Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

A Strange Aeon posted:

From a different thread but thought this was cool and something I never knew!

Oh this old thing? I just whipped it up from a goose I had on hand. No big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

site posted:

I noticed there's nothing in that synopsis about her ever rejecting Nazism but i suppose evangelicalism is pretty much the same thing

I balked at

quote:

Hans re-introduces Hansi to the Bible, but she feels unsure whether she can still believe as she suffered through so much misery.
Oh man, so much misery because she decided to be a Nazi. The poor thing.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
The Oatmeal getting overly excited about something, you say?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Random Stranger posted:

I don't think any of the celebrity licensed comics from the 60's have ever been collected. Not even the issues where Jerry Lewis fights The Flash.

But...Goody Rickles!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

It's pretty much the elephant in the room regarding steampunk. The whole "height of imperialism backed by white supremacy which the science of the day was happy to enable" thing gets conveniently left out.

I don't know, I've read a few steampunk things that were pretty up front with their "Yay, colonialism!"

And on the other side, a lot of proto-steampunk, like Warlord of the Air is also pretty blatant about colonialism because they want to show that it is bad.

• Locked thread