Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

gradenko_2000 posted:

So I found this thing of a Microlite20 being heavily adapted towards D&D 5e.

What is the preferred binding method for a work like this that only runs to 17 pages? I feel like ring-binding is excessive or might not fit.

Spiral binding would look nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I re-watched the Guy Richie Sherlock Holmes film today, and the opening scene got me thinking: has anyone ever tried a story with Holmes where at the end he uncovers that the plot/villain is Lovecraftian in nature? That seems like a cross-over that would have happened by now.

There's a collection someone put out a while ago called Shadows over Baker Street that's pretty much "What if Sherlock but also Lovecraft?" It has A Study in Emerald in the collection as well as a handful of others.

8one6
May 20, 2012

The usual answer to the question of "Has someone combined [nerd thing 1] with [nerd thing 2]?" is usually "Yes, and then they hot-glued useless brass gears to it."

8one6
May 20, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U9Oyney1c4

Fantasy Flight really leaning into that unique printing thing huh, first keyforge now this.

Lootboxes but for entire boardgames sounds like a super lovely way to go about it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I am by no means a real artist but if someone else is looking to run the Temple of Elemental Evil here are the roll20 scaled maps I've put together so far for my campaign. My group is finished through the first dungeon level so that's where it stops for now. I'll be finishing out the dungeon levels but odds are good my group isn't going to bother with the elemental nodes.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Sion posted:

It's Thursday, my dudes.

What's the plan for the weekend? I'm driving to Loch Ness. Gonna catch a monster.

Running the first session of my Fallout KC game this Friday. Putting off working on ToEE maps until next Thursday because that place is stupid huge (and my "gently caress is 5e stingy as gently caress with treasure. gently caress it, let's monty haul this poo poo!" strategy requires more work on my part but it means I get to throw poo poo like 4 earth elementals at a level 6 party and not worry about them being pasted immediately.)

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm running a Fallout: Kansas City game and I commissioned a map for Nuka-World Midwest. Anyway here's the map. Soda puns are my own.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Brian Patterson of d20monkey.

I also made a map/mission board for the game.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 8, 2018

8one6
May 20, 2012

Covok posted:

I don't think I ever put this much effort into a game ever.

:smuggo: You don't put much 'game' in your games either. :smuggo:

Seriously though it wasn't much more effort that what I normally put into a game. The map of KC required a few hours of cleanup in GIMP but after that it was maybe 10 minutes searching for the pip-boy font and a nice version of the vault tech logo on google followed up with a quick and export to pdf. It cost about $50 to get printed.

I put way more effort than that into the ToEE maps and those are all half assed in the hours before the game starts every other week.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Edit: wrong thread

8one6
May 20, 2012

Angrymog posted:

Spaceship reactor core iirc. And they got radiation magic.

That reminds me of one of the lower levels of Barrier Peaks. "Remember there is no 'Protection from X' spell for radiation."

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm putting together spell lists for awizard in GURPS.

Spell Prerequisites!
:argh:

8one6
May 20, 2012

If you have a Half-Price Books nearby they actually give a shockingly decent amount for used RPG stuff. I was clearing out my collection a couple of years ago and they were giving me about $50 - 75 per milk crate.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'd recommend the Atomic Robo RPG. It's two-fisted action Fate that can (with a bit of fiddling) support full supers.

8one6
May 20, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

I feel like Cyborg is the quintenssential Transformed. Every story arc that focuses on him is usually about him being a robot and missing his humanity and whatnot. Very Transformed.
... .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Mike Danger posted:

I don't think this fits another thread so posting here: anyone have a good dice tower seller they recommend? Want to buy one for my friend for Christmas.

Wyrmwood dice towers are pretty nice.