Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

BigDave posted:

:stare: Wow, what a ending! Phil Fumble OD'ing on fentanyl, then Aunt Fritzi tries to shoot up a Islamic community center.

I'd legit read the hell out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Ernie Bushmiller's legacy can rest easy now :unsmith:

Until they announce they're handing the strip over to Gary McCoy.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Hjalmar posted:

I'm glad Gilchrist is leaving Nancy, but I was kind of hoping he'd be disgraced out of the job & taken to prison for those crimes he did.

This, but unironically.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think we all unironically hoped for Gilchrist's well deserved punishment.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

EasyEW posted:

You were thinking of the banker ones, weren't you?

FLASHBANK

R Ubbish fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 3, 2018

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Page one reminds me: what happened to "The Heart of Juliet Jones" and "Radio Patrol"?

Modesty Blaise - NSFW

Transmodiar fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 3, 2018

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Would it be alright for me to post Bad Machinery in here, since it's now syndicated on GoComics? I realise it's also a webcomic (and I tend to keep my posts about the overall comic to that thread), but I'd like to share it if that's permissible.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Suddenly, Breaking Cat News turns on us, and becomes a strip about how hot the artist's husband is.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

His Divine Shadow posted:

OK I was being a bit facetious there, but cheques in 2018 just blows my mind, or that there are surcharges for debit/credit cards, several smaller stores here now got signs they refuse payment in cash.

On the dollar it says: "In God We Trust". Refusing God's own money is just devil's trickery!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

that Plan 17 edit, I'm dying

I'm dead

manero
Jan 30, 2006

EasyEW posted:

:siren:GUY GILCHRIST'S NANCY ENDS ON FEBRUARY 18TH:siren:

This was announced in a Tennessean article that spoils the finale story in the second sentence, so click with caution. No way in hell would I ruin the endgame of Nancy for anybody, so instead I'm only going to quote a little piece of the story...

:aaaaa:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing SPROINNGG

Magnificatz

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

"My rotten kids don't want to put a bunch of effort into an outdated thing nobody under the age of 60 expects to get. :qq:"

I might be biased because I hated having to write thank you notes as a kid, and nobody I know as an adult expects to get them(or sends them to me).

Yvonmukluk posted:

Would it be alright for me to post Bad Machinery in here, since it's now syndicated on GoComics? I realise it's also a webcomic (and I tend to keep my posts about the overall comic to that thread), but I'd like to share it if that's permissible.
General rule is if it's on Gocomics or Comics Kingdom, it's fair game. I'm pretty sure Magnificatz started as a webcomic before being picked up by Gocomics, for example.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Haifisch posted:

General rule is if it's on Gocomics or Comics Kingdom, it's fair game. I'm pretty sure Magnificatz started as a webcomic before being picked up by Gocomics, for example.
Well, then! Here we go! I will do 3 comics a day until we've caught up with the 'present' (such as it is on GoComics). That might take a while, though!

Without further ado, I give you:
Bad Machinery: The Brief Preamble

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 6, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery has been posted before, and was being posted only a few months ago.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh man this comic :kimchi:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

Bad Machinery has been posted before, and was being posted only a few months ago.

Oh OK then, fair enough I just didn't want to start a controversy. What's a good amount of images to do per post? I've decided to do the initial introductory strips all in one batch for now.

3 strips a post OK? There's going to be a bit of backlog to work through, but I don't want to do a supermassive image dump every post.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Who cares, just post it or don't (don't)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:justpost:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

re: bad machinery, I cannot imagine how confused and moronic the pluggers who post on the other syndicated comics are about all this clever britishness

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

R Ubbish, I missed you buddy

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, then! Here we go! I will do 3 comics a day until we've caught up with the 'present' (such as it is on GoComics). That might take a while, though!

Without further ado, I give you:
Bad Machinery: The Case of the Team Spirit

Aw yisssss, Bad Machinery :allears:

Putting it here right now: Lottie is the best character.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

dismas posted:

R Ubbish, I missed you buddy

Yes, welcome back! It was a great holiday surprise to see the master reappear :)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

hexwren posted:

re: bad machinery, I cannot imagine how confused and moronic the pluggers who post on the other syndicated comics are about all this clever britishness

To be fair ... the Gocomics posters for Bad Machinery quite like it, outside of the occasional puzzlement over some bit of British slang.

