like a lot. And that's with a lot of those being on neverending hiatus. (Kaptara, you were too weird for this world.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The problem with the findom idea is that you also have to pay the findom, so you don't end up saying anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

I just ate all you can eat sushi

Did you eat all you could?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I assume it's a sex thing like ASMR.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

Were Dell comics never reprinted with no hope of it ever happening or something?
Basically, the license for Monkees comics is held by the Monkees unless there's some insane person out there that purchased them from them again. In theory whoever has them could sell them to another company and they could reprint the Dell ones if they could get ahold of either the original art or high-quality scans (these are more likely and would probably require a lot of touchup work). I won't say there's zero chance, but unless there's some huge Monkees revival, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cyberpunk would be better if it was the Ramones but with like robot eyes instead of just nerds hacking poo poo

• Locked thread