Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
So I've been doing a ton of miniature sculpting lately, and we don't actually have a thread for it. I know interest checks are somewhat dumb, but would people want a thread that compiles some mini sculpting resources? I'm sure there's goons who are a hell of a lot better at it than I am, so I'm hoping to get some interest?

I feel like it sort of fits in the general painting thread, but it's a totally different skill set and might get some people interested in making their own stuff or showing off conversions/sculpts they've made.

Plus, this is the only place I can think of that won't have a sculpting/conversion thread turn into a curated collection of weird tentacle-dick minis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Do we have a Gaslands thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860130

We don’t technically have one, but the Car Wars thread has mutated into talking about Gaslands. May need to ask Ettin for a name change.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Basically I'm trying to imagine a situation where Sleep isn't bad game design. :v:

Stoner metal RPG about flying through space on dragons, navigating deadly Hashteroid fields to land your crew of Marijuanauts in the TH Sea. Maybe navigating the war-torn ruins of Funeralopolis, avoiding the minions of the Electric Wizard to find the sole druid able to bring forth the potent flowers again.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

How good is Roll20/other various online tabletops at running games outside of the big names? I’m preparing a larger-scale hexcrawl, but some of my players are geographically distant and interested in regular games, but I don’t know the specifics.

Issues would be that, at a casual glance, they seem geared towards supporting a specific game, and I’m running a weird modified BECMI-derived monstrosity that is a mismash of crazy rules and prog rock album-inspired weirdness.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

So I've been hearing good things about one of Osprey's newest games Gaslands, anyone here given it a try?

We have a thread about it!

Should probably do more gameplay discussion, but the modeling is really fun and people are doing some cool stuff.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

I’ve always seen it like this: low fantasy is something you’d airbrush on a van, while high fantasy is the blacklight painting you keep in your wood-paneled office/rec room and swear you’re going to frame someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Helping to run an airsoft-based Fallout event in a month or so that kinda fits in the tradgames mold (being descended from larp stuff), and the planning of a game experience with props is something I’ve definitely missed. Got a live radio station for the game thanks to low-powered broadcasting exemptions and existing site infrastructure, along with some good temporary structures and at least one dedicated player showing up in full Brotherhood power armor. Aside from the extensive prop prep, any recommendations for little things that could get overlooked by people scrambling to do the full big-picture logistics and planning?