Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Owl is one of the most incompetent villains purely out of inaction. He just ordered a couple goons around at most, and they were ready to rat him out. The wife just sitting in their living room and him locking it the gently caress up and hoping she doesn't hear him talk shop with a goon he threw out the window is quite up there in dumb things. Like, my avian in christ, once Spider-man came knocking how did you ever hope to keep the gig goign without your wife finding out? "Husband, dear, why is Spider-man in a cage next to the laundry room? are you crimeing again?"
in short, NSM delivers the best arc yet again

Peter's a dumb rear end in a top hat too focused on his wife making more money than him in like 40% of the stories... but I kinda really like this strip. He (thinks) he finally has the dough and his first instinct is to dote MJ as much as he can. First the dinner, then this. He's being selfish here not thinking much of her feelings (but her feelings come from the obvious logic of him not even getting paid yet, which he cannot understand) but I do really really like that his obsession with making it big never really comes from wanting the things he could never afford for himself, it's always because he feels MJ deserves better than what he could give her after a lifetime of scraping by for himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
awww that’s really cute. can’t wait for it to turn out he’s getting no money for the show and then they end up on the street

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I wonder if the other dramatic strips have coherent stories or if writing for people with the memory of a goldfish is just part of the form.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MorningMoon posted:

Holy poo poo she really hosed off and got divorced.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

NEXT: OWL-IMONY!

Incredible.

Sockser posted:

MJ is horny when Pete tells her he ruined a man's life today

No, she's horny that he didn't take any pictures that there's no way he could explain away as "uh spider man told me to be in this top story apartment, it was gonna be exciting!"

For once, a glimmer of intelligence.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Even if Peter had gotten pictures, JJJ has no idea who THE OWL! is. He would've just gotten the same response as when he tried to sell those Punisher photos at the beginning of the arc.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cattail Prophet posted:

Even if Peter had gotten pictures, JJJ has no idea who THE OWL! is. He would've just gotten the same response as when he tried to sell those Punisher photos at the beginning of the arc.
Breaking News: Man In Cape Hanging Around In Penthouse Apartment

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This is the first time Peter hears about the Owl

Murdstone posted:

Police are going to find a shot-up body webbed to the street light.
And this is the second

This is, seemingly, the only time the Punisher hears about the Owl
Worth noting that the Punisher shook down a man for the crime of "leaving the Owl's apartment" and found out that Spider-Man knows the Owl. The Punisher does not know who the Owl is and, again, the Owl has not committed a single crime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love how the clever plan of turning punisher and nsm against each other didn't work at all because of how lame the execution was.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shortly after that criminal mentions Owl in the first page we get this one. So I guess he was just listening.

quote:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wonder if the crooks will hold another crime lord election

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

RIP NSM TV Show

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

lol and :rip:

Even though he has someone telling him frequently that he has no idea what sort of money he's even going to earn, he already went deep into debt in just a day or two.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Emphasis on the "day or two", he could've gotten home from the meeting to drag MJ to dinner and the horse ride and this is just the next morning.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo, this is incredible.

"Spider-Man, I wanna make a show and you can be the consultant!"
"Great, I'm in!"
"gently caress that guy."

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Hygiene posted:

My prediction, he gets cold feet or backs out for other reasons and they realize that they can just hire some rando and license Spidery-Sam for the show. Cut to Spidey vandalizing a TV shop for daring to tune in on its display screens :arghfist::spidey:

Do it, Spidey, you know you want to :yeshaha:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, this is incredible.

"Spider-Man, I wanna make a show and you can be the consultant!"
"Great, I'm in!"
"gently caress that guy."

That's showbiz!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

RIP NSM TV Show

Maybe if he looked into Peter's actual adventures Spider-an would make him laugh as much as Spidery Sam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he decided to get in on this "spiderman" fad at the exact moment the world ditched it for the new hotness, spidery sam.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Excited to see what new excuses Jameson comes up with to avoid paying his nephew after he signs this TV deal.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Excited to see what new excuses Jameson comes up with to avoid paying his nephew after he signs this TV deal.

"Well you see I originally came up with the idea for the strip myself and it's in my newspaper and you work for me (unpaid), therefore I have the right to make use of anythin-" *sister-in-law crushes Jonah's head like an overripe tomato*

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ARRGH! Cattail Prophet said the N-WORD! :negative:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oh man Peter's gonna explode

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This guy seems cool, I wanna see a TV show about him!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Is this an early version of The Tick?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It looks like they took away Tarantula's gimmick.

\

He has spikes in his shoes that are poisoned. (Smaller claws on his gloves as well to assist in climbing too)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Those thugs are only trying to raise money so one of them can get a liver transplant.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jameson is getting the high of his life right now and doesn't even know why

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Newspaper Spider-Man: Hey, I'm into polyester.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

"If Spidery Sam is so great then how come he isn't an Avenger?" -Peter probably in the next 5 minutes.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

SilverSupernova posted:

"If Spidery Sam is so great then how come he isn't an Avenger?" -Peter probably in the next 5 minutes.

Ah, but you see Spidery Sam is a founding member and leader of his own team, "The Adventurers"!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

This lady is actually asking exactly the right questions. Will his suit shrink to the size of a spider if he puts it on the Hot setting?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Personally, I prefer the goofier foot spikes.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Peter, didn't you just say you didn't take any pictures of the Owl?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That was a whole week ago, who can even say at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Even with the Owl arc concluded, additional facts are being added that do not align with anything that happened during the Owl arc

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so there's no actual villain in the spidery sam arc, correct? it's just a goofy sitcom where the world mildly antagonizes peter while he overreacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so there's no actual villain in the spidery sam arc, correct? it's just a goofy sitcom where the world mildly antagonizes peter while he overreacts.

What do you mean? Spider-Man is right there. He's already attacked one person for no reason and is clearly a danger to others.