Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

CES Kicks off Monday Janurary 8th with keynotes galore where hashtag #brands will attempt to woo us over by doing somehing so redicilous that we will share their branded content of them sacrificing a baby on a hoverboard to the IoT gods.

news of tech that will make you throw your 6 month old stuff in the garbo is already coming

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/01/lg-shows-off-the-worlds-first-88-inch-8k-oled-display/

(had to timg this because 88 inch tv lot bigger than your 65" you should already have)
BOOM 4k is for grandma, UUIUPPPPGRAAEEEEEED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
this will never be topped

https://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/live-from-samsungs-ces-2011-keynote/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
although this came very close

https://www.theverge.com/2013/1/8/3850056/qualcomms-insane-ces-2013-keynote-pictures-tweets

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

never forget

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what was the one where the movie director guest just stopped and walked off stage

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

graph posted:

what was the one where the movie director guest just stopped and walked off stage

i think so, guillermo del toro?

and they had maroon 5 play but didn't have the permissions to air the audio in the livecast so they overlayed dido instead

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Michael Bay walked off stage

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
don’t forget that last year someone stole Razer’s prototypes and one popped up for sale in China like a week later

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
does this mean 4K TVs will soon be outdated trash and sold for deep discount

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pagancow posted:

CES Kicks off Monday Janurary 8th with keynotes galore where hashtag #brands will attempt to woo us over by doing somehing so redicilous that we will share their branded content of them sacrificing a baby on a hoverboard to the IoT gods.

news of tech that will make you throw your 6 month old stuff in the garbo is already coming

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/01/lg-shows-off-the-worlds-first-88-inch-8k-oled-display/

(had to timg this because 88 inch tv lot bigger than your 65" you should already have)

"QLED" will never stop being pathetic

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I have an LG OLED and it's very nice

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

pagancow posted:

Michael Bay walked off stage

the ceo asked him how the curve would make his garbage movies better and he had no answer

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

pagancow posted:

i freaking love lg 4k oleds and the 2016s are showing up with prices at which theres no excuse not to own one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

akadajet posted:

"QLED" will never stop being pathetic
[img-futurama-z-ray]

samsung's marketshare in tvs went to poo poo this year since oleds got down in price so much and other companies have full array sets that are better and cheaper

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
somebody post the keynote schedule im gonna watch all of them

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i just want to know when displays with vrr will actually be available in stores

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
you’ve got to pay the zoll toll

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

where is zoll now

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

GameCube posted:

where is zoll now

sucking dick for crack is par for the course for child stars i believe

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

i want an lg oled in 75" that isn't five figures. make my dreams come true lucky goldstar!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

eric posted:

I have an LG OLED and it's very nice

same here. and now I can't look at inferior displays without seeing how horrible lcd black levels are.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Turnquiet posted:

i want an lg oled in 75" that isn't five figures. make my dreams come true lucky goldstar!

won't happen because LG has a monopoly on good displays now.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

micahel bay did not pay. idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The_Franz posted:

i just want to know when displays with vrr will actually be available in stores

hdmi 2.1 was "finished" this fall so like 2020, 2021 if you want something that works out of the box

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

akadajet posted:

same here. and now I can't look at inferior displays without seeing how horrible lcd black levels are.

jokes on u u have 600 nit HDR

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pagancow did you spend four thousand dollars on a z9

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol i spent $20,000 on a real display

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
goddamn that's sexy what scopes you runnin

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pagancow posted:

20k and you still get thoe thick rear end bezels

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

don't buy poo poo from b&h, they're union-busters

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

just ignore all consumer sets that are HDR 400 and HDR 600, they are basically consumer sets with the words "HDR" printed on them

HDR1000 is like the minimum i would accept on a phone

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCi6taII6Yo

CES 2018, your brain on the car

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pagancow posted:

you're supposed to say your employer bought one of these I bet you've never even seen one irl

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

don't buy poo poo from b&h, they're union-busters

if they have lower prices than amazon then i don't care

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Actually, I just re-read some poo poo about them. Yeah, they are a pretty lovely company.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

poty posted:

i freaking love lg 4k oleds and the 2016s are showing up with prices at which theres no excuse not to own one

I have a Panasonic plasma that still is going ok so I have no real reason to spend $1500+ on a tv since there isn't enough 4K content I actually want to own yet, but I have a feeling that I'll probably cave in this summer.

I would like to have Shin Godzilla and Fury Road on UHD, so those will probably be my first purchase when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
looks like zolls doin broadway rn

• Locked thread