Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
Better hope Bruce doesn't stub his toe getting off the boat, because Spidey just ditched his wife with the Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

dupersaurus posted:

Countdown to Spider-Man_loss.jpg

I actually did one for the old CTRL-ALT-DEL mock thread years ago:

Unfortunately, it has a distinct lack of Dr. Connors and His Magical, Self-Repairing Pants.

Stahlgeist fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 6, 2018

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
What's great about the first panel is that Spider-Man could just peek out of the viewing window in the door, but insists on throwing it wide open so The Lizard sees him.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh no he's turning into a pirate

Some serious Dominic Deegan flashbacks from that second panel.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
The final caption completely ignores Spider-Man's current peril to ask "What IS the Reptilian Revolt?".

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
There's a strange trend in this comic where everyone, regardless of how evil or irascible, seems to get along with Mary Jane. The Lizard even told her where he was going.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
"SWATT!"

The gator that got swat looks like it was standing on two legs before Spidey put an end to its affront against nature.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Samuringa posted:

No GROOONK or ROOOONK, NSM is still superior.

I don't know, that version of the Lizard has a train. NSM the Lizard hasn't got a train.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
It's like the graduation scene at the end of a movie, except they're throwing reptiles instead of silly hats.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
The Lizard knew what was coming and tried to save his misguided friend from ending up in a now gator-infested New Jersey.

Edit: ^^ Holy poo poo. :laffo:

Stahlgeist fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 26, 2018

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
He got better.

"He'd be devoured if he found out his father turns into a MONSTER!"

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

MJ beefing up her neck after seeing what happened to Gwen.

Oh, snap!

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Samuringa posted:

"who gives a poo poo about proper signs, I'll just scribble all over this garbage"

There are genuine han zi characters there, but I don't remember enough Mandarin to put together whether they say anything coherent. I see the characters for the numbers 8 and 4, the sun, and the character for "middle". I'm going to assume that it's hastily thrown together characters, but it would be interesting to find out if the signs have any actual meaning.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Just various squashed bugs

The splotches on that sign to the right in the first panel look like Pokemon silhouettes.

The one in the centre looks like an off-model Magikarp.

Edit:

Stahlgeist fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 25, 2018

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
So this giant screen that the underlings use to covertly communicate with the Kingpin is in immediate reach of (and probably also visible and audible from) the front door.

Love this comic.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
It's probably all the Star Wars talk in the Internet Personality thread, but in spite of the punctuation, that last line by Peter there made me think he was doing a bad Yoda impression.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

It's like one of those stills from an episode of The Simpsons.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
One of the two owners became a supervillain, the other took on the living alien costume of another supervillain.

Not sure whether the Green Goblin or Agent Venom were swingers, though.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
JJJ is going to go on a rampage over all the arseprints on his wall.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
Considering how often he reminds his villains that spiders are arachnids and not insects, you'd think he'd be able to distinguish apes and monkeys.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
Spider-Man's visibly in some form of distress as the cage is being shrouded in smoke and disappearing, and the audience's only reaction is "Oh wow, what an exit!" :allears:

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Maybe I've lost track of the million or so Goblins running around, but that looks more like the Green Goblin than the Hobgoblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Crossover event where Archie has left Riverdale for the big city and runs afoul of Spider-Man by renting the apartment he wanted.