Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

boing boing where am I going

I love how if you look at his leg in the second panel you can really obviously see the gashes that are supposed to be skin-colored and the big surrounding bloodstain that's supposed to be red, but the weekday colorist was either too stupid to realize it wasn't badly drawn wrinkles or was just like "gently caress it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I can't believe how stupid and nonchalant he is about it even beyond the fact that his blood will eventually replace Peter's.

Yes, I have highly irradiated blood in my veins, the effects of which have been shown to be incredibly toxic in other permutations of this universe (if you want to take that awful comic where MJ got cancer as canon). I have no worries about this having effects on me. I apparently believe I will always be irradiated for the rest of my life and cannot conceive that this could have dangerous effects on me now that I'm effectively a civilian

NEXT: A slow painful death due to a lethal dose of radioactivity!

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

If someone wants to help make this happen, i'll consider doing it in a few weeks during testing.

I'd be down to edit a bunch of strips to have blank word bubbles. How many would you need?

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Did we even get an explanation for why he's the Hulk again?

Taking bets on:
1. His Spider blood was recycled out of his body! In a single day! In a matter of hours! That's totally how it works! And the Lizard will be stopped via the same method!
2. He just had to get pissed off enough, and his "friends" (or just the presence of someone more likable than Spiderman) being in danger was enough to provoke that
3. He finally adjusted to the blood and now has extra spider strength. It's like wearing in a new pair of shoes, there's an adjustment period
4. It will literally never be explained, and gently caress you

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

local reporter found stabbed
Yet another "I had to see if this wasn't an edit" comic.

Crouching Dragon street? Really?

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I wish that girl Iron Fist with the energy bow was here instead of incompetent orientalist One Punch Man

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I can't even fathom how you make a mistake like that with your coloring? Like, it looks worse than if you'd just left the blade uncolored white? :psyduck:

Who looks at a loving katana and says "yes, terracotta will do fine"?

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

I'd guess because a wooden sword is far less lethal, and we can't have the good guys SLICE-ing up mobsters. (What they should be doing is putting them into hibernation by eliminating all breathable air. Or ripping off chunks of their flesh with their bare hands.)

I started to be like, "but that doesn't make sense, why would the wooden sword cut effortlessly through steel but not a human body".

Then I realized the truth.

Some of the guns are real, but the rest are also made of wood. This explains why none of these three superheroes have been shot to death instantly by a constant barrage of bullets from very angry career criminals.

It all makes sense!

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I sincerely can't believe that Mary Jane is going to save the day. Again. They've made a point of Cage feeling inferior and his pride being wounded, and in any other comic he would get to have his cool guy moment where he punches the cylinder from Kilgrave's hands or something.

But instead, she's genuinely just gonna throw a blanket over his head or some poo poo. And it's gonna work because something something his powers won't work unless he can actually see you.

It's honestly kind of badass how much she regularly gets to play a part despite being a normal human. I haven't read much of the actual comics but she doesn't do that normally, right? Like, the only reason she can play such a powerful supporting role is specifically because everyone else is wildly incompetent in this universe?

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Her big smile and shrug is so adorably sitcom-esque. I can't believe they're having this cartoonishly cheerful ending to an arc where everyone involved tried to kill each other multiple times.

Everything worked out ok! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I for one would be fine with someone reposting old comics daily. Maybe start in the 90s or early 00s. The newspaper comic thread does it a lot already.