Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's gonna be a miserable, boring year that will be miserable in boring ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speaking of garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fm89zmb3G0

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

if a GM started putting Good Job stickers on my stuff I'd immediately assume they were dripping with irony venom and it'd take a long time to be conditioned away from that notion

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

One that's even mildly interesting in any way :v:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Holy poo poo is this seriously what I fuckin' think it is

I'm honestly surprised it took so much to someone make a d20 tactical game

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

But of course there isn't a 4E tactical videogame because Hasbro/WOTC is full of loving retarded shitheads who need to be chopped to death with machetes!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

I’ve definitely had players like that before.

Don't loving snitch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jimbozig posted:

This. Making a full sized adventure for Strike! would take a lot of time, cost a lot of money in art and maps, and almost certainly would not make back the investment on its own. I might hope that it's existence would boost the main game's sales, but that would only be a hope and not one founded in any evidence I've seen. I'd almost certainly be better served financially by publishing an expansion, a new edition, or a new game, all for similar effort and expense.

I dide make a small adventure with a tiny budget, meaning no new art and no maps, and sell it for a budget price. And that works fine - it's not a full-featured adventure and doesn't claim to be. The biggest complaint about it is the lack of maps, which is totally fair and a good criticism. I could draw some maps myself, but anyone who has played in one of my Roll20 games where I drew my own maps can tell you that they will look like they were drawn by an 8 year old. Literally, I draw like an 8 year old. In a few years, my oldest daughter will supercede my drawing talents. If anyone has a tool in which I can easily make gridmaps (that I can sell - so the tool needs to give me rights to publish its art assets in the maps I make) that don't look like garbage, I'd like to know. For the small adventure my budget was practically zero, but for one of my upcoming projects I will actually have a budget for it - provided it can make very good looking gridmaps in a settings such as office buildings and UFOs, not just fantasy and forests.

I'll make one entirely from scratch if you ship me the Nintendo Switch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hyphz posted:

Well, how often do you normally have a conversation which will at the end have a "positive or negative outcome", that you're invested in? It's when you're trying to persuade someone to do something, or sell something to them, or give you a job, or go on a date, and so on.. and all of those interactions are characterized by social behaviors which don't apply to regular conversations with no such stakes.

Have you tried the [Language of Fists]

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Splicer posted:

I think part of the disconnect here is that in D&D style games bad things happening to your character are a fail state and to be avoided.

https://twitter.com/donleykogn/status/949240573294133248

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can someone explain me this stupid argument in a paragraph or less I'm not reading four pages of this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leraika posted:

SO GUYS

Are there any Japanese table top games/games in general I should look into if I was a fan of Kamigakari and Double Cross? If it helps, I'm a big fan of how they let you mix and match thematic elements to make a character.

Shinobigami

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mr.Misfit posted:

Hyphz is asking weird hypothetical questions about PbtA games and Blades in the Dark because he canīt get his brain around the fact that there can be concepts around rpgs that "follow from the fiction" and asks for examples but hasnīt gotten too many to apply to his situation because heīs a realism and plausibility-inspired dnd-gm. Also the Wire as done by BitD was awesome to read. Thank you for that *thumbs_up*

Oh, and he also seems to think or actually has players who hate fun and challenge.

Blades in the Dark is good but PBTA sucks so even if his reason is baffling and psychotic he's on the right track

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

And in conclusion, it is impossible to play BitD and there have been no successful games of it.

The one I was in died. Well RIP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Being insanely depressed and having no self-confidence is chill

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Please be respectful on something awful dot com

I hate them almost as much as I hate Konami and those companies who sell lead tainted baby formula

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LongDarkNight posted:

It was all your parents could afford.

I'm bigly on mental stability. Whatever. I'm not doing the Trump impression joke anymore!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's pretty easy to assume something with game on the name is a game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

my hard drive broke again

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Buy a harder one next time? :ohdear:

It's on the warranty still I guess. Less than six months...?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sion posted:

Chat has been loving dreadful this year. Like, somehow worse than last year which I didn't think could be a thing?

this is the worst AGDQ ever and i stopped watching after the MGS3 run by a guy who's worse than DSP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He lost to the End and had to reload a save and kept the rest of the run complaining about glitches and how the guard's hitbox was small whenever he shot at him

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Those .45 caliber depleted uranium bullets to kill druggies aren't buying themselves, gradenko.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Essential_Guide_to_Weapons_and_Technology

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I collected all teh cool equipment on KOTOR and I want my rpg character to be a jango fett brotha with all kind of insane gear

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

This guy owns

This

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

how can a spinning helicopter lightsaber generate lift

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

We did it. We finished Zeitgeist for 4e, ran it from level 1-30. Bittersweet, folks. Like finishing a fantastic book series.

I did a small write-up over here in the 4e thread. It's spoiler-iffic.

Goongratulations

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hey Ewen, you were the one who made this game, right? I'm thinking of attending this table since mine isn't happening this week.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ewen Cluney posted:

Waaaaay back in the day I made an RPG called Thrash for fighting game style martial arts, and although it wasn't very good design-wise (this was in 1997), enough people really wanted to play an RPG along the lines of Street Fighter and King of Fighters that it was decently popular, including in Latin America (someone even made a Saint Seiya thing for it). A Brazilian guy named Thiago Rosa Shinken took the Karyu Densetsu campaign setting I had barely sketched out and went totally crazy with it, running a huge, epic campaign with his friends, and eventually using that as the basis of an original RPG that's going to come out pretty soon (in Brazilian Portuguese). It was clearly so much his thing now that when he asked me about rights I just asked him to send me a copy of the finished game.

I don't know any Portuguese so even though he showed me the fastplay PDF they're going to release in a few days I know nothing about the actual game, though I liked how Asura Karyu (who was a PC in my original campaign way back when) makes an appearance, plus one of the other sample characters has a connection to a rocketball player named Ewen.

Thiago is also the translator for an upcoming Brazilian version of Magical Fury, and he's doing a stretch goal class for the Dragon World kickstarter.

That's cool and yeah there's an insanely strong player base for the SF and KOF TRPGs here, I see people bringing out stats for world warriors and campaigns/powers taken from the newest games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok posted:

That may be true, but I still won the contest.

You encouraged Mearls and that is something that should hound you forever

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

I didn't know they had a party. That explains a lot.

They have two. Google "Comet Pizza"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't believe John Podesta is a Satanic cannibal pedophile, but it is kind of weird to hang nude photography of teenagers in the bedrooms of your house.

Also, his job is to help corporations buy out the government, so in all seriousness, he is as bad as any pedophile.

Lets see about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diLSFNS2S2A

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Amusingly, Seagal believes in an international "deep state" conspiracy, which is practically the opposite of what the phrase deep state actually means.

I don't know but about that but I absolutely believe Seagal will bring the people who abused Corey Haim and tried to frame Charlie Sheen for it to justice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Good news, Starfinder is out for your needs.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So I got the Karyu Densetsu free fastplay and now I wonder if I should translate it to English and run...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I am sure Mike Mearls hasn't done any kind of sex crime against adult, alive, humans. *winks*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

you can be mad ugly and not be a lovely person

Nice virtue signaling humblebrag. Bwahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Probations finally went through so the thread is open again. No more lovely jokes about what game devs look like.

Post a selfie so I can be cruel to you but on an informed point of view.