Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh, they did, they just don't want to tell you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

my cat is norris posted:

You have this entire forum cheering for your success and wanting the best for you. I'm so sorry that you have to face this nightmare scenario, but I do hope it's resolved quickly.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

larchesdanrew posted:

At a project meeting just now:

Project Tech: "We really need make sure that we're asking about size preferences when quoting equipment to customers. We had a huge problem with a printer we ordered for %client% not fitting where the old printer was."

Me: "We already have a process for this. There's a checklist of questions we're supposed to run through with every customer that wants new equipment that asks all of this. I made it myself and technicians are supposed to be following this process."

Project Manager: "Yeah we really need to nail down a process for this. Let's schedule a meeting with [everyone except larches] and come up with something."

Me: "We already have a process for this. Everyone should follow the established process."

Technology Director: "Well we aren't doing a lot of stuff we should be doing."

Me: "Not helpful, we need to retrain on the established process with technicians at the next helpdesk huddle. This is a concrete action item that can be scheduled for next week."

Project Manager: "Yeah, let's schedule a meeting with [everyone except larches] and come up with something."

Me: :suicide:

EDIT: I just outlined the whole process in Teams in a very self-serving and petulant way and I'm about to Rip and Tear™ these fools when this promotion goes through.

It just means they don't actually want it fixed, they just want to talk about it being fixed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeoh posted:

imagine caring about naming things

First.last you gently caress

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kensei posted:

500 pages and four years old. New thread time?

Only if a venerable goon such as yourself makes it.