Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

poty posted:

i freaking love lg 4k oleds and the 2016s are showing up with prices at which theres no excuse not to own one

I have a Panasonic plasma that still is going ok so I have no real reason to spend $1500+ on a tv since there isn't enough 4K content I actually want to own yet, but I have a feeling that I'll probably cave in this summer.

I would like to have Shin Godzilla and Fury Road on UHD, so those will probably be my first purchase when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

shin godzilla probably looks real crappy on uhd bc it's all done with models and a pirated copy of cinema 4d

uh wrong I saw the disk being played on a 7X" 4k tv in Japan and holy poo poo it's amazing

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

qirex posted:

fury road is very good in hdr

you're best waiting until your current tv dies if you're still happy with it, oled and falds are only getting cheaper, the tv I bought went from $1600 to $1000 in 7 months

Oh yeah for sure. At this rate by the time I'm ready to get one the 65" models will be down to the $1500 range probably so that's the plan.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have to admit Wacom showing off their 24" and 32" 4k Cintiqs makes me wootle a little bit.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

man only 8 pages. CES really has gone downhill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

FMguru posted:

actual important consumer electronic products get their own rollout events and press conferences. new apple doodads, new galaxy phone, new google whatever.

ces is the dumping ground for products not important enough to bother holding an event for

yeah but I mean where are the Zolls, the lovely hollywood directors walking off stage mid-speech, the dancing 'cyber generation kids' talking about texting in 5 year old slang? CES used to be quality point-and-laugh-at-it entertainment.

• Locked thread