Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

movax posted:

Old thread was transferred to the GOLDMINE server. Check with your manager re: GOLDMINE access.

God damnit. We actually have a Goldmine server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

kensei posted:

I got to deal with that a couple jobs ago. I was so happy when the Sales VP changed and the first thing he did was go to SalesForce.

Goldmine isn't so bad. Just a SQL backend and it's relatively inexpensive.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

kensei posted:

Ours was out of date and out of contract so it was a mess.

That makes sense. We have SA on Goldmine and get it updated either yearly or every other year depending on features.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The 4100 will work if you use the latest ver of the Universal Print Driver.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Those of you with Dell laptops, ever seen an issue where the trackpad/mouse freezes every 5 seconds for a second or two constantly? Working on a laptop with that issue and I can't figure it out. Tried a new hard drive, formatted. In Windows 10.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It happens with a mouse too. Frustrating.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

I have a fix for this! The TL;DR is the Windows PTP drivers are poo poo and every time you touch the pad, they wait for you to make a gesture. You can replace them with the Synaptics drivers and the problem disappears.

Holy poo poo I'll try this today.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

I have a fix for this! The TL;DR is the Windows PTP drivers are poo poo and every time you touch the pad, they wait for you to make a gesture. You can replace them with the Synaptics drivers and the problem disappears.

Doesn't work very well. Synaptics doesn't offer direct download of drivers anymore. I found them elsewhere but then Windows 10 throws a fit about the driver not having a digital signature and refuses to install it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

We're having the IT room remodeled. So I'm in a temp office between the vp of marketing and the sr vp of marketing. Anyways, I go to check on the work and as soon as I walk into the IT room, I spot the electrician and there is a huge ZAP, smoke, and half the floor loses power. I immediately leave, go back to my temp office, and close the door. No one came to bother me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Jesus Christ.

Properly space your ads, web developers. It's even worse when you're trying to click on something near the top of the page and an ad springs into existence under your cursor.

That's working as intended.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

"There is no way to do what you want without manually opening and checking every document, unfortunately."

*ticket closed*

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The Fool posted:

The Jabra 9400-series is the same:

https://www.jabra.com/business/office-headsets/jabra-pro-9400

Similar features, similar price point.

Have a couple of them in the office here and haven't had any complaints.

We have 40 of these or so. Work great. No interference. They work when you're on the shitter.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Da gently caress?

http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2018/01/25/office-2019-client-preview-showing-up-on-wsus-servers/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

There is a new condo building across from the main office, and one of the new wifi networks broadcasting is called "sendnudes". Now HR is throwing a huge fuckoff fit telling us we need to block all equipment from seeing this SSID.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Malek posted:

Have you tried sending nudes?

WPA2.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

I don't know how possible that is but it seems very much like yelling at the cleaner to fix the awful stench in the building when a cannery opens next door.

Yeah exactly. My boss is told me to ignore the emails, he'll deal with it. It's just hilarious.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah disable wifi, problem solved.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Do HR have any windows in their office? You should see if you can buy space on a billboard they can see and put up a huge poster that just says SEND NUDES black on white in 8 foot tall letters.

All of the HR offices face our courtyard so eh. Waiting for a legit nasty language SSID to appear.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

blackswordca posted:

So the returned printers came in.. three of them. One of them is the one that we sold them. Two of them are here as well and I have no idea why. I assume we are recycling them. No boxes, no cables, nothing just printers.

Looking forward to seeing the bosses reaction when he gets into the office

He'll ask you to buy parts for them and resell them and never ever throw them out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

AlexDeGruven posted:

I think it was longer ago than that, but worse. McAfee flagged svchost.exe as malicious on an update and a fuckton of places auto-updated in the middle of the day and royally shat the bed.

This happened to us. Was all hands on deck with us and all our consultants to fix this gently caress up. We went straight to Sophos after that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I don't remember that one. We went to Microsoft after Sophos since MSE is included in our licensing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I've posted this before but this is our old main rack:

And after we replaced the core switch

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sickening posted:

I mean its close, but I prefer a 24 port patch panel above and below the switch so its looks more uniform than a full 48 above/below. Still looks a ton better though.

Yeah we thought about that but we didn't want to move the patch panels too much and have to re-punch.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

The old dead firewall is still racked because I can't be bothered to unplug a bunch of poo poo to remove it. :haw:

You're supposed to use old equipment as shelves in your racks!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Always good to rip an old server out a rack and have the thing on top crash down a level because somebody couldn’t be bothered with finding the correct rails for it.

Couldn't be bothered or the rails are so loving poo poo and you had to get the server up ASAP so gently caress it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

We have a fridge behind our server racks. No need to hide anything. The fridge is on it's own circuit as god intended.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Siochain posted:

I mean, we could likely do it. If we wanted to come in and re-cable between midnight and 4 am. Which we don't, so we suffer :P

I work at a manufacturing plant that has 3 shifts plus weekend overtime. Not a ton of room for downtime.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

kensei posted:

It was just given to me today. Apparently we purchased it and IT will own it going forward, and I own it in IT. Whee? I have very little SharePoint experience, but that's never stopped me before!

Does it come with a cask of the finest whiskey?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I hope you use eBates too for the poo poo you buy on Newegg, or Dell, etc.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Go thank Bill Gates for not making email faster.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The Fool posted:

This i7 elitebook 840 is really nice.

840 G5's ship this week.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I do like the 840's. Still using the side dock instead the poo poo USB3 or Thunderbolt docks.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I've put Windows 10 on a laptop with 4 gigs of RAM and a Core Duo. It surprisingly scales down quite well.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Repair install the Jabra software and/or update it. That was an issue that supposedly been fixed with the newer versions of the software.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah hardly anyone below C level gets new equipment. It just doesn't happen.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

SEKCobra posted:

Considering it's a Prime exclusive it better be.

It's not on Prime yet.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

I thought Mr. Robot was *only* on Prime?

It's a USA show. They don't bleep any of the language on there either.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I buy brackets for like $7. The Amazon one works fine too. I get them from Newegg for the sweet sweet eBates money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I work for a manufacturing company. If people can't come in, the business can't run. Doesn't happen too often.