Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

pagancow posted:

CES Kicks off Monday Janurary 8th with keynotes galore where hashtag #brands will attempt to woo us over by doing somehing so redicilous that we will share their branded content of them sacrificing a baby on a hoverboard to the IoT gods.

news of tech that will make you throw your 6 month old stuff in the garbo is already coming

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/01/lg-shows-off-the-worlds-first-88-inch-8k-oled-display/

(had to timg this because 88 inch tv lot bigger than your 65" you should already have)
BOOM 4k is for grandma, UUIUPPPPGRAAEEEEEED

i freaking love lg 4k oleds and the 2016s are showing up with prices at which theres no excuse not to own one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

somebody post the keynote schedule im gonna watch all of them

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1. way to miss the automated driving trend and require the driver to pay attention to the road again
2. you can tell its a serious research project by the rotating brain 3d renders
3. if only there was an interface for the brain to give instructions to the car. perhaps over some sort of wheel

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i'm the undefined metrics that add up to 103%

its not that weird tbh my vision is better than 20/20

same but with hair

poty
Jun 21, 2008

qirex posted:

raccoon natural speed king but for cars

honestly siri / alexa for the car sounds pretty useful

can teslas be voice controlled

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ill take 3 please

i would take 4 but theres a window on one of my walls. who was the idiot who came up with that

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I hope people don't think QLED is OLED.

OLED
QLED

lol

not from this distance your honor strikes again

poty
Jun 21, 2008

oh man i must be missing the lg keynote. thanQ for the heads-up

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i missed the lg keynote but at least theyre cheering me up

poty
Jun 21, 2008

panasonic is live on cnet

i havent bought a single panasonic thing in my life

poty
Jun 21, 2008

its literally because a Q sort of looks like an O if youre not paying attention

marketing told engineering to do some poo poo that started with a Q to their lovely tvs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/8/16860780/tile-partnership-boosted-board-bose-headphones-track posted:

Tile wants to track all your gadgets, even those without a tracker attached. Today the company announced that it has partnered with multiple companies that'll soon incorporate its location sharing technology in their products. Bose, Boosted (the maker of Boosted board), Samsonite, Herschel Supply, and Propeller Health (a maker of connected inhalers) will all allow users to track their devices through Tile's location tracking platform and app, without the need for an actual Tile tracker.

Bose SoundSport Wireless and QuietControl 30 headphones will receive a firmware update this spring that'll let wearers track their headphones. The update allows the headphones to work like any other Tile-connected product. Bose wearers can ring their headphones so long as their within Bluetooth range. If they're out of range, they can see where they last were, or mark them as lost and hope another Tile user comes across them. Tile's relying on the built-in speakers inside the headphones to make the ringer work, whereas the Boosted board won't have a ringer built-in. The companies are both able to add these features without having to add more hardware to their products.

The idea behind all these products using Tile's technology is that the more people are on Tile's platform, the more effective tracking will be for everyone. The company hopes to eventually location track everything and essentially destroy the concept of losing something.

Tile also says it's made additional "access point partnerships" that'll help the company retrieve location information. There aren't many details for now, but Tile says it'll partner with Comcast, Rucks Networks, and the San Jose International Airport to help wearers find their stuff.

this sounds like a good idea but ive read the tile app needs location services at full blast on your phone 24/7

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the press release said blockchain so kodak stock is now a million percent up hth

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i am so  fucking  exasperated by this trend of naming products with some stupid simple word with one letter altered or removed

like it's to the point that i will avoid purchasing such a product literally just because of the name

dont have a cyw man

poty
Jun 21, 2008

reports are saying that thieves were able to just walk in and take all proceedings from the smart safe with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/charlesarthur/status/951224534564208640

• Locked thread