Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Steakandchips posted:

Any update from Larches?

Run over by the CE's truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
A lot of tickets came in. We're having a snowstorm in Louisiana. Everyone decided they need VPN access TODAY despite us telling them to do this constantly so we won't get flooded with this poo poo during an actual "emergency".

:stare:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

chin up everything sucks posted:

So you guys got a 1/8 of an inch of snow?

We haven't gotten snow yet this time. :v:

A few weeks ago, we got, I think, around 2 inches.

If I have to work from home, that's fine. I just expect other departments to be ready.

I am also a man who is disappointed by others often.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
A ticket came in.

CEO: I've accidentally permanently deleted my entire inbox. Please restore.

:ghost:

I'm sure we have a backup and everything but how does one fumble into that? I'm sure he's got a fair number of e-mails :confused:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Thanatosian posted:

I am amazed that Fiserv isn't the least-competent. We have been discussing whether or not we think their support people are deliberately sabotaging us to get us to switch to managed services.

You're gonna have to work hard to get me to believe Fiserv isn't pants-on-head dumb. See: Datasafe

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

nullfunction posted:

:stonklol:

Probably the worst product that Fiserv sells. I'm so sorry.

Tell me about it. I don't think I'd be this annoyed if it wasn't for the fact the browser based version installs like 80 loving "modules" and takes an hour even without leaving the network. :sigh: There's other stuff but that's at least slightly easier to pin down a possible location so I'll keep quiet.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

lambeth posted:

Found out our new center has their gear mounted above the toilet. I suspect this will go swimmingly, pun intended.

Now I'm just imaging the poop particles in the network jacks and :stonklol:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
loving main production software released a new version. We tested, like good little IT drones. It worked. We deploy it out, suddenly a sub-system that used to get silently logged onto by the system doesn't anymore. Now, it asks the user for the credentials and our users don't know what they are. :stare:

In actuality, they do because that's how it works on the other system but :tif:

gently caress this lovely rear end software we're technically beta testing but they can't seem to fix any bugs without introducing 90 others.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

suuma posted:

We have no QA and rolled out an update to a customer in Australia (we're east coast USA), so their poo poo was broken overnight and now we can't work with them to troubleshoot because we come in when they go home :v:

poo poo that works fine here doesn't work there so :iiam:

At an old job, we had people in Australia using the product but we closed at 8:00PM CST. Someone was on call basically for that 1 customer every night. We got a call maybe once every 6 months tops and got $50\week for it. :shrug:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
A Ticket Came in: Adventures installing a small program

User asks us to install a program that most managers use on her new laptop.

I install it and it just crashes constantly. I e-mail the dev who tells me "That's a really old version. Install this one."

I install the new one. It asks me where the database is. I tell it. It asks me where the database is again.. it's in a loop. :sigh:

I e-mail the dev about the error and what I did to cause it. He sends me a new build. Instead of asking me where the database is, it automatically assumes it is at "\\Mac\Google Drive\$company\$product\64Bit\$database.ext" and can't connect.

I mention this new issue. He gets confused because the path says 64 bit but I'm installing 32 bit. I explain the new issue. He sends me a 64 bit copy of the client.

Installing that tells me it needs 64 bit Access Runtime cause :shrug:

gently caress me, this 1 simple thing is gonna drive me to drink. It shouldn't be this drat hard to get a loving front end for an access database installed.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
A few posts back but we have the due date poo poo on our tickets too. It's mostly for the C Levels as we can just change the date whenever and no one gives 2 shits. :shrug:

Sirotan posted:

A text came in (to the on-call phone) while I was in the theater watching Hereditary. I was able to resolve the issue with a quick reply, which kind of disappointed me. The movie was so goddamn boring I think I really wanted an excuse to leave.

:( Hereditary was really good. I admit it does ask that you love slow burn horror a bit though.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Did some Comcast tech need a few more hours to finish reading a book?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
"I'm not getting my email from an apartment complex I'm trying to set up rent payments for" :sigh:

Stop using your loving work email for personal poo poo. We don't block poo poo like gmail for a god drat reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
We combat the username issue by just using initials. :smugdog:

Yes, it does make Powershell and everything else normal admins have to deal with a righteous bitch but no slutz here, no sir. :smugdog: