Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Maybe louis only did that set because he was going to kill himself if he felt like everyone in the world was against him, and he Took the easy road. are we supposed to pretend that it would be a positive trend in society if all the worst people died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think a lot of good comedy has been extracted from the narcissistic idpol, but I think the vein has been pretty much exhausted at this point. I'm open to the idea of someone finding a new angle on it, but the leaked CK bit was pretty hacky.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Everyone stop being mean to Louis CK! He has been through so much!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Master Stur posted:

To be fair, the twitter left wing is going to murder everyone except maybe AOC and she can't run.

that reminds me, i don't wanna go anywhere near the internet when she casts her first bad vote

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

that reminds me, i don't wanna go anywhere near the internet when she casts her first bad vote

She was dead to the tankies as soon as she said something nice about John McCain when he died.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Cavauro posted:

are we supposed to pretend that it would be a positive trend in society if all the worst people died

There’s no need to pretend. This would absolutely, by definition, make society better.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yo! Sellers accepted our offer and we got a rate of 4.6% locked in. This poo poo rules.

:bisonyes:

Waiting for my paternal uncle & aunt to come by. We're boring as poo poo & will likely be asleep before midnight.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
We're having two friends over in a few hours, prolly gonna eat drink and play mario party and/or board games until midnight and call it quits.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
It's freaking snowing in Arizona...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

weird Asian candy posted:

It's freaking snowing in Arizona...

Wrap it up climateailures

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kids spent the weekend at their moms so I got them back this afternoon. Probably keep the older ones up to watch the ball drop on the east coast if they want to.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

very stable genius posted:

What are your plans for ringing in the new year?

Considering that I just got done with ~24 hours of flying + layovers, sit around by myself and try to stay up until midnight so I can do a hard reset of my sleep schedule. Also it's my dad's birthday today so I gots to call him.

E: Actually we just received notice today that my wife's permanent green card was approved so I'm gonna drink to celebrate that :buddy:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 1, 2019

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1079876149990379520

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I actually kind of wanted to go out tonight but no one I know is doing much so me and the wife are just going to cook up some steaks and stay in with a sixer and a fine Walmart champagne. I would think we'll both be asleep before midnight but who knows!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m watching Bob Ross on Netflix

Here are my dogs celebrating the new year

Ehud fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 1, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My wife and I are going to a NYE party, but I can't drink so I don't expect to have a great time, and I'll probably head home shortly after midnight to not be the one sober guy at a party where everyone else is drunk.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Leperflesh posted:

My wife and I are going to a NYE party, but I can't drink so I don't expect to have a great time, and I'll probably head home shortly after midnight to not be the one sober guy at a party where everyone else is drunk.

I want to imagine you can't drink not because you are the designated driver, but because the last time you got wasted you wandered around with an encyclopedia calling people out

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1079889835152699394?s=21

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

Nothing like wathcing Louis CK do a heel turn like Scott Adams did.

Even better if you watch his old stand up talking about his daughters & knows he doesn't give a poo poo about them now.
The whole "It's Pig Newton" bit really stands out now as "Louis CK doesn't give a good gaddam about his kids"

very stable genius posted:

I have reservations at a nice little seasonal place for dinner tonight. Then I’m heading over to a house party to meet up with some friends. I’ve got a fancy bottle of champagne, my last bottle of 2013 Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus, and I just rolled 3 joints. It’s gonna be a good night.

What are your plans for ringing in the new year?
Digesting the filet from a porterhouse and the fries I made in the air fryer ( :syoon: ) and drinking Jack and Coke until it's tomorrow.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 1, 2019

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ehud posted:

I’m watching Bob Ross on Netflix

Here are my dogs celebrating the new year

Poor buhbuhs have no idea how many people are about to arrive.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

CannonFodder posted:

The whole "It's Pig Newton" bit really stands out now as "Louis CK doesn't give a good gaddam about his kids"

What are the details about this? All I found on google was that that’s his production company. What about it really emphasizes that he doesn’t give a drat about his kids? I completely agree he likely doesn’t care about them because he’s a piece of poo poo.

I have a bunch of NYE possibilities because I have a fantastic social community that invited me to a bunch of things; house parties, rented out breweries, raves, clubs, and chill little get togethers.

Unfortunately I’m sick so I’m just gonna stay in this cozy bed and sleep.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, same. I'm only staying home cause I'm sick. Cough.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1079906462753869825?s=21

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Gonna drink a beer and go to bed early as I gotta be up early for work. Woooo :smith:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Wall... wall never changes...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If the slavs had been smart and walled off Mongolia like China did, we wouldn't have Russia.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have no idea what this even means

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Remember when the Berlin wall kept all those peeps who tried to go to West germany out?

Works every time!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Remember when the Berlin wall kept all those peeps who tried to go to West germany out?

Works every time!

I don't think that's how the Berlin wall was supposed to work

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

General Dog posted:

If the slavs had been smart and walled off Mongolia like China did, we wouldn't have Russia.

The Great Wall wasn't about keeping out the Mongols though

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1079902273747116032

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

https://twitter.com/aprilnhouston/status/1079603889853341696?s=21

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Vore Lord

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What are the details about this? All I found on google was that that’s his production company. What about it really emphasizes that he doesn’t give a drat about his kids? I completely agree he likely doesn’t care about them because he’s a piece of poo poo.
He has a stand up bit where he gets in an argument with his little kid where she says "It's not fig newton it's PIG newton" and when I first heard it I thought "hey kids are dumb and latch onto dumb things and I know this looking back that I was a dumb kid latching onto dumb things, this is funny how she wants to say Pig Newton and he is exasperated" but now it has an air of "Louis CK is a total jerk to everyone"

His production company should be "I MADE POOTIE TANG" and stop while he was ahead.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The only thing I know about Pootie Tang is that Scary Movie 3 makes fun of it. I didn’t even know it was a real movie for like a decade.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just ate my first Hot Pocket in years and am strongly contemplating eating a second one, how's your NYE

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
LMAO if you’re not home alone watching the Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Just ate my first Hot Pocket in years and am strongly contemplating eating a second one, how's your NYE

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the chicken quesadilla ones

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Gonna drink a beer and go to bed early as I gotta be up early for work. Woooo :smith:

Liz Warren alt spotted