Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's coming as the new replacement for Lupin and/or DBZ Kai?
This poll is closed.
FLCL 2/3 19 14.96%
Some shonen bullshit no one likes 48 37.80%
Some shonen bullshit that people like 29 22.83%
Something totally out of the blue 15 11.81%
Sword Art Online 3 simuldub 16 12.60%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

JT Jag posted:

So hey, remember when Hunter spent a lot of time on a flashback for that one-off drug lord guy

turns out it was backstory for the King

gyro didn't become the King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
Nice boat.

e: and nice GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS.

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 16, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh Snapple! posted:

gyro didn't become the King

Yeah Gyro became his own ant and left to rebuild his empire. The scene of him leaving was cut as it would not be relevant to the story.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah Gyro became his own ant and left to rebuild his empire. The scene of him leaving was cut as it would not be relevant to the story.

Wait for real? That's kinda lame. Not quite the same as cutting out Kite's intro to the story in episode 1 though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Shame Boy posted:

Wait for real? That's kinda lame. Not quite the same as cutting out Kite's intro to the story in episode 1 though.

Yeah it was a couple pages during the Gon vs Knuckle stuff.

It was also when we got his backstory.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

What... is this?

e: What is this?!?

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 17, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Argus Zant posted:

What... is this?

e: What is this?!?

How do you mean?

If you mean Gyro, he never shows up again, and the whole exposition episode about him is just... kinda... irrelevant..

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Look, we got an episode where an octopus with a gun arm repeatedly shot a wolf antman while his brain was eaten by magic centipedes.

I think that was worth the price of admission. :colbert:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Look, we got an episode where an octopus with a gun arm repeatedly shot a wolf antman while his brain was eaten by magic centipedes.

I think that was worth the price of admission. :colbert:

Oh, there was a reason why I said of the five or six fights going on, that the basement fight was one of the three good ones.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Just remember to forget that there is apparently a crime boss ant man just wandering around.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

How do you mean?

If you mean Gyro, he never shows up again, and the whole exposition episode about him is just... kinda... irrelevant..

What? No, I haven't watched/given a gently caress about HxH since, like, February. I'm being incredulous at The Shivering Truth.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Probably Magic posted:

How do you mean?

https://twitter.com/arbys/status/986635471378964481

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus, I've been working on Goonami poo poo all day but I'm set for the next two weeks.

I've got a new bump for Build ready for January that you're gonna love if you miss One-Up Boy.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 18, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

What I saw of Shivering Truth really disappointed me, I thought they were legit going to try to do claymation Night Gallery and instead I got half-baked Robot Chicken skits. But that's me.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Probably Magic posted:

What I saw of Shivering Truth really disappointed me, I thought they were legit going to try to do claymation Night Gallery and instead I got half-baked Robot Chicken skits. But that's me.
The last time I opened up the laptop I'm posting from right now was also the last time I read this thread and the last time I watched Adult Swim. It was May and The Shivering Truth was being talked about because it was one of four pilots being aired. So I find it hilarious that 500 or so pages later, 7 months later, when I change from my last post in May to the latest post today, The Shivering Truth is what's being talked about.

That's sad if what you're saying is true, though. It was a really solid pilot.

Edit: Oh, that post back in May I was asking if Joe Pera was going to be a good show or not. So... did it end up being a good show?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 19, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DaveKap posted:

Edit: Oh, that post back in May I was asking if Joe Pera was going to be a good show or not. So... did it end up being a good show?

I liked it but I hear mixed opinions

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I loved Joe Pera Talks With You. I hope that they make more

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dangerous Person posted:

I loved Joe Pera Talks With You. I hope that they make more

Same. Just a very weird and very sweet show.

Joe Pera Takes You on a Fall Drive is an ep I'd recommend a lot.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
'Your wife says "You've turned our kids into weirdos", to which you turn to her and say "You married me." She smiles, "Only because you're so good at sex" she says as she rests her head on your shoulder." I don't know the episode this came from, but its the Christmas tree one and it was so odd to see something even falsely sentimental and wholesome from Adult Swim. It was weird. It can still be rude and crass, but Joe Pera is never like made fun of no matter how awkwardly nice he is.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 19, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Little Witch Academia: Akko races to the finish, and it's still a better love story than Night Fall.

Build: Sento and Ryuga butt heads as they infiltrate a Faust base to save Tatsuya, and more testimony from Tatsuya puts suspicion for Katsuragi's death onto Sento himself.

9:00 Little Witch Academia

10:00 Heaven's Feel feature presentation

12:00 Two episodes of Build

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

After watching a couple episodes of Shivering Truth it seems to be what I remembered from the pilot, so I'm happy. It's not 100% good, as it's obvious some gags are extended out past their peak comedic timing (which is something PFFFR always has trouble with, oddly enough) but the narrator's combination of Xavier: Renegade Angel and Werner Herzog just tucks me in for the show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Happy Honda Days

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Show's starting in like an hour or hour and a half.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

About what, 20 minutes or so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well 17 now. Time is a flat circle.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
last call fuckos

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Almost movie time, then Build after that.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Build in about 16 minutes if Build Crew's not already here.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

despite having a name that sounds like a translation error, Heaven's Feel was pretty good

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://cytu.be/r/Dirtnami2

Some Nadesico if you want to come in.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Ships dig Giant Robots.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Hey, I’ll be showing some Christmas specials on the 24, starting at 7 PM EST if you got nothing better to do.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://cytu.be/r/Dirtnami2
Christmas stuff starting up in 15 minutes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ticcytx/status/1077357879974395907

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Crabtree posted:

'Your wife says "You've turned our kids into weirdos", to which you turn to her and say "You married me." She smiles, "Only because you're so good at sex" she says as she rests her head on your shoulder." I don't know the episode this came from, but its the Christmas tree one and it was so odd to see something even falsely sentimental and wholesome from Adult Swim. It was weird. It can still be rude and crass, but Joe Pera is never like made fun of no matter how awkwardly nice he is.

Joe Pera Helps You Find The Perfect Christmas Tree is its own special that pre-dates the series. It's available for free: https://www.adultswim.com/videos/specials/joe-pera-helps-you-find-the-perfect-christmas-tree

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AnimeDril/status/1077381933057884160

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
https://cytu.be/r/Dirtnami2 We're getting some Rankin Bass stuff

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MPoooox/status/1077595692879626240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Little Witch Academia: Witches are bad at taking out loans and also ewwww a boy.

Build: Sento and Ryuga go to Katsuragi's childhood home to find out more about him, and discover that he was responsible for creating the Build Driver!

SAO ORDINAL SCALE TONIGHT