Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's coming as the new replacement for Lupin and/or DBZ Kai?
This poll is closed.
FLCL 2/3 19 14.96%
Some shonen bullshit no one likes 48 37.80%
Some shonen bullshit that people like 29 22.83%
Something totally out of the blue 15 11.81%
Sword Art Online 3 simuldub 16 12.60%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

Does anyone even make it past Hunter?

I used to watch Lupin but recently I've been passing out during Hunter. I don't know if the series is getting more boring or if I'm getting older. Probably both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

limp_cheese posted:

Could be worse. They could have brought back Bleach.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

I miss Bleach. :qq:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Well, this was a little disappointing. I wonder what this new show is and when it'll premiere. Well, we can guess that based on when the other shows finish their runs. Let's see, if we consider a marathon for Memorial Day, assume no Fourth of July marathon this year, and possibly discount a day for April 1, then the shows will finish as follows: Outlaw Star in March, IBO and Cowboy Bebop in April, Ghost in the Shell in May, DBZ Kai in June, Space Dandy in July, and Jojo in August. In theory, we won't hear any news until March.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
it sucks balls that we're not getting a new show, but I still think it's good that Space Dandy is gonna be back after 4 goddamn years

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Chances are Space Dandy is better than whatever they were gonna get

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
There are a lot worse things to air during an hour that I'm usually too tired to watch

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

it sucks balls that we're not getting a new show, but I still think it's good that Space Dandy is gonna be back after 4 goddamn years

it hasnt been four years has it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Stairmaster posted:

like three and a quarter

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

first episode aired January 4th of 2014, so it has literally been a solid 4 years since Dandy first came to Toonami

last episode aired September 27th of 2014, which is semi-close to being 31/4 years ago

and then they got partway thru airing the first season in a rerun slot after that and I think that stopped when the block got shrunk early in 2015, so it's been just shy of 3 years since Dandy was on Toonami in any capacity at all

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 6, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
At this point they should probably just try to show something recentish that Crunchy doesn't care about like, I dunno, that new Sailor Moon? Or does crunchy hold onto whatever it streams for forever?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

LAST TIME

Dragon Ball Super: Goten and Trunks gently caress up and get themselves delivered to an alien planet on Monaka's truck where they get attacked by evil guys who want evil water. Vegeta comes along, but the evil water turns into Brian Drummond!

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Super Buu has come to the lookout and wants to fight Goten! Piccolo's desperately trying to stall for time, but then Buu kinda kills the entire population of Earth, oopsie.

Stardust Crusaders: Feel the power of the goddamn sun!

Hunter x Hunter: Gon meets Kite's friends and learns about the reproduction habits of the Chimera Ant, a process where they pass on the traits of organisms they eat onto their young. And it just so turns out that the Chimera Ant queen's got a taste for people.

Lupin III: Lupin and Zenigata try to catch a train.

Jormungand: Koko and Co come under attack by an assassin group called Orchestra, comprising of a dude who really stays on brand and a girl who doesn't weat underwear. Some PUBG poo poo happens and they don't last long.

BE SURE TO CATCH KAMEN RIDER DURING BLACK CLOVER

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Vegeta comes along, but the evil water turns into Brian Drummond!

Now we can finally determine whether or not Bardock was a brilliant scientist.

Waffleman_ posted:

BE SURE TO CATCH KAMEN RIDER DURING BLACK CLOVER

I legitimately don't even recall what happened up to this point in Black Clover and I've been watching it just to see how bad it is.

I remember the nun gag took up, like, half the episode and people were being assholes to MC-kun because "Haha, you have a magical disability.", but that's it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Now we can finally determine whether or not Bardock was a brilliant scientist.

I legitimately don't even recall what happened up to this point in Black Clover and I've been watching it just to see how bad it is.

I remember the nun gag took up, like, half the episode and people were being assholes to MC-kun because "Haha, you have a magical disability.", but that's it.

