Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Over an issue we keep seeing him be upset about, that his wife makes more money than him.

The Emasculated Amazing Spider-Man, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I've always depended on the kindness of lizards

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Murdstone posted:

With my powers I could catch that roadrunner and sell it to that coyote! Look how much he spends on that ACME stuff! I’d make a fortune!

Look at all these inspection jobs I can do without any safety equipment, or fall protection gear! And with my spider sense for danger, I'll know right away if I don't remember to lock-out tag-out! Heavy industry, here I come!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MonsterEnvy posted:

He also tried to be a street performer before Jameson drove him away.

Jameson says he does not like Spiderman but demands pictures of Spiderman incessantly. Curious. :thunk:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he could instead believe spiderman is his wife, but that's an entirely different sort of story.

:getin:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

"Me? Rob an armored car? I was just out for a Sunday drive with Spider Man's mom lol Aunt, it couldn't have been me that punched that guard with a metal tentacle!"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

She's the fall gal. Otto's going to tell the cops that May knocked out some guards and ripped the door off the armoured car. No one will question it.

"It must have been her metal tentacles surgically attached to her body, which she then quietly removed and left no trace of!"

The spider man universe really is amazing

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Murdstone posted:

If Peter could get some villains in on this, they could make a fortune. Peter's wrestling Shocker, about to pin him, when suddenly 'Thunderstruck' starts playing, the announcer yells "IS THAT ELECTRO'S MUSIC I HEAR" the crowd goes wild and Electro makes his entrance.

He could be the legit Vince McMahon, except that this storyline was all far, far earlier than WrestleMania and wrestling was seedy places with 100 people in the audience.

Vince McMahon walked so that you could wall crawl, Spiderman.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Hmmm, if only there was some way to know that extensive testing was required before moving to human trials!

Hell with that, I need a new arm more than some mouse does!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

100% needs the head tilt though

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Spectator: Hey look, that guy pretending to be Spider-Man just made a terrible decision based on shoddy thinking that has no logical basis! He.... hey...... wait a second......... :aaa:

Also, he seems to be able to walk on walls too.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

The slap heard round the sewer

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

"But Redford isn't out to destroy Spider Man!" Just shows what you don't know, Stan Lee.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Ah, the 80s, when this was somehow considered charming for women to hear and not extremely concerning.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Murdstone posted:

Fans are going to love watching him run around the ring avoiding the other wrestlers the whole match! That’s what they watch wrestling for!

It's me, the fan who wants to watch a skinny guy do a zoidberg woOOOP Woop woop woop woop woop around the ring for two minutes, growing ever more disappointed that Jimmy "The Pectorals" does not seem to be able to just crush the guy's head in his fist.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Pseudohog posted:

There was this 'classic' from UFC - the fans started to get rather bored I think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_plQnUT92bo

:stare:

Gotta admit, that's something I haven't seen before. Ok, go be your best not-self in the ring, spidey!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Looking forward to spider man realizing too late that this miiiight accidently kill his friend unless he gets lizard out immediately after incapacitation.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

Peter that's a vial of piss, you just made anti-piss.

It's not anti piss, it's just weirdly bubbling semi-sludge piss. It's piss but worse.

Peter, you made piss worse somehow.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Magnificent

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Watch out, Peter, there's a giant shadow monster behind you!;

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

rear end in a top hat really showed up to throw his jacket on the chair, put it back on, and leave lol

:females: only want one thing and hell, same

Females only know wrestling, sling hash and guys

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Sockser posted:

Pete, you just administered a The Lizard antidote to the floor, did you even consider what the ramifications of that would be?!

The floor is going to lose an arm

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I would like to think that the gunshots are people shooting at spider man.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Peter confronts the question of whether he really CAN have it all: A family, a career path, a ridiculous wrestling side gig, AND being a superhero!

(He cannot)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Could have just said they were homemade, because he's a big spider fan.

Technically still true!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

"The Hippo never laid a hand on him!" he says, after the Hippo had Spiderman in a hold.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

That.... that wouldn't hold up in court, Peter. In fact it's a crime. You're committing a crime!

I mean, he's a vigilante, he's ALWAYS committing crimes, but this one is particularly heinous!

JJJ was right???????

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:frogbon:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

I've been staring at this arc for so long now that I kinda forgot how dumb this underground experiment is

Iron Mike over here is going to rob the wrestling club, and spider man is going to just let him go because "hey, I'm not the REAL spider man," before finding out that his inaction caused the murder of a resurrected uncle Ben.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Snackmar posted:

A daily letter? Holy crap if anyone I know sent me a paper letter in the mail every day I'd move away with no forwarding address :stare:

It's the 80s, it's this or phone sex, and the long distance prices are still more obscene than they would be!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:allears:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Haifisch posted:

With lying skills this good, it's no wonder nobody suspects that Peter Parker is Spiderman.

You mean the professor, saying that being a TA is just a few hours per week, and not effectively teaching classes for him or grading all the homework?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Jeez Peter, learn to satisfy your wife would you?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

This implies that MJ thinks the spider sense works like in all other media while Newspaper Peter is fully aware that it just does whatever it wants

Middle school boy spider sense

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Red Warrior posted:

"Oh hey dude is that the locket I stole from that old lady a month ago?"
"Aw nice of you to notice, yeah, after you gave it to me I was gonna fence it but just thought it looked good on me ya know?"
"Yeah cool man, it totally suits you, glad you like it."
"Thanks buddy, let's go rob someone else, maybe we'll find something nice for you too."

:kimchi:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

"The guy who shoots spider webbing definitely couldn't have just done that again and used the momentum to swing through the door on the other side! I am a very smart criminal, and

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Dude's gonna get nothing but perverts

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I think you found a ghost Peter, sorry

:iit:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

But doctor, I am spider man!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

Oh poo poo, Spidey's dead!

Nah, they just shot him in the Mysterio, that part is pretty survivable.