Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

pagancow posted:

Michael Bay walked off stage

the ceo asked him how the curve would make his garbage movies better and he had no answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i just want to know when displays with vrr will actually be available in stores

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

that lucrative market of people who think "you know what i want? speakers that cost as much as b&w or proac but look like particle board junk from 40 years ago"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

"This is the dumbest poo poo I’ve ever seen at CES."

this is a pretty bold statement considering the kind of poo poo that shows up at ces.

it's dumb as gently caress, but idk if it even cracks the top ten

at least the general trend of sticking screens on kitchen appliances and prepending the name with the word "smart" so they can double the price and cut the service life from 25 years to 5 by discontinuing software updates seems to be coming to an end

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i'm the fired pr guy who spelled the company's name wrong in the press release

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

...that's the guy's last name

yeah, i glanced over the president of toyota being named toyoda

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

dude have you SEEN proac speakers 'cos they're fuckin ugly

looks fine to me. some of the finishes they offer aren't my taste, but idk who is going to pay $4k for speakers that look like they are meant to complement orange shag carpet since anyone with that kind of cash for speakers has probably updated their decor at some point during the last several decades

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 10, 2018

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

hifi posted:

i took the screen off my cerwin vegas so you can see the drivers and the red foam

the last couple of sets i built have neodymium magnets under the veneer at the corners in case i ever wanted to attach screens, but they look so nice without them that i just never bothered making them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAyJmIXcyMg

30 inches of thigh slappin' blood pumpin' nuclear brain damage

• Locked thread