Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CharlestheHammer posted:

Deathstroke end credits stinger as well.

Presidential extended universe baby.

Change that to Sirhan Sirhan and a newspaper that says "BOBBY WILL RUN" and we've got a deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Leon Czolgosz better get his own Netflix series that ties in with the PEU.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I thought the story of one of Washington's generals who didn't get Washington's job and turned around and offer royalty to the Brits was pretty interesting. Was that Lee?

In a Snyder movie, Shirtless Washington would be power kicking him down the Hudson river.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Neo Rasa posted:

He does this but then time freezes and he has a one hour long philosophical conversation with extra dimensional beings and then time unfreezes and he realizes he must fake his own death for [techno babble balance of the multiverse] reasons which is why none of the theories over what happened quite work and then the last shot is like the end of BvS with the dirt rising off the coffin.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Deathstroke end credits stinger as well.

Presidential extended universe baby.

so just to be clear this is all canon with the Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer right?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

so just to be clear this is all canon with the Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer right?
Both are part of the Bubba Ho-Tep cinematic universe.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fart City posted:

A Teddy Roosevelt movie but it’s just him piledriving American cryptids like Hagger from Final Fight

Just make a series of movies based on this guy's paintings:

This Washington he did is pretty much exactly what the thread has been talking about :

https://www.deviantart.com/sharpwriter/gallery/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Casimir Radon posted:

Both are part of the Bubba Ho-Tep cinematic universe.

Why can't Netflix crank out ten episodes of this?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The best way to do a modern King Arthur movie is to have it take place in the modern day and be based on the renfair dorks who are literally fighting with the Nazis who want to take over their community.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

Why can't Netflix crank out ten episodes of this?

They probably already did, who can tell

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Fart City posted:

A Teddy Roosevelt movie but it’s just him piledriving American cryptids like Hagger from Final Fight

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I want Jurassic World III, Theodore Rex

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Leon Czolgosz better get his own Netflix series that ties in with the PEU.

Working man, born in the middle of Michigan

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Fart City posted:

Oh! My Caribou!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fart City posted:

A Cassius Clay film (no, not him) showing why was a better debater then Teddy Roosevelt.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Samovar posted:

A Cassius Clay film (no, not him) showing why was a better debater then Teddy Roosevelt.

Don't mess with our national parks that are shut down.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

tino posted:

I want Jurassic World III, Theodore Rex

Sic semper tyrannosaurus

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

There is no joy in Spawnville, Mighty MacFarlane has struck out

https://twitter.com/ThePlaylist/status/1080497719154593793

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tars Tarkas posted:

There is no joy in Spawnville, Mighty MacFarlane has struck out

https://twitter.com/ThePlaylist/status/1080497719154593793

So Batman vs Superman

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Is anyone really that excited about Spawn these days?

I was never a comic book guy, but Spawn seemed to be at it's peak in the 90's, because it was new, and not DC or Marvel.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Shageletic posted:

Probs too late but the title should be Lifetime is Actually Great And

about 70% done but haven't picked a thread title yet besides going to pick one of the misspellings of Greenlighted that was listed, so could easily use one of the suggested thread titles as well. 2019 doesn't seem to have a clear theme, just more of the same. Shooting for early afternoon

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost

Guyver posted:

Wasn't the thing that impressed the French about Washington was his ability to effectively withdrawal the rabble he had for an army when he did mess up.

Yeah Washington was actually really good at retreating which sounds like a back-handed compliment but when you keep losing battle after battle but you continue to withdraw from the field with a cohesive army that's a legit military skill. It's not gonna win any wars but it might keep things going long enough for other factors to turn your way, which is basically what happened.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Apparently Ellen Ripley and/or Newt nearly made a cameo at the end of The Predator.
:psyduck:

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Wasn't one of Washington's big things that he kept wanting a giant open field battle like your "supposed" to do and was annoyed that they were stuck doing guerilla tactics even though those were way more effective than getting crushed by an experienced army in a straight up fight would have been?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Can we just call the Alien and Predator (and Terminator) franchises done yet?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Can we just call the Alien and Predator (and Terminator) franchises done yet?

