Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Spinster posted:

A guy i was dating left a half a pizza in the box in the back seat of his car all day and I had to talk him out of eating it. All day in the hot sun.

:doh:
Sweet, he sous vided his pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

UltraRed posted:

Are goons really this retarded about food safetly? That's fine. The worst part of any of this is the crust might be hard (but still perfectly fine to eat).

Not according to the USDA. What makes you think leaving cooked meat and dairy products at room temp + for a day is a good idea?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's fine

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

veiled boner fuel posted:

Not according to the USDA. What makes you think leaving cooked meat and dairy products at room temp + for a day is a good idea?

humans survived for hundreds of thousands of years eating poo poo that would make you cry, a little processed food at a less than optimum temp is at worst going to give you a belly ache. you're hardly at risk of botulism.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BloodRed posted:

humans survived for hundreds of thousands of years eating poo poo that would make you cry, a little processed food at a less than optimum temp is at worst going to give you a belly ache. you're hardly at risk of botulism.

Ah so your definition of “fine” is “may cause you to poo poo yourself uncontrollably” apparently.

So what’s the max time we should be leaving cooked beef and cheese in a 100 degree car and then eat it, food safety expert? 2 Days? 3?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smell test

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When I was about 16 I once ate the last part of a Subway club, with mayo and everything that I'd left on the floor of the backseat of my Thunderbird while it sat in the sun and I went golfing.

Oddly the most delicious Subway sandwich I've ever had, and most probably should have killed me, but I suffered no problems.

Well that's my story of how I almost committed suicide with a sandwich because of how dumb I am.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Ah so your definition of “fine” is “may cause you to poo poo yourself uncontrollably” apparently.

So what’s the max time we should be leaving cooked beef and cheese in a 100 degree car and then eat it, food safety expert? 2 Days? 3?

you're getting confused old man, I never said it was fine I said a sore belly welly wouldn't kill you so if you are hungry eat it I don't care

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

1 week for maximum flavor.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax Scroll posted:

i know the dude whose save that is from and his name is in fact andy irl. oregon trail didn't use a save file, but instead actually overwrote part of the game whenever it saved data. he was big into file sharing in the early days of p2p stuff and his copy of the game ended up being the one that got passed around.

liar

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

Smell test

yep. its literally all you need for food safety. if it smells like something you want to eat, it's good to eat, short of preexisting contaminants.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I referenced this at a friends party, no one got it :(

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Yer' god drat right.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
The gently caress is with everyone being such a germaphobe around leftovers? Pizza is full of salt and will be fine on the counter for days. Aside from dairy, American food doesn’t tend to go spoil readily. You’ll need days at room temperature for most things to go off.

Even if food does start to spoil, the vast majority of microbes are harmless. If you’re worried about food sanitation then you need to be concerned about hand washing and proper prep as that’s where the majority of gastroenteritis cases originate, not spoilage.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
I WILL NOT REST until you eat room temperature pizza. RIGHT NOW.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Can a boat be made out of pizza?

Is such a thing possible?

A pizza boat....that fords rivers?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lime Tonics posted:

Can a boat be made out of pizza?

Is such a thing possible?

A pizza boat....that fords rivers?

*Rips through loose printer paper on desk, runs a hand through greasy unkempt hair, wild eyed*
No.... NO!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I left some pizza in the box on the counter and ate it the next day. Truly I am a disgusting monster.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Can you ford a fjord

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

BloodRed posted:

people also died all the time from the dumbest stuff, like making GBS threads themselves to death after eating a pizza left in the back of their chariot all day

realpost:

there are hundreds of food-related enteric infections, many of which can actually kill you, and can grow in aerobic conditions. Many do not need to be living (and produce heat-stabile toxins) which can make you very sick

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 2, 2018

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's extremely rare unelss you die of botulism after eating gas station cheese or smth

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Blue Train posted:

It's extremely rare unelss you die of botulism after eating gas station cheese or smth

tell that to these people. Shiga-toxin producing E coli will destroy your kidneys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Germany_E._coli_O104:H4_outbreak

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Whooping Crabs posted:

tell that to these people. Shiga-toxin producing E coli will destroy your kidneys

We're talking about America not third world countries

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Whooping Crabs posted:

On organic fresh vegetables. Solution: peperony and chease Tombstones only.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol if you eat a vegetable and double lol if you fall for big organics propaganda

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

UltraRed posted:

LOL, what?

Are goons really this retarded about food safetly? That's fine. The worst part of any of this is the crust might be hard (but still perfectly fine to eat).

it’s not just goons, tons of people think leaving pizza on the counter for more than an hour equates to creating poison

no your highly processed, salty, greasy pizza will not suddenly become cyanide just cause you didn’t refrigerate it upon getting it, you could probably leave it in a window sill for a day and it would still be safe to eat

though safe to eat is a bit of stretch for some pizzas when they’re fresh

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The cheese is mostly wood the crust is mostly corn syrup the sauce too it'll be fine

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
it's a pizzagate reference.

it was topical in its day but now it's a little dated tbh

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Came into thread wanting to know about the pepperoni and cheese joke, came out learning a significant portion of Goons would probably eat food out of a trash can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Is it wrapped still? Nbd

• Locked thread