Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

shin godzilla probably looks real crappy on uhd bc it's all done with models and a pirated copy of cinema 4d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I would like to have Shin Godzilla and Fury Road on UHD, so those will probably be my first purchase when the time comes.
fury road is very good in hdr

you're best waiting until your current tv dies if you're still happy with it, oled and falds are only getting cheaper, the tv I bought went from $1600 to $1000 in 7 months

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

graph posted:

looks like zolls doin broadway rn

yeah he played the garbage can in stomp

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

shin godzilla probably looks real crappy on uhd bc it's all done with models and a pirated copy of cinema 4d

uh wrong I saw the disk being played on a 7X" 4k tv in Japan and holy poo poo it's amazing

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

qirex posted:

fury road is very good in hdr

you're best waiting until your current tv dies if you're still happy with it, oled and falds are only getting cheaper, the tv I bought went from $1600 to $1000 in 7 months

Oh yeah for sure. At this rate by the time I'm ready to get one the 65" models will be down to the $1500 range probably so that's the plan.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

1. way to miss the automated driving trend and require the driver to pay attention to the road again
2. you can tell its a serious research project by the rotating brain 3d renders
3. if only there was an interface for the brain to give instructions to the car. perhaps over some sort of wheel

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yeah he played the garbage can in stomp

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

exciting news

quote:

Gaming and Home Theater Ready for Next Level

FIBBR will launch the Ultra 8K, the world’s first 56Gbps 8K-HDR Fiber Optic HDMI cable. FIBBR’s latest innovation is capable of residential applications up to 50 meters. The Ultra 8K is on display in the HDMI Forum Booth 20542 at the LVCC South Hall 1.

The Ultra 8K, like all FIBBR fiber optic solutions, is made with the highest-quality glass fibers, available exclusively from YOFC, the world’s largest fiber producer.

“FIBBR is thrilled to lead the category with the introduction of the industry’s first 56Gbps fiber optic HDMI cable,” said Joe Zhang, product manager for FIBBR. “CES is always an exciting venue to showcase industry-defining technology, and the Ultra 8K is no exception. Our kiosk in the HDMI Forum booth will show not only the Ultra 8K but also our award-winning Ultra Pro v2.0 series certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) for 18Gbps. While the standards and hardware continue to evolve, the market needs a reliable solution to move their high bandwidth data. FIBBR’s fiber optic solutions are here for today and ready for tomorrow.”

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:vince:
:ccb:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mad catz is back

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

sign me the gently caress up!!!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

pagancow posted:

i'm the undefined metrics that add up to 103%

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
fcc chairman and shitbird ajit pai cancels his planned appearance and is not going to show up and take questions at CES about net neutrality surprise surprisre

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

rip kirk

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I have a Panasonic plasma that still is going ok so I have no real reason to spend $1500+ on a tv since there isn't enough 4K content I actually want to own yet, but I have a feeling that I'll probably cave in this summer.

I would like to have Shin Godzilla and Fury Road on UHD, so those will probably be my first purchase when the time comes.

wow 100% same that is funny

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i'm the undefined metrics that add up to 103%

its not that weird tbh my vision is better than 20/20

same but with hair

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

poty posted:

its not that weird tbh my vision is better than 20/20

same but with hair

20/20 doesn't mean you see 100%

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

raccoon natural speed king but for cars

quote:

BURLINGTON, Mass., November 9, 2017 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced that it has been named a CES 2018 Innovation Awards Honoree for its Dragon Drive connected car platform in the award program’s Vehicle Intelligence and Self-Driving Technology category.

Powered by artificial intelligence, Nuance’s Dragon Drive creates a conversational automotive assistant that listens, understands and responds to drivers and empowers automakers to make the AI-powered connected car experience a reality. Dragon Drive understands and learns the needs and preferences of drivers and passengers and provides a personalized experience for each person in the car, providing access to entertainment, navigation, points of interest, news feeds and in-car features such as heating and air conditioning. Dragon Drive also provides car-to-home and home-to-car interoperability to automakers, with the ability to create customized in-car infotainment features that can talk to and control home systems and applications. Dragon Drive powers more than 180 million cars on the road today across more than 40 languages, creating conversational human machine interfaces for Audi, BMW, Daimler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Hyundai, SAIC, Toyota and more.

Products entered in the prestigious CES Innovation Awards program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, independent engineers and members of the trade media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 28 product categories.

“We are honored that the Consumer Technology Association has recognized our work in applying conversational and cognitive AI to one of the most complex challenges – a truly intelligent and responsive connected car,” said Arnd Weil, senior vice president, automotive, Nuance Mobile. “We are proud to be named a CES 2018 Innovation Awards honoree, further validating Nuance’s ability to deliver a smarter approach to today’s connected cars as well as the connected, autonomous, shared and electric vehicles of the future.”

The CES Innovation Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), the owner and producer of CES 2018, the global gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies, and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.

Nuance’s Dragon Drive connected car platform will be displayed at CES 2018, which runs January 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas, Nevada. To learn more about the ways in which Dragon Drive is amplifying the intelligence of the connected car, visit Dragon Drive on nuance.com. To learn more about other CES 2018 Innovation Honoree products, visit CES.tech/Innovation.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I have a Panasonic plasma that still is going ok so I have no real reason to spend $1500+ on a tv since there isn't enough 4K content I actually want to own yet, but I have a feeling that I'll probably cave in this summer.

same, but since my plasma was basically one of the the last models made (vt60) i figure i got another year or two to go on it. still very needs suiting even with the tendency towards burnin

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

pagancow posted:

4cyl mustang driver spotted

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

just fyi your "just fine" plasmas are probably like 40% dimmer than when you bought them it just happens so slowly you don't notice

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
probably, but since i haven’t noticed it yet, it’s not worth replacing

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m getting blade runner 2049 in UHD

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

qirex posted:

exciting news

why would I believe anything a company called FIBBER says???

poty
Jun 21, 2008

qirex posted:

raccoon natural speed king but for cars

honestly siri / alexa for the car sounds pretty useful

can teslas be voice controlled

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

speed up, martha

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

qirex posted:

just fyi your "just fine" plasmas are probably like 40% dimmer than when you bought them it just happens so slowly you don't notice

rec.709 tv should only be 80 nits in a dark room and 120-160 in a room with windows so yeah its just fine

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/4/16851806/lg-hu80ka-4k-uhd-hdr-projector-announced-features

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ill take 3 please

i would take 4 but theres a window on one of my walls. who was the idiot who came up with that

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
a new and innovative way to interface with your posting station

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
(this stuff actually would be a legitimately Good Thing for people with mobility/motor issues but Home Depot would never go for an endcap display reminding people that their bodies are failing them so gotta target the New Shiny)

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

This looks like jumping on the CES train for Google Glass type poo poo but some manages to be a basic overlay instead of any actual augmentation. Only 1,000 earth dollars.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/18/01/05/amazon-alexa-making-appearance-in-1000-vuzix-augmented-reality-smart-glasses

pram
Jun 10, 2001
remember google glass :buddy:

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
has anyone said google rear end yet

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

pagancow posted:

CES Kicks off Monday

what’s CES, why would anyone pay attention to it

is it like some Macworld replacement since that went away after Apple stopped doing keynotes for them?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

speed up, martha

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pram posted:

remember google glass :buddy:

:skydives out of plane:

hey guys ive got the new transformers dvd

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

graph posted:

:skydives out of plane:

hey guys ive got the new transformers dvd

this is probably an actual use case if you’re a PM at google

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so is anyone here actually attending CES?

• Locked thread