Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is Promethea massively popular and I'm the strange one for barely being aware of it? I get Watchmen, that's a well known popular comic, but bringing in Promethea and whoever else just seems like they're specifically trying to get Alan Moore mad.

It was at the time, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Samuringa posted:

Never been angrier at my local comics publisher for being in goddamn 2018 and not having published Tom King's Vision here yet. I've been dodging spoilers for almost three years, this is loving bullshit.

That's why you should go digital if you can.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

hosed up that y'all ain't doing this with a Britney song tbh

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Comics are in a weird place where they can have like, graphic beheadings and torture but not say poo poo or show a boob

Truly, we are lucky that freedom fighters like Jim Balent are courageously are tearing down this wall of oppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Honestly, I'd prefer it if they toned down the violence in mainline superhero comics. I just remember the last page of the first issue of Green Lantern for the New 52 was a big full page of a couple of beheaded corpses, neck stumps pointed at the viewer. It's like, why? You couldn't get away with that in an actual Green Lantern movie. It was so off putting and unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong, I love tits and gore. I would never want to see an end to tits and gore comics. I love Murcielago. But for something that has a kid's show on the Cartoon Network and kid's toys in the toy aisle at Target, there's such a thing as too much

I was agreeing with you.

• Locked thread