Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yes that's exactly why they decided to get hitched again since he was exiled to the surface this time.

Wasn't it the same drat priest, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Elfface posted:

Have another highlight from the high-point of 2017 - Spider-Man's cameo in the Heroic Adventures Of Mole-Man

It's like a child hiding behind a curtain, not realizing their feet are sticking out.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

There's that one issue of Spider-Man and the X-Men when he explains why he couldn't monetize his powers without exposing his identity, and gets all lovely when the students start explaining how he could have set up shell companies and trusts to make money without exposing his family :laugh:

Is that the one where he teaches a class at Xavier's school? That mini series is loving awesome.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

I love how if you look at his leg in the second panel you can really obviously see the gashes that are supposed to be skin-colored and the big surrounding bloodstain that's supposed to be red, but the weekday colorist was either too stupid to realize it wasn't badly drawn wrinkles or was just like "gently caress it".

Pretty sure "gently caress it" is the week day colorist's catch phrase. See Kala's "there it is-now it's gone-there it is" décolletage.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It *might* work? Where the gently caress did you get your MD? Of course it will work.

All they had to do was make Peter any of the "+" blood types to rule him out.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

uPen posted:

The real question is how are we going to get from here to JJJ being the NSM Red Hulk?

OMG! The Red Hulk with a Hitler mustache!?

I will dedicate the remainder of my life to charitable good works if this happens.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's like that logic puzzle where you need to make 3 litres of water from jugs that hold 7 and 5, only the jugs are superheros and the water is a variety of irradiated blood

I'd say that puzzle is *just* the right level to completely stump Peter.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm the nurse's lazy eye

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:golfclap:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That whole series is magical.

The series just jumped about 5 years (I think?) a couple issues ago. May is now 17 or so.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

goatface posted:

What benefits would Spider Hulk even get? The ability to hang on walls? He does that already by just driving his fingers into them like the pathetic excuse for solids that they are.

More arms for more HULK SMASH

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

How is MJ not the ruler of the world in the NSM universe?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Imagine her hair and smock color strobing if this was animated.

Maybe she has the proportionate camouflage powers of a cuttlefish*. What's going on is too confusing for her to settle on a single color palette.

* - as the result of a blood transfusion.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:perfect:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

W-wouldn't it be easier... the other way...?

Stunt manikin(?) restriction. Faux Peter would have boobs.

MJ must have had an ACE bandage as well.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He definitely banged the back of his neck in that second panel. Everything here on out is Spidey's delusional final moments of life.

This is all going to end with a final panel of Peter staring into a snow globe with Uncle Ben looking sadly on.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Homing pigeons can go 90mph, so that's not too shameful. They're the fastest bird in terms of wing propelled flight (peregrine falcons are the fastest in absolute velocity -- 200mph dives)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

I cant believe you would leave out the best part

I love Snowflame. :allears:

Did Snowflame’s origin involve lightning striking a hedge fund or something? Or maybe it was from shoddy wiring in a discotheque bathroom.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

She'll step out onto the roof and use her acting abilities to convince the The Lizard that she's fallen for him, and wants him to turn her into a The Lizard too. He'll be completely taken by it, and let his guard down, at which point a Cessna prop plane and pilot she purchased on the way up will fly over him and dump The Lizard antidote all over him.

A side effect of the gamma irradiated blood will leave Conners with both arms, and he and Banner will go off to try to use gamma irradiation for good.

In some nutty way, Spider-man will have won.

Spider-Man's most effective weapon is his wife.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love when Spider-Man totally cuts loose and ends up stunning people who thought they knew his limits.

I’m really, really hoping Peter gets a moment like that in the Avengers movie.

E: poo poo forgot I was in the NSM thread. Thanos will probably take him out with a brick anyhow.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

maybe it will be like a tarantula and he'll be able to fire the stubble as a defense mechanism.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Oh man, MJ's face :allears:

When did she start taking steroids.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love this thread so, so much

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Can you make a really big version of it so I can use it as a wallpaper

Oh god, yes!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OK. That tag-line in the last panel is loving brilliant. It's like there's a whole other person who does the "Next:" part on Sunday strips, and they're a loving genius at it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Not Kate Beaton.

This is the strip in question (the last one specifically)

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=285

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

i am so sorry i keep making these

:five:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

The lizard......is a bad guy!?!

Your post just pushed me over the edge of “hearing” all of Pete’s lines as Derek Zoolander now.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pretty sure it's only been weeks. Tops.

She's still on her PR tour for her direct to video movie.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I...

What?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

God bless this thread.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Our hero-- using second-degree murder to get what he wants

There’s no real proof, the most they can get him on is negligent homicide.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

"Hulk feel kinship with fellow purple pants man. Hulk know how hard it is find purple pants that last. You leave this to Hulk, Hulk not let friend get pants dirtier if Hulk can help it."

“The secret during transitions is the double-knit fabric”

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God drat I love that Hulk still has Dr Conners tucked under his arm.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Brotherhood of the Expanding Pants

:five:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

goatface posted:

Iron Fist is also the Immortal Weapon of Kun Lun, one of the seven cities of heaven that align with the Earth-normal every so often and merge into one big city called the Heart of Heaven every 88 years. Then they hold a big old fighting tournament.

He is good buds with Luke Cage and sometimes beats up hoodlums with him. He is both a street-level guy and mystical-bullshit tier.

Other immortal weapons include Fat Cobra, who is great.

Fat Cobra is the best.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I’m a little... concerned about skin tone the colorist gave to Jimmy Woo. It’s smacks a little of the Yellow Peril from old WWII comics.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

There is definitely a beard-war going on between Sunday and Weekday illustrators/colorists

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

ITYM 'maggiaso'

I don’t think grinding your pelvis against her is going to help, Pete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I’ll admit, I’m curious as to what the Eastern laws of physics are.