That said, it has fewer than 1,500 subscribers (as opposed to 25,000 for Nancy or, ahem, 170,000 for Garfield) so there's a bit of self-selection going on.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Jikes posted:

Yes, welcome back! It was a great holiday surprise to see the master reappear :)
2018 is already looking up!

World's Saddest Bear, the Bear That's Sad All the Time

Did you know Q-rais is also an animator? Boy, is he ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-RA4BNXVc

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Oh, Heaven's Love Thrift Shop, you were too good for this sinful Earth.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Angular Cyrus posted:

2018 is already looking up!

World's Saddest Bear, the Bear That's Sad All the Time

Did you know Q-rais is also an animator? Boy, is he ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-RA4BNXVc

I didn't know that someone made an adaptation of stardust the super wizard

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

EasyEW posted:

This was announced in a Tennessean article that spoils the finale story in the second sentence, so click with caution. No way in hell would I ruin the endgame of Nancy for anybody, so instead I'm only going to quote a little piece of the story...

He looks like such a loving skeez.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

It's...it's glorious.

The buildup to the wedding's going to be unbearably sappy and stupid, followed by the wedding itself that will be so holier-than-thou we'll all want to puke, of course. The short schedule between now and the end makes me think he's definitely being forced out.
Edit: Added spoilers. Sorry.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The only thing I use checks for anymore is rent, and the only reason I don't pay it online is because there's a $30 "service fee", which is a thing that apparently still exists.
I write one check quarterly for our water bill because for whatever reason you can't pay online and if you pay by card over the phone they charge you like $5 to process the drat thing. Drives me nuts and I don't appreciate it at all.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh OK then, fair enough I just didn't want to start a controversy. What's a good amount of images to do per post? I've decided to do the initial introductory strips all in one batch for now.

3 strips a post OK? There's going to be a bit of backlog to work through, but I don't want to do a supermassive image dump every post.
Sounds OK to me.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"...for a selfish idiot jackass."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 4, 2018

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

This is the thread I never knew I needed. Big thanks to everyone here.

That said, I haven't seen my nominal guilty pleasure, Darby Conley's antigarf Get Fuzzy. Bucky (the cat), Satchel (the dog), and owner Rob have pretty well-written dialogue spiked with the occasional punch line.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Johnny Walker posted:

The buildup to the wedding's going to be unbearably sappy and stupid, followed by the wedding itself that will be so holier-than-thou we'll all want to puke, of course. The short schedule between now and the end makes me think he's definitely being forced out.

Hey thanks, I was sorta trying to AVOID spoilers, but sure just barf it out first thing in your post.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Those tiny cat statues...

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (November 6, 1930)

Peanuts (January 6, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Cobra Carson: Two-Fisted Sheepherder

Out Our Way (February 6-7, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 27, 1931)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

this joke always confuses me a bit whenever it comes up (and "homework over winter break" jokes seem to happen a lot). not because of the homework itself but because all of my classes as far back as I remember, certainly all of middle and high school, had concrete endings at the end of the semester. very, very few classes stretched over a year, the vast majority were a semester long.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Cholmondeley posted:

This, but unironically.

Not a hint of irony from me. Gilchrist should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Also, gently caress Gilchrist and I hope he never works again. He should either be in jail or live the rest of his life destitute.

FrumpleOrz fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 4, 2018

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

FrumpleOrz posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Not an edit :eng99:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Transmodiar posted:

Page one reminds me: what happened to "The Heart of Juliet Jones" and "Radio Patrol"?

I loved those comics. :( Comics Kingdom and my Chromebook are no longer on speaking terms. I can't get any of the images over there to load. I don't know what happened. I go back every once in a while to see if images are appearing, but nope. Some day I hope to be able to afford a real laptop and then hopefully I'll be able to post them again, along with my other favorite classics. Until then, this is what you get:

This just makes me vaguely remember when (I think) Paul F Tompkins was saying that Jeremy Piven seems like the kind of guy who would bow to you when saying hello in a smarmy faux-spiritual manner.

That article about Gilchrist posted:

“We don’t have any public comment right now,” said John Glynn, president and editorial director for the strip’s distributor, Andrews McMeel Syndication of Kansas City, Mo.

Why? :laugh:

Not that I ever doubted, but we can throw this on the evidence pile that that assistant's allegations were true.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

R Ubbish posted:

FLASHBANK

PLEASE NEVER LEAVE US AGAIN! WE MISS YOU!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New Year hopefully a new batch of Finnish comics and Mother From A Different Country. :)