Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

For a second, given the sound effect, i thought MJ had kicked the door open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is "how do i shot web?" level of competence :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man he is so thin skinned about that little comic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My prediction, he gets cold feet or backs out for other reasons and they realize that they can just hire some rando and license Spidery-Sam for the show. Cut to Spidey vandalizing a TV shop for daring to tune in on its display screens :arghfist::spidey:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

This is another story where I'm genuinely curious where it's supposed to be going. There doesn't seem to be any real villain aside from Pete's remarkably fragile ego, so unless the idea is that we watch him getting over being such a bitch baby, I don't know where this story is headed.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

"Spider-Man harasses a random passerby because he doesn't know where the plot is, also he smells so bad that she notices it while he's ten-twenty feet away" has convinced me that we are actually reading the strip Jonah's snotty nephew wrote to smear him.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm dying. This Punisher arc has killed me

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"Is killing people. . . Bad?!"

This is so lame! :lol:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He's going to rebrand from The Punisher to The Admonisher.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the pinkerton edits were a more coherent story.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

:frog:

I thought the whole point of the punisher is that he's a vigilante, knows he's on the wrong side of the law, and is fine with it, because extrajudicial justice is the only justice some people will ever get. Sorry lady, but you're covering for someone who...

What has he done again?

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 27, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

God, it's hilarious.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

In a very different kind of story, the self-righteous vigilante saying "That's the downside of being a vigilante. You end up becoming the thing you hate the most." would be a telling moment of self reflection.

glad the KBC guy can tell righ toff the bat Spidey can't act

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If they made a show based on the true stories of NSM’s adventures he’d be an even bigger laughing stock than he is with Spidery-Sam

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:fireman:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Was thinking of sticking Frankencastle in there but its already so perfect.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Escobarbarian posted:

If they made a show based on the true stories of NSM’s adventures he’d be an even bigger laughing stock than he is with Spidery-Sam

"Wait, you stole the Desert Star?"
"Yeah...but I put it back."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MorningMoon posted:

glad the KBC guy can tell righ toff the bat Spidey can't act

And thus were the Spidey Super Stories born.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Escobarbarian posted:

Episode one: "So I, Peter Parker, was bitten by a radioactive spider..."

("Oh no...what if this tv show makes people realize that Peter Parker is Spiderman?! :ohdear:")

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Haifisch posted:

Episode one: "So I, Peter Parker, was bitten by a radioactive spider..."

("Oh no...what if this tv show makes people realize that Peter Parker is Spiderman?! :ohdear:")

I know, I'll just do the ol' swap the first and last initial trick! Devilishly clever, "Peter Parker"....

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I think my favourite part of Spider-Man losing his mind over this dumb comic strip is, this is Spider-Man!
More so than many other heroes, Spider-Man's rogues gallery hates him on a personal level, they are willing to go to prison just for an opportunity to punch him in the mouth.

And the reason they hate him is the fact he never shuts the gently caress up, he is constantly making fun of them, quipping like an rear end in a top hat and giving them childish nick names.

So it's hilarious seeing him getting so pissed over a comic strip that's basically the equivalent of a five year imitating a teacher they don't like by talking in a silly voice.

Pulsarcat fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 27, 2024

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Imagine if the Spider-Sam arc had been around for the real roid rage years. His teeth would have exploded by now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
You just don't understand, MJ. This comic depicts me - Spider-man - as a *pig*. They have to die tonight.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

davidspackage posted:

You just don't understand, MJ. This comic depicts me - Spider-man - as a *pig*. They have to die tonight.

Look at this guy not appreciating Spider Ham

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Hmmm, against all odds the situation has been resolved peacefully, now, what can I do to gently caress this up?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:psyduck:

This is WWE levels of contrived

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Excellent, the Owl is going to court! Now we can finally find out what the Hell he even did!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nsm is going to call the fashion police, who will arrest owl for fashion crimes. he will be held in a fashion jail until his fashion trial by fashion jury. the sentence is, of course, death.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For some reason the composition of this final panel is giving me Ralph Steadman vibes.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

At the time of the stripe Brandon Tartikoff either was or had been the head of NBC. That might be where Brandon K Brandon got his name.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Darth Brooks posted:

At the time of the stripe Brandon Tartikoff either was or had been the head of NBC. That might be where Brandon K Brandon got his name.

December of '88 right now so Brandon Tartikoff was the current head of NBC. Was gonna say they didn't reference him too much with how much heavier K Brandon is, but looking at them closer the artist really nails the crooked smile, huh.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

For some reason the composition of this final panel is giving me Ralph Steadman vibes.

Funny you should say that, there's an HST quote I think would fit NSM. "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I would have gone with "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

MorningMoon posted:

December of '88 right now so Brandon Tartikoff was the current head of NBC. Was gonna say they didn't reference him too much with how much heavier K Brandon is, but looking at them closer the artist really nails the crooked smile, huh.

Huh, the name jumped out at me but I decided it was probably just the name alliteration that plagues comics. Real world satire? In my Newspaper Spider-Man? It's more likely than you think.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

There was a fly-by shooting just yesterday ( I think ) and an assassination attempt a day or so before that. drat towns jaded.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Ikasuhito posted:

Excellent, the Owl is going to court! Now we can finally find out what the Hell he even did!

He apparently ordered two of his goons to get into a street shootout with the police. Something he could face charges for, but it's not the stuff of a storied criminal mastermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013