Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

speed up, martha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

so i went and bought a dumb pioneer receiver with a flip up screen

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071X596WM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for my car because it was the only one with carplay that fits in the old style single DIN space in my car. literally yesterday i ripped apart my dashboard getting the old one out

and then the people on the lotus forums tell me that most people who have installed a flip out display have had to CUT OFF THE END OF THEIR WIPER STALK to make the display not hit it on the way out so i was probably gonna return it and just hot glue an iphone to my dash or something.

then alpine announced this today which i don't generally like because it has that dumb hover look that the new mercedes cars have but i guess it's probably the best choice and it fits in a single DIN space so hey.

https://alpine-usa.com/company/press/ces2018/2018/new-9-inch-ilx-f309-in-dash-system-from-alpine-electronics-will-hover-into-many-vehicles

supposedly shipping in feb. I guess i will throw this old stupid parrot asteroid that crashes all the time in the garbage and wait for the alpine. If you were thinking about buying a parrot stereo for your car, don't, it is beyond garbage. runs bad andriod, crashes and randomly turns the stereo on and off without user input, the fm tuner app unexpectedly quits all the time, etc.

so CES is... good?

anything that makes good head units for cool phones is good with me

My Linux Rig posted:

i have a USB port in my console that will charge my phone and transmit audio

it also has Bluetooth

that combination has been more useful then any car dashboard has ever been. I wish they would just replace the dash with a magnetic port for your phone

also this. loving great having the option to plug in my phone but it all being easy to access even if i dont because of bluetooth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also when ces is over im gonna need a super cut if ever increasingly goofy headset because vr is somehow still popular

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

poty posted:

the press release said blockchain so kodak stock is now a million percent up hth

it literally looks like a bitcoin chart lol gently caress. might be time to dump before someone realizes its a clever grift (the btc maneuver)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

im the remotely activated heating element

thanks to iot i too am plausible deniability in arson insurance fraud claims

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

if you don't pay it's you who farted

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jimmy Carter posted:

it’s not an autonomous car until it can navigate a Costco parking lot on a Sunday without killing someone

buddy, thats not even a normal human being

• Locked thread