I like to imagine the alternate Bardock movie in which Bardock was basically Jor-El but with bigger hair.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm up to about Chapter 105 in the Black Clover manga, which is probably far ahead of where this season will end up at the rate its been going so far. There's nothing here you haven't seen before elsewhere (and better), and absolutely no surprises. Just heaping on the stock modern shonen tropes played completely straight until we all die of boredom and Asta's Endless Screaming.

And that's without this anime's horrendously slow pacing. Seriously, even with THE FILLERING going on in Shippudden, this might end up dethroning that show for "Worst Paced Show On Toonami, Ever".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

First Goonami of 2018, you fucks. Let's make this a good one.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'm up to about Chapter 105 in the Black Clover manga

for Chrissakes, why

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

for Chrissakes, why

Manga is decent. The Anime is just super slow.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argus Zant posted:

for Chrissakes, why

So that I can reward myself with HunterXHunter manga afterwards.

I'd just get really pissed if I did it the other way around.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Crabtree posted:

At this point they should probably just try to show something recentish that Crunchy doesn't care about like, I dunno, that new Sailor Moon?

Hulu has exclusive rights to the dub.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The redeath of Toonami will just be a bunch of streaming services securing exclusivity for everything good

oh well, at least Anime Strike was merged back into Prime.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fabricated posted:

The redeath of Toonami will just be a bunch of streaming services securing exclusivity for everything good

And then Disney will kill all streaming except for theirs, resulting in them being the sole gatekeepers of anime dub broadcasting.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kerning Chameleon posted:

And then Disney will kill all streaming except for theirs, resulting in them being the sole gatekeepers of anime dub broadcasting.
It's cool. Watching streaming appear because cable sucks rear end, then all of the content providers realizing they want that money too and starting their own streaming services to split the market up, then Disney probably just hoovering everyone in town up. Capitalism rules

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Fabricated posted:

It's cool. Watching streaming appear because cable sucks rear end, then all of the content providers realizing they want that money too and starting their own streaming services to split the market up, then Disney probably just hoovering everyone in town up. Capitalism rules

Disney tried to buy Netflix last year and Netflix refused, so Disney is retaliating by yanking all their content off Netflix in 2019.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
https://twitter.com/TaraSandsLA/status/949837610460971008

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Fabricated posted:

I don't think Toonami is dead until someone takes Sword Art Online from them. Unless the poo poo eaters really take a shine to Black gently caress, SAO and Titan could keep Toonami afloat for a few years more if TOM is kept from getting anything good and new.

And Hulu probably won't last that long depending on how hosed the internet gets in the coming years. Streaming will eat up a lot of bandwidth allotment.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Crabtree posted:

I don't think Toonami is dead until someone takes Sword Art Online from them. Unless the poo poo eaters really take a shine to Black gently caress, SAO and Titan could keep Toonami afloat for a few years more if TOM is kept from getting anything good and new.

And Hulu probably won't last that long depending on how hosed the internet gets in the coming years. Streaming will eat up a lot of bandwidth allotment.

If the government approves the Disney-Fox deal, Disney will have a controlling stake in Hulu.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Whew, squeezed Goonami in just in time!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
ARE YOU READY FOR JELLY JETA?!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Menace of the Ocean Dub

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think Vegeta is gonna win

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
THAT'S RIGHT, OCEAN DUB JETA IS THE REAL DEAL, SON.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

JT Jag posted:

I think Vegeta is gonna win

I think this may be the only fight in the entire franchise that is anywhere close to a safe assumption.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SUPER

ELITE!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hi Ryuk. :)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

This is the first time Jaco has done anything useful.

Granted i've not read his original series, is he useless there too?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If only Goku was here so Jelly Vegeta could tell him how his father was an average warrior but a brilliant scientist.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
SPACE FRENCH?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This is the first time Jaco has done anything useful.

Granted i've not read his original series, is he useless there too?

Well, he basically indirectly saved the world and universe multiple times by accidentally peeing on Tights.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"We Potifians were average warriors...but brilliant scientists."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"Biological warfare" is a phrase I didn't expect to hear in DBZ