Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

why is meehan so utterly obsessed with this

whatever do you mean, he is Extremely Not Offended by anyone disagreeing with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Counterpoint: cows absolutely are not "slow, gentle plant eaters." They pretend to be because living the slow easy life is easy for them, but they are descended from Aurochs, hilariously buff murderbovines. And the cows remember. Oh yes, the cows remember. Cows can, and absolutely will, gently caress your poo poo up if you piss them off enough.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mikl posted:

Counterpoint: cows absolutely are not "slow, gentle plant eaters." They pretend to be because living the slow easy life is easy for them, but they are descended from Aurochs, hilariously buff murderbovines. And the cows remember. Oh yes, the cows remember. Cows can, and absolutely will, gently caress your poo poo up if you piss them off enough.

If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I was gonna say that the manatee to the left is terrifying but it turns out the real thing is pretty bad as well

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Nenonen posted:

Idgi, please someone?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Afaik the clock stops in basketball whenever something important happens so the final minute can take forever as the players do their best to win the game once and for all

Note that that's an average and if one team leads by 15 points or more, the last minute goes almost without breaks, because there's no point to try anything fancy. Meanwhile in a close game both teams will take one or more timeouts during the last few minutes (if they haven't spent them earlier).

Additionally the team that's behind, usually starts to take intentional fouls whenever the other team gets the ball (-> clock will be stopped, the leading team gets two free throws and the ball is given to the fouling team).

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 30, 2018

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Some Guy TT posted:

If anyone wants to contribute comics for next year, I'd like to see this again-

Boondocks
Lost Side of Suburbia
Dilbert (old ones to see if they've actually changed that much)

So I looked on the LSoS website and the stories are no longer there. I wrote to Kory Merrick, the author, and he replied:

"Hi <Pigsfeet>,

Thanks for the interest! The stories you're thinking of appeared on the Universal Uclick website GoComics. Some of those stories (the ones uploaded in 2009 and 2010) have been removed at my request. The others are still there, but will be removed within the next year or so, due to a new book deal with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

I currently have only one print book available: The Dreadful Fate of Jonathan York (published by Andrews McMeel in 2015). However, as of this past summer I have a two-book contract with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Those books, which will be marketed for middle grade, will start releasing in 2020. The first is loosely based on the evil ice cream company story from GoComics.

As I finish my books for Harcourt, I may return to GoComics with new uploads.

Thanks again! "

His tales really were cool, I'm hoping he gets them published.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You know, as much as I love new Nancy, any time I read the Bushmiller strips and go back to the new ones, she looks like someone did a shrunken face photoshop on her.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

I hate when I can identify with On the Fastrack

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You're not old, you're just boring and friendless.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD
Why is this such a common thing in comics? I only know one person who goes to bed before midnight on NYE, and that's my father - and he goes to bed absurdly early every day. Every other adult I know is frequently awake past midnight anyway because it's not actually that late to most people.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Why is this such a common thing in comics? I only know one person who goes to bed before midnight on NYE, and that's my father - and he goes to bed absurdly early every day. Every other adult I know is frequently awake past midnight anyway because it's not actually that late to most people.

Median arrival time at work in the US is 7:55, though a lot of cities skew earlier or later.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Do you think Holbrook thinks he's really cool that he has all these long running "characters age almost in real time" strips?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

:clint: :911: :blastu:

Kennel fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 31, 2018

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Mandrake is really really bad at picking illusions.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Really appreciate that the pirates are just like “Uh? We can still see each other’s heads you know.”

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hello, i have already hosed up the new thead https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878419

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Close to Home

This is usually a crappy comic, but this is dumb even for it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Edge of Blotto

Heh-heh, that was certainly a comically exaggerated story where your friend was murdered by a lion!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Close to Home

This is usually a crappy comic, but this is dumb even for it.

I actually quite like it.

Edit: aside from her arm length

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tiggum posted:

You're not old, you're just boring and friendless.

Do you know anyone with small children and/or long work hours?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Okay, gotta get caught up before the new year, which means a Working Daze megapost! Avert your eyes if you're squeamish!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 8, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 8, 1997)

Garfield Classic (June 8, 1987)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

I actually quite like it.

Edit: aside from her arm length

:confused: All three of her arms appear to be the correct length

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

How much is rent in one of those vents?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I assume we're waiting until tomorrow before we start making GBS threads up the new thread with our trash? (Just kidding. I saw what you did, Kennel. Thread's already ruined.)

One last Luann for the old year!

Seems plausible!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2011 Spiderman

The Amazing Jump

Dick Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, here's the last Bad Machinery of the year!

See you in the next thread/2019!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll crosspost from the new thread. Then it's here, and there.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
thank goodness i get to see dilbert twice (but seriously, thanks for posting comics, everybody. these threads keep me going sometimes)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Already dropped a load in the new thread, but for the sake of completionism, here it is.

Sally Forth

Skippy (August 19, 1931)

Peanuts (January 2, 1972 and December 31, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 5-6, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 8-10, 1935)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

Edge of Blotto

Heh-heh, that was certainly a comically exaggerated story where your friend was murdered by a lion!
I'm beginning to think the theory that Edge of Adventure is a meta strip specifically written to just take you right to the edge of something happening and end it over and over again has some merit.

Posted my comics in the new thread.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

poo poo, new thread! I still have time to get caught up for 2018 with a pile of Super-Fun-Pak Comix!

Woo!

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i find bollings political stuff heavy-handed but he's a master of meta. thank you. any chance of posting some god-man?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Evil Mastermind posted:

poo poo, new thread! I still have time to get caught up for 2018 with a pile of Super-Fun-Pak Comix!

Oh hey, Louis CK has his own strip now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

OK, I think we've all had enough of 2018. There's a new thread up and it's time to move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjjxH9O_PjA