Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
So I'm playtesting a deck building game, and I've got a couple PDFs of all the cards, where each card is a small separate page. I'd like to take certain pages from various pdfs and combine them into a single pdf to aid in printing out specific decks. Is there a simple way to do that? What program would I need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

PrimoPDF has this capability.
What you'll need to do is install PrimoPDF; then, open a PDF and print the desired page range to a new file, by choosing PrimoPDF as the Printer in your printer dialog. When the PrimoPDF applet thingy pops up, use the Save As field to define the name of your new file, and it'll create a PDF with that content.
Then, you'll do a second printing, but this time you'll append your print to the first PDF. Just like before, open it up, choose to print, select the page range you want, and hit Print. But this time, when the dialog box opens, select the previous PDF in the Save As field. When you click Save, another dialog will pop up with a dropdown: you can choose to either Append to existing file, or Overwrite existing file. Choose Append, and the new page range you just printed will get added to the end of the existing PDF.

Ah, this is fantastic. Thank you!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

eonwe posted:

I've tried doing tabletop sim / finding online groups, but I haven't had a lot of luck.

Well, when are you available?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

I taught myself how to play a roleplaying game that I liked, and then invited my friends to play, and I taught the system to them.

The good news here is you can always say, "I'm not super clear on how this works either," and then just make rulings during play.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

eonwe posted:

I'm available 7 PM CST till like 1 AM M-F, and whenever Sat and Sun!

Also thank you to everyone for your advice.

The TTS Board Goons discord is approaching dead, but they manage to get a game of something random going at noon EST (11 am for you) most weekends. I dunno if there's a more active group elsewhere.