Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So fun fact this is a actually a thing. Kingpin is really into Japanese Culture, Art and History. He actully just moved to Japan once when he retired from crime at one point.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

He's originally a Spider-man villain, Daredevil just stole him in the 80s because all of his own villains are embarrassing losers.

Killgrave is pretty popular now as a general Marvel villain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spidey's obsession with getting that 1000 is still great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A thousand bucks is a lot of money to most, to be fair. I'm part-time, and it's more than I make in a month.

Oh I agree. It's still funny.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dimestore Merlin posted:

I swear that was an actual gag in one of the latter-day strips. Like, he goes into the bank as Peter with a check made out to Spider-Man and does an "Oh no!" right before getting to the teller.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shelob's not actually a spider, but more a spider shaped demon. In the book she is described as having even less spider like features. Having chitinous armour, and insect like compound eyes. Along with immunity to all mundane weapons, and resistance to magical one. (A magic weapon can harm her, but you need to either hit her in a soft part, or be stupidly strong to pierce any other part of her body, which Shelob was she accidently stabbed herself with Sam's magic sword.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Kingpin's overweight with muscle cause he works out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Walker posted:

The wrist knife thing also makes his hand spin around.

Funny enough this dialogue is completely lifted from his first fight with Kingpin back in Spider-man 51-52. Were Spiderman did have the advantage in a straight fight, but was caught off guard by Kingpin's speed and strength. Spidey lost that fight because Kingpin bear hugged him, and hit him with knockout gas he kept in his broach.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It happens several times in Ultimate Spider-Man the guys are more upset that a kid was kicking their asses then anything. But yeah they have no idea who he is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Chameleon or Mysterio?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

This is just kind of great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God he didn't call the cops or anything, despite telling Lessinger Kingpin would go to jail (temporarily). Holy poo poo, he really did just gently caress off and go (to the airport and then to) home!

No he never said Kingpin would go to jail. He just said that Fisk would get pissed, and lay low for a while until he comes up with another scheme

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Walker posted:

Peter has already forgotten his weeks of being harassed by a TV doctor followed by his encounter with Kingpin.

He just called Kingpin a gorilla.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

It's funny cause I don't think Spider-Man thinking he is crazy is even Kingpin's plan here.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Walker posted:

"Wait, what? Reporting on the mob could be dangerous? Why didn't anyone tell me?!"

Funny enough that happened in Kingpin's first appearance. He had JJJ kidnapped then told him that he would only report details about Kingpin's empires crimes if Kingpin allowed it. Jameson refused and Kingpin just told his goons to kill Jameson and they would see if they would have better luck with his successor.

Also wonder if Tombstone will be targeting Robbie here.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Alhazred posted:

There's three windows he can jump out of!

And Raskin will just reload his gun again instead of shooting him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Walker posted:

What's he's name? He's name is Sam!

Raskin even made his men reload again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Walker posted:

Terrible trigger discipline.

Wait stop we need to check our guns again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qwertycoatl posted:

So where's the real janitor?

Probably were MorningMoon said.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Binary Badger posted:

A thousands year old robot that's smart enough to execute verbal commands but dumb enough to just stand there while Peter rips his head open.. I dunno.

All it's gotta do is slap the back of its head and two mediocre threats to its function are gone.

Remember that Ronan was likewise incapable of smacking the back of his head.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Do cults normally call themselves cults?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I'd like to request Clown 9 next I didn't start reading this thread until after that and have only seen a few panels.

I think Clown 9 comes after the Taggert arc. That's what I read at least.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also is not framing someone for a crime a worse crime then sexual harassment. He only has more to lose if he admits the whole scheme.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Walker posted:

I like crazy-eyes MJ.

I wonder what the point of Teri being forced into helping instead of a willing accomplice was. Cause it seemed there was no punishment for the villain, he just told her to drop the case, and Spidey did nothing to help her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just learned that apparently Spider-Man not being able to cash his check thing was from Amazing Spider-Man #1.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Murdstone posted:

Did you guys know Hooper said he was a toymaker and wanted to make a Spider-Man action figure and he gave Spider-Man a check for $5000 and it bounced and now he's nowhere to be seen?

It feels like this is the only thing this comic has said for over a week.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
"No one knows why Spider-Man has suddenly turned criminal. But it's probably an imposter like the last 20 times this has happened."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

evilmiera posted:

Why in the world would spinning really fast do anything but crush your brain or keep blood from going where it needs to go (unless you're the Flash of course).

Actually since the Flash is kind of a moron he must have been REALLY dumb before he got fast
He's kind of silly period.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RbyM6PQDPs&ab_channel=RebelHideOut

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Murdstone posted:

lol

Just lol

Oh god he actually went out of the house with nearly empty web fluid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Murdstone posted:

Did Sipowitz give her a shot so she wouldn't remember any of that?

Yes, but you can see why the comics became so much more recapy, cause that plot detail was forgotten.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So long as Hooper and Fake Spider-Man keep moving it’s true Spider-Man has no way of catching them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay so I was right, instead of being smart and leaving town, the villains are thinking "He won't come get us here!" and just stick around. They showed such promise, too, but I guess becoming an incredible moron is just inevitable in the NSM universe.

Well no they want to do one more job then leave. They just are not in a super huge rush.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember they were doing crimes in New York while Spider-Man was around just fine. The only reason they moved is cause Fake Spider-Man did an unsanctioned crime giving Real Spider-Man an alibi.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Murdstone posted:

Spider-Man crossing the National Mall would be more like that scene on the golf course in Homecoming.

Yes your Spider-Sense will find him, like it succeeded at the last what 3 times you tried this tactic?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I starting to think the entire get Spidey to show me his moves plan of Hooper was quite pointless. As this guy just seems to be a guy in a Spidey suit and nothing else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Haifisch posted:

Have I mentioned lately that I love this stupid comic? (all timelines)

Well this is amusing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twelve by Pies posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man was completely defeated by a guy in a clown suit, so I feel like it's a given that a muscular guy in a cheap Spider-Man costume with gyroscopes down his pants will probably be at least slightly more dangerous. So I can't wait to see Spidey get utterly trounced by this dude.

That's the arc after this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Verant posted:

finally, I'll get to experience the madness that is Clown 9 in real time.

I have never read it, so I am looking forward to seeing what it's about.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Murdstone posted:

While I haven't looked ahead, I'm pretty sure Clown 9 isn't showing up in the next arc I post if that's what you mean.

Ah that may be my mistake then. I thought it was after this one for some reason. Well whatever I am looking forward to the journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

So I am pretty sure this guy has nothing. Even Nino had arcobatics and a web gun.