Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
This games real good...

Just a weird decision to include the lovely cowboy enemies that one shot you, maybe fix that for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Killing the cowboys is the best part

https://streamable.com/tql9bq

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 23, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Allegedly this is an early version of map 3

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was really hoping we'd get something wild like how they talked about Nepal or a desert setting early on in dev streams but ah well.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, a new biome would be nice.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
You think they’d go to the trouble of making an OP trait like Gator Legs and then squander it by making maps without water!?!

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Dr. Clockwork posted:

You think they’d go to the trouble of making an OP trait like Gator Legs and then squander it by making maps without water!?!

You joke but the new update on test server made gator legs actually good haha

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/cotxie

this was the best fight I've had in weeks

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
The quality of games went WAY up since the latest ban wave. Hmmmm...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I have over 1200 hours into this game and only yesterday learned you can climb onto (really, you can just walk onto) the roof of the boss building at Brickworks. :psyduck:

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

I have over 1200 hours into this game and only yesterday learned you can climb onto (really, you can just walk onto) the roof of the boss building at Brickworks. :psyduck:

The collapsed side?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

The collapsed side?

yeah the west side you can just walk up like a ramp

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

yeah the west side you can just walk up like a ramp

Honestly I just learned about a ladder that gets you on top of the north building within the same compound.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Pro tip: when Hunting while drunk, only fight garbage-tier players

https://streamable.com/uhi5kr

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Jesus my game's started crashing all of a sudden. Literally three hard crashes in five games.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Mordja posted:

Jesus my game's started crashing all of a sudden. Literally three hard crashes in five games.

Recently I was getting one crash every night. I then validated the local files and apparently 3 files were invalid and had to be re-downloaded. I haven't had any issues since then, so this might be worth a try for you.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Update drops tonight

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Varkas posted:

Recently I was getting one crash every night. I then validated the local files and apparently 3 files were invalid and had to be re-downloaded. I haven't had any issues since then, so this might be worth a try for you.

I tried that, poo poo still hosed up, ended up redownloading the whole game and seems fine now. :shrug:

Apropos of nothing, but I finally got Tarkov to play with friends and it really makes me appreciate Hunt's relative simplicity and focus. Not a lot of looting in-match, a clear objective that forces conflict, very basic RPG mechanics.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/oyluxr

Worth it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/3jskrj

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
It's pretty odd that this is only suddenly apparent to them now when people have been complaining about it since its inception.

My friend has a loose theory that there might be some hacks that somehow make use of the filters, and this might coincide with their recent ban wave.

All in all, I'm happy that it's a more even playing field now.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It's been about 3-4 weeks since I've seen anyone doing anything seriously suspicious.

Stupid poo poo like bunny hopping and sparks/uppercut quick switching continues unabated of course but that's not "cheating".

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I want sidestepping to stop. I love this game but it is silly to sidestep endlessly.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Vahakyla posted:

I want sidestepping to stop. I love this game but it is silly to sidestep endlessly.

They need to reintroduce serious aim penalties for side stepping. Also get rid of quick swapping

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
They introduced heavy inertia on movement and weapon sway to combat AD spamming a year or so ago and the community revolted. They rolled it back on full release as I understand it.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Dr. Clockwork posted:

They introduced heavy inertia on movement and weapon sway to combat AD spamming a year or so ago and the community revolted. They rolled it back on full release as I understand it.

To be fair without some way to peek out and take snap shots without AD spamming, it's an unfortunate necessity. I wish they would apply it but only after like the first 1.5 seconds of sustained AD spam

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Oh, they did? Somehow I hadn't realized but that explains some of the issues I was having at 1.0...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dr. Clockwork posted:

My memory is hazy, but I don't think they rolled it back, just toned it down. It used to be worse somehow.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I want a dense, partially sunken New Orleans map. Urban, part hosed up from a storm or fire.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
45% off on steam until end of August.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

How jank is this game, and how long does it take to find games?

Looks interesting but I got burned thinking I might be cheeki breeki enough for Tarkov, which it turns out I am not.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Wheeee posted:

How jank is this game, and how long does it take to find games?

Looks interesting but I got burned thinking I might be cheeki breeki enough for Tarkov, which it turns out I am not.

Still a little jank, I usually start loading into a game in under a minute. Vastly prefer Hunt to what I've played of Tarkov which seems to be partly a session-based DayZ which gives me PTSD. Hunt's a much more focused game, every match you're expected to find clues to the boss and either kill the boss or wait for someone else to kill the boss and then try and kill them. There's very little in-map looting and character and item management is much more streamlined than Tarkov's inventory nightmare. It's all just standard buy and equip menus.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Not having to scavenge for weapons is the nicest change from previous BR games I've played. Another plus for me is because the weapons are cowboy guns, the shootouts can last quite awhile which leads to interesting positioning gameplay. Also the sound design kicks rear end.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Non-zero jank but less than I was led to expect. I also vastly prefer Hunt to my experience so far in Tarkov, having an actual concrete objective that funnels people around the map is a huge advantage in my book. I do wish games loaded a little faster, but it's not bad.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hunt also feels way less full of loving cheaters. Most queues are under a minute and my friends and I have maybe one crash every 15-20 games, so not superb but not bad.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Haven't crashed in hunt in over a year. And I've sunk a few hundred hours in this year alone. If that helps.

I find this game has very little jank. Some of the controls can feel clunky but its actually by design.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I've had a few rounds in the past three or so weeks where myself or a teammate inexplicably started to astrally project ourselves. Upon spawning I was able to wander the map silently and invisibly, up until the point where a zombie found my unmoving physical body and murdered me in the spawn. When it happened to my friend his physical body was following his input but it had somehow become disconnected from his viewpoint so we had to guide him to the extract in what was basically a corporate team building session from hell.

Game is still good though and it's probably just the witch's curse.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh hey yeah I had the latter experience once, luckily we spawned right in front of an extract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Servers have been complete poo poo today, near constant stutter stepping, teleportation, and high packet loss.