Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I missed out on getting this during the steam sale - is it up on any decent discount sites? I checked fanatical and GMG but no luck.

I know it's only $30 but given how little interest there seems to be in it I'd rather avoid full retail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I was super iffy on getting this but duos with a bro are insanely fun.

Last night we had an insane 6 to 8 person brawl in the fog outside the butcher's location, racking up four kills before we were so low on resources and health we had to extract. Not a ton of money since we just found some clues but a load of XP from a T3 player kill and a whole mess of random monsters.

Game is good and the fog is probably the best implemented I've ever seen in a game.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it

Elendil004 posted:

Well I guess I was equipped with both of them.

I'm pretty sure we're also just real bad at video games, honestly.

Hunt is still a good game though.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I played with pubs for several levels early on and had a good experience saying "hey what do you think about going here?" I haven't done pub duos recently but overall it seemed like most people used voicechat and understood that going full hogs-out Rambo style wasn't a winning strategy.

I want a danged postmatch killcam. If nothing else it'd make it easier to figure out what I did wrong when I die unexpectedly. Don't display it until your duo is out to avoid an in match advantage but drat.

Also if your partner is downed and set on fire how do you get them up? It seems like I'd have to jump into the flames for even a chance at it.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it

Elendil004 posted:

Respawning zombies and a more dangerous map would be great but the devs have said this is a PVP game and honestly that's where this game falls apart. Getting dunked on by a lvl 100 rank 3 with two crossbows is loving dumb every time.

In close quarters like that fight I think the outcome would've been the same if they'd had a rifle and shotgun, just louder for him. It was a bad place for an engagement.

More granular skill based matchmaking would be nice but I doubt the game's population can support it.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I played duos last night and got into three matches very quickly so I wouldn't call it dead.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
The game has always had some weird weapons, with more being added later in development but I don't think it was ever an old timey shootout at the OK Corral game.

I haven't had a problem with any of the changed mechanics so far. The UI is certainly a turd but I haven't noticed the same gameplay issues others report.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
Yeah I like that trios opens up more options for flanking and distractions, like when my team splits up for mysterious reasons and is extremely murdered by the teams that aren't stupid and stick together.

It also makes for wild firefights.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it

Basticle posted:

I know I'm in the minority on this but, except for a few minor things, I'm really enjoying the current version of the game.

What I'm not enjoying, however, is the fact that every single game the last 2-3 weeks has had constant lag spikes and server disconnects. I or my partner has been dropped from the server (and it dosent always tell you this!) at least once a night.

Crytek has claimed they arent sure why this is happening.

It's been quite a bit longer than 2-3 weeks though if it's happening every game then it may have gotten worse. Per patch notes they've been investigating server instability since 1.0, I think.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I've had a few rounds in the past three or so weeks where myself or a teammate inexplicably started to astrally project ourselves. Upon spawning I was able to wander the map silently and invisibly, up until the point where a zombie found my unmoving physical body and murdered me in the spawn. When it happened to my friend his physical body was following his input but it had somehow become disconnected from his viewpoint so we had to guide him to the extract in what was basically a corporate team building session from hell.

Game is still good though and it's probably just the witch's curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
After you fire a shot you cannot change weapons until the recoil animation has finished.

Pre patch you can swap immediately after firing, so you can shoot a Mosin and immediately change to your Uppercut to fire again. It would essentially let you fire two shots before the first gun's firing animation even finishes.

Edit: does the recoil animation include cycling the bolt, recocking, etc or is it just the kick that you have to wait for?

caedwalla fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 4, 2020