Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

dwarf74 posted:

That episode is both entertaining and kinda frustrating due to how episodic TNG is.

If it had been, say, a Joss Whedon show, we would have had a minimum of half a season of Human Q hanging out with the crew, and that would have been kind of delightful.

If it had been a Joss Whedon show, Q would have been played by a teenage girl and been forced to go barefoot the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The feet stuff is Tarantino. Whedon is just a regular pedophile.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Whedon definitely also has a foot thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Moriatti posted:

Whedon definitely also has a foot thing.

Especially Summer Glau's.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Could also be a Silver Surfer type, a time traveller, or other sorts of mystical/cosmic beings that hang around simply because it's where the fun's at. Often the kind of character that can be explained dropping in and out whenever it suits them and being a little of a wildcard. Maybe a bit of a Q. Or a Doctor Who. (funny thing is the DS9 ep with Q implies that when he's not annoying the Enterprise crew, Q basically Doctor Whos around the universe with a sassy companion to make things interesting)
I would absolutely watch a Q spinoff series.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Plutonis posted:

The feet stuff is Tarantino. Whedon is just a regular pedophile.

Wait, when did it come out he was creeping on underage girls too? I would've thought his ex would've mentioned that in the huge blogpost about the hosed up stuff he was doing as a showrunner. Or did she and I just forgot?

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Dec 26, 2012

Extremely normal

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well, maybe that tweet's from a while ago and Whedon's oh ha ha it's from two days ago. Yikes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/jaydotkaydot/status/1073812732170911745

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I thought 2018 didn't have any horrors left to show me. Let me share.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LongDarkNight posted:

Where does he get his money from it's driving me mad!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That's what those THOTs get for not properly declaring their self-employment income!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

[looks up Alpha Blue on DTRPG]
""Alpha Blue makes Machinations of the Space Princess look like loving Disney Land." The RPGpundit"
Well I reckon that tells me exactly what I need to know.

e: oh god drat it I didn't even realize it was loving Venger Satanis, gently caress that guy.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Antivehicular posted:

That's what those THOTs get for not properly declaring their self-employment income!

Yes, the tax law makes it very clear that even if you obtain your income from illegal sources you must declare the income. All you got to do is make a Schedule C. You don't even have to declare that you're doing prostitution, you can just write that the job is other services and put your name as the title to business. But you still got to declare that income or it's a crime.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hostile V posted:

e: oh god drat it I didn't even realize it was loving Venger Satanis, gently caress that guy.

He apparently got perma'd off RPG.net (again). Claimed he was "transitioning" into a transhuman tentacled creature. He even had pronouns for his new made-up race.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

LongDarkNight posted:

Whatever else you wish gently caress this guy for, spare a gently caress this guy for the sake of Douglas Adams.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Wait, maybe I'm misreading it but isn't he agreeing with her? The "I love it" is ambiguous and could refer to loving the word nubile or to loving her tweet, but then later in the tweet after he gives the second definition, he says that makes it "double awful." Which means he thinks both meanings are creepy and awful, right?

I could be mis-parsing it. It is certainly unclear.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Dawgstar posted:

He apparently got perma'd off RPG.net (again). Claimed he was "transitioning" into a transhuman tentacled creature. He even had pronouns for his new made-up race.
I see, I see. May he find sweet acceptance in the cold wet arms of the sea with the others of his kind then. Or drown. Either outcome works for me.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Hostile V posted:

I see, I see. May he find sweet acceptance in the cold wet arms of the sea with the others of his kind then. Or drown. Either outcome works for me.

Just so you have the full context, he performed this particular act of genius during Transgender Awareness Week :jerkbag:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jimbozig posted:

Wait, maybe I'm misreading it but isn't he agreeing with her? The "I love it" is ambiguous and could refer to loving the word nubile or to loving her tweet, but then later in the tweet after he gives the second definition, he says that makes it "double awful." Which means he thinks both meanings are creepy and awful, right?

I could be mis-parsing it. It is certainly unclear.
I thought it was pretty clear that he "loves it" in the same way we love everything posted in F&F (for example). It's awful and gross for multiple reasons and totally outs anyone who uses it seriously as an utter sleazebag.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Dawgstar posted:

Well, maybe that tweet's from a while ago and Whedon's oh ha ha it's from two days ago. Yikes.

The Whedon Program:

pre:
if noKittyPryde() then

addKittyPryde();
else

tormentKittyPryde();
then

declareFeminism();
end-if;

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Flavivirus posted:

Just so you have the full context, he performed this particular act of genius during Transgender Awareness Week :jerkbag:
May he hurry the gently caress up and jump in the ocean posthaste then.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The Whedon Program:

pre:
if noKittyPryde() then

addKittyPryde();
else

tormentKittyPryde();
then

declareFeminism();
end-if;

You're thinking of Brian Michael Bendis.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Yawgmoth posted:

I thought it was pretty clear that he "loves it" in the same way we love everything posted in F&F (for example). It's awful and gross for multiple reasons and totally outs anyone who uses it seriously as an utter sleazebag.

Yeah, that's how I took it, but it was posted right after somebody asking if Whedon was a pedophile, so I was confused.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

whedon's not a pedo (at least as far as we know, i guess) but there's a bit of a 'physician heal thyself' aspect to that tweet coming from the guy who gave us river tam

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
that tweet was worded incredibly creepily tho

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Whedon's a creep who may or may not be a pedophile, but certainly likes dancing next to it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Creeping on teenage girls doesn’t make you a pedophile. Pedophilia is a sexual disorder where you’re sexually attracted to prepubescent children. Being a creep and a possible predator doesn’t mean a person is a pedophile

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

thetoughestbean posted:

Creeping on teenage girls doesn’t make you a pedophile. Pedophilia is a sexual disorder where you’re sexually attracted to prepubescent children. Being a creep and a possible predator doesn’t mean a person is a pedophile

Just say "ephebophile" dude

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'm basically a pizzagate guy, too many celebs and powerful people are utter sex freaks

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Pope Guilty posted:

Just say "ephebophile" dude

Just because I don’t think adults who prey on teens have a psychiatric disorder doesn’t mean I’m defending them, my guy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wrestlepig posted:

I'm basically a pizzagate guy, too many celebs and powerful people are utter sex freaks

the only thing pizzagate got wrong was assuming it was only libs

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

thetoughestbean posted:

This conversation is weird.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Covok posted:

You're thinking of Brian Michael Bendis.

Nah, Bendis isn't unique in that tendency, as it turns out.

Comics!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

People doing comics now are all fans of a very specific time in comics when they were kids, should be fun when the 90's kids get hold of those books and kill off or shunt off all the silver age dudes again for the sake of bringing Wally West, Kyle Rayner and Jubilee back into prominence.

New characters? What's that?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Why would any creator make a new character for the Big Two when you could put the same energy into a creator owned work and actually make any amount of money.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hey folks. Just a heads up that the 2019 Resolution Thread is up and last year's is back. :toot:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Anyway, what I meant is that in a given Whedon work you can usually identify a character as "The Kitty", not to get too TV Tropes-ish... your Willow, your Fred, your Kaylee, etc.

Oh, and the Kitty Pryde he fired into a space in a magic bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Anyway, what I meant is that in a given Whedon work you can usually identify a character as "The Kitty", not to get too TV Tropes-ish... your Willow, your Fred, your Kaylee, etc.

Oh, and the Kitty Pryde he fired into a space in a magic bullet.

He definitely has a Thing for the Ingenue which becomes even more creepy in hindsight.