Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So did Aunt May’s frustrated near-marriage to Mole Man reference the other time she almost married him? That was only five or six years ago, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The newspaper strip takes place in 1990 at the absolute latest. I’m pretty sure the artist was doing Web of Spiderman at that time, so it checks out.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did Stan do this loving strip up until the day he died? He may have been a credit-stealing scumbag, but that’s some real work ethic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who’s drawing the Sunday strip now? It looks much nicer than Saviuk’s used to look. Look at the detail and soft lines on Peter’s face when he’s talking on the phone.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The MSJ posted:

This Luke Cage storyline is inspired by the incident where Terry Crews was sexually harassed.

Terry Crews is the perfect NSM Luke Cage.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does spiderman ever go to bed, or does he just lurch endlessly from one adventure to the next with only a recap strip back at home talking to his wife before the phone rings again or a drunk Wolverine busts through the wall?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Next: The Parkers detour and get to the airport safely!

“That sure was weird of Luke Cage to rob that truck. Oh well. On to Australia!”

Next: Australia!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Just what the gently caress are you implying by putting “hero” in quotation marks when talking about a black superhero, spiderman?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

A little late but I finally saw Into The SpiderVerse and it's loving amazing and there is a ton in there that invokes the spirit of Newspaper Spider-Man wonderfully.

It is almost certainly the best spider-man movie ever made.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So will the repeated strips canonically be that Peter is endlessly flashing back to past events because of the heavy brain damage he has suffered from all the blows to his head, ala Mahershala Ali in the most recent True Detective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It could have been the first 25 years.