Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/jayne_pea/status/958501888567234560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I can't decide whether make friend button or hug button is stronger

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How is Rime?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have it so the make friend button becomes the hug button.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A direct hug is one of the riskiest initiators, strong friendship potential when you can land it but you really have to commit. For beginners I recommend the christian side hug and strafe until you have a good handle on the encounter.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes but where is the button to tell my friend about bitcoin

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Taintrunner posted:

Yes but where is the button to tell my friend about bitcoin

Its right there, labeled attack

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
When/If you play as Dedede the Make a Friend button is removed because he assumes all of Dream Land are already his loyal subjects.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm thinking about reading a book about bitcoin. Probably will pick up Nathaniel Popper's Digital Gold

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm thinking about reading a book about bitcoin. Probably will pick up Nathaniel Popper's Digital Gold

The only bitcoin book you should read is Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain, which is a) written by a goon and b) the best way to dissuade yourself from ever connecting your personal finances to cryptocurrency.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Dropsy/Kirby crossover when?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't read a book about bitcoin

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

PSN trophies are my cryptocurrency* :c00lbert:

*i don't understand bitcoin

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I play PUBG!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

When/If you play as Dedede the Make a Friend button is removed because he assumes all of Dream Land are already his loyal subjects.

Only if it's also removed when you co-op with him, because Dedede is the only friend you need.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Imagine having a hug button while playing as this guy

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/952737964160827393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Please do not untumblrize my friend Dedede

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
February 2018 Chat Thread: Return of the Knack

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I'm the final shot zoom-in on penguin pecs

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Grand Kingdom is also on PS Plus for February on PS4/Vita. I think I was the only person in the world to play it last year, it's like a semi-Vanillaware looking strategy RPG that's centered around moving up or down 3 lanes with your 4-person team. Very fun game that didn't get any press when it was released.

Hey, there's two of us. You were probably the level 99 jerk who kept beating me in the Wars.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I played Grand Kingdom for a bit when it came out but got busy and dropped it. I never quite figured out what I was supposed to be doing in the ears and was probably too low level anyway.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Help Im Alive posted:

*i don't understand bitcoin

They're basically Steam cards.

You get drops by idling a game called "Find Numbers That Have A Certain Special Property".

And instead of Steam keeping track of who has what cards, it's done in a huge clusterfuck of a decentralized database called a "blockchain".

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
So is King Dedede supposed to be buff under his robe or what? In Kirby's Dreamland you fight him in a boxing ring but he uses a hammer. He kind of looks like he's wearing a robe like a boxer would before a fight, so is that what he's supposed to be? He can also suck in large objects and spit them out as stars, something that only he and Kirby can do. He can also float like Kirby and Kirby can use a hammer like Dedede with the right power. So is Dedede a Kirby? Is he Kirby's big buff dad?

e: Is King Dedede Kirby's big buff dad???

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean, I'm not reading about cryptocurrency to get into it or anything, I'm looking to learn about it like I learned about the systemic causes of the Great Depression or the collapse of Bretton Woods

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Bipedal kitty cats freak me the gently caress out

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

First Monster Hunter update looking good.

I want to play more so bad, but it's only noon and I'm at work.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

It's basically Journey + Ico but far less interesting then that sounds. I still enjoyed it though. It's very pretty with really good music and the story is mostly good until the end where it makes it clear what it's actually about and it's kind if dumb and sloppy. Still worth a playthrough imo, especially for free

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Who would win in a fight Swole DeDeDe or Kratos

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please read books everyone

but

Cowcaster posted:

don't read a book about bitcoin

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i recommend anyone considering devoting any brain power to cryptocurrency to get into anime, an unfathomably better use of your time

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

LawfulWaffle posted:

So is King Dedede supposed to be buff under his robe or what? In Kirby's Dreamland you fight him in a boxing ring but he uses a hammer. He kind of looks like he's wearing a robe like a boxer would before a fight, so is that what he's supposed to be? He can also suck in large objects and spit them out as stars, something that only he and Kirby can do. He can also float like Kirby and Kirby can use a hammer like Dedede with the right power. So is Dedede a Kirby? Is he Kirby's big buff dad?

e: Is King Dedede Kirby's big buff dad???
Dedede is a penguin man while Kirby is actually a juvenile cosmic horror.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

i recommend anyone considering devoting any brain power to cryptocurrency to get into anime, an unfathomably better use of your time

bitcoins are way funnier than anime

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I like reading economic history. I read the book by the Valve economist about global surplus recycling mechanisms

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
history books whip rear end, that's different. i read japan 1941 over winter break and that was a great read

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is that some tes thing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it's avernum 3 remake

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

Dedede is a penguin man while Kirby is actually a juvenile cosmic horror.

Reminder that Kirby doesn’t eat things but puts them into a pocket dimension inside of himself where he saps their life energy to power his copy ability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I haven't played a Spiderweb game in ages but "Isometric TES with turn-based combat" is a decent description

• Locked thread