What's up with Terminator 6 anyway? We had two failed THE START OF A WHOLE NEW TRILOGY!!!!!! attempts in Genisys and Salvation. Genisys was pretty fun honestly, I liked it overall despite some issues (and some special effects that were fine in general but shockingly bad considering the pedigree of the previous movies), but has there been anything about the new Terminator movie since the initial promo images of Linda Hamilton+new characters?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Robocop should have been the cameo at the end of the new Predator

Neo Rasa posted:

What's up with Terminator 6 anyway? We had two failed THE START OF A WHOLE NEW TRILOGY!!!!!! attempts in Genisys and Salvation. Genisys was pretty fun honestly, I liked it overall despite some issues (and some special effects that were fine in general but shockingly bad considering the pedigree of the previous movies), but has there been anything about the new Terminator movie since the initial promo images of Linda Hamilton+new characters?

Untitled Terminator Project is on the docket for 2019, all we know is the photos and it is the third movie in a trilogy that ignores previous films and tries to start a new trilogy.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Neo Rasa posted:

Not yet. I'm still holding out vague hopes 'cause of Mackenzie Davis's involvement.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Iron Crowned posted:

Is anyone really that excited about Spawn these days?

I was never a comic book guy, but Spawn seemed to be at it's peak in the 90's, because it was new, and not DC or Marvel.

I feel like the amount of faded Spawn tattoos out there would be fairly shocking if tallied together.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Tars Tarkas posted:

Wasn't one of Washington's big things that he kept wanting a giant open field battle like your "supposed" to do and was annoyed that they were stuck doing guerilla tactics even though those were way more effective than getting crushed by an experienced army in a straight up fight would have been?

He looked down on asymmetric warfare tactics. Had he done what Mel Gibson did in Patriot he could have ended the war earlier.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tino posted:

He looked down on asymmetric warfare tactics. Had he done what Mel Gibson did in Patriot he could have ended the war earlier.

Washington was a lovely general that kind of lucked out that the war was not something the Brits were all in on, and France of course.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CharlestheHammer posted:

Washington was a lovely general that kind of lucked out that the war was not something the Brits were all in on, and France of course.

Most people forget that old technology levels are slow as gently caress. In order to get reinforcements from England, a request had to be sent across the ocean, via sail, for the crown to confirm, and then troops had to be mustered and sent to the colonies, also via sail.

Sailing in those days was also a very miserable life.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Most people forget that old technology levels are slow as gently caress. In order to get reinforcements from England, a request had to be sent across the ocean, via sail, for the crown to confirm, and then troops had to be mustered and sent to the colonies, also via sail.

IIRC there were a few snafus that were extremely beneficial to Washington thanks to both England not being all in and the speed of the technology, like the crown would get word that a/b/c was needed at x/y/z and then the next thing on the docket would be that the previous entire situation was already over with or lost.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well that's kind of dumb. Please go make your Doc Savage movie now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Well that's kind of dumb. Please go make your Doc Savage movie now.

Between even going back to The Rundown, and Jumanji, and Rampage, how has there not been a Doc Savage movie starring Dwayne Johnson yet?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Greenlighted 2019: The American Revolutionary War 101

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

How has there not been a Doc Savage movie starring Dwayne Johnson yet?
That's what Shane Black is supposed to be working on right now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Iron Crowned posted:

That hurt but the war of 1812 showed what a more focused British response could do, granted they still weren’t all in but they were trying a hell of a lot harder.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Greenlighted 2019: The American Revolutionary War 101

This should be like a bi-annual director challenge. Like any director is picked, it could be Ridley Scott, it could be Renny Harlin, John Woo, Kathryn Bigelow, Werner Herzog, David Lynch, whoever, and they're given whatever set budget money and are instructed to make a film about the American Revolution, total free reign, but they have to only use existing sets and props from an existing film so like they have to work with the Necromonger palace interior from Riddick or the War Rig from Fury Road or some version of the Batcave or whatever.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Casimir Radon posted:

That's what Shane Black is supposed to be working on right now.

Honestly that flick’s kind of lumped in with a GDT “Mountains Of Madness” movie in the “sure, bud” category of development hell for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fart City posted:

GDT “Mountains Of Madness” movie

This will always be a valid reason to hate Prometheus.