Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's coming as the new replacement for Lupin and/or DBZ Kai?
This poll is closed.
FLCL 2/3 19 14.96%
Some shonen bullshit no one likes 48 37.80%
Some shonen bullshit that people like 29 22.83%
Something totally out of the blue 15 11.81%
Sword Art Online 3 simuldub 16 12.60%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the chimera ant arc of hunter hunter is probably the best shonen arc ever and honestly one of the best parts of any manga ever and indeed a legitimate accomplishment in the field of fiction as a whole, and i hope the dub gives all the antagonists good voices, especially pitou, who has done and will do nothing wrong in their entire life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the butchery in the chimera ant arc is in service of a point about how life is beautiful and meaningful, i wouldnt really it pointless or mean

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strobe posted:

Arist: "I didn't like watching this part so I stopped."

Rest of the thread: "No see you're wrong because...."

Hmmm, I wonder why you guys aren't managing to convince him.
I never said Arist had to pick it back up, just that the read was kind of incorrect. If they don't want to finish it, sure. If they just don't like seeing gore, alright. All I was disagreeing with was calling it pointless or needlessly cruel. It serves a narrative purpose in the overall arc of the show. That isn't calling them wrong for not liking it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Also I just found out there’s gonna be new Sword Art Online this year. :getin:

It’s a spinoff, so there’s (probably) no Kirito, but it’s still SAO so :unsmigghh::getin::unsmigghh:

Justin_Brett posted:

I actually can't wait for more SAO on Toonami, at least that's a fun thing to make fun of.
gungale is okay kay. it's just a girl playing an mmo with her friends, and its written by the author of the original kino's journey novels, who's a legitimately good writer.

so iunno what you guys are on about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo if you guys are looking forward to more material and are watching it and describing it as 'glorious,' i think you're all sword art online fans, and you should just be sincere about that instead of posting :getin: and :unsmigghh: 70 times. its okay to like sao. i think sao is okay in places. let's all enjoy it together.