Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Since this game has "perma-death" I wonder what occurs if you don't secure the bounty but also don't die.

Would it essentially allow for your hunter to continually live to fight another day but you'd receive either a substantially diminished reward or nothing at all, or over time would your character slowly succumb to some illness/madness caused by the "piece of hell" inside themselves due to their constant inability to secure the loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

This stream talks about progression and character development. I don't know if it answers your specific question - but it seems your characters have their own rank, but also your account will hav it's own overarching progressions called "bloodline." I haven't finished watching, but once I parse it I will add a subsection above.

Something tells me you're going to like their community manager as well. :mmmhmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZocb_Xk-Yk

Edit: they said you will get EXP from killing NPCs and you will get cash from collecting clues. It will feed into your character / bloodline progression. The bounty is a massive reward, however. Also everything is evenly shared between you and your partner at the end of the game.

Regardless, I feel that going after other players first and then killing the boss off at your leisure will be the optimal strat.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

keyframe posted:

By the way how many players are in a match?

I believe there are 5 teams per match. A team can be either one or two players.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Clues are shared right?

Yes, clues are shared between you and your